Mod!Challenge The 2009 Dare Challenge: ** Dares posted!! **

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. p_stotts Force Ghost

star 4
  2. earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One

star 6
  3. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    To: All writers
    Re: Friendly Reminder

In order to comply with the rules put in place by the owner of this site, please keep in mind the fan fiction boards on TFN are strictly Family Friendly. When posting your stories, please adhere to the following:

? All stories must be rated no higher than PG.
    ? Sexual innuendo (an indirect remark or gesture that usually carries a suggestion of impropriety ) is permitted as long as it is not specific. Examples can be found Here
    ? If you would like a mod to look over a story/passage to make sure it is okay to post, please PM one of us and we will be happy to do so.
    ? Higher rated versions of your stories can be offered to interested readers via PM. Links to off site stories are not permitted in the story itself but you are welcome to direct readers there via PM.

If you have any questions regarding the policy, please feel free to PM me, Kelia, Jedi_Trace, or VaderLVR64 .
  4. tahiriveilax Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll remember to keep that in mind :)

I'll post mine today, once I can get on my computer (on the internet on my phone).
  5. NightSword Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  6. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Argh!
    I hate you. IhateyouIhateyouIhateyou.

I had that idea for a dare, but I didn't send it in because I thought it might be to much to write a character nobody seems to know and on top of that align it to a song by a band nobody knows.... and now, I ended up writing it myself.
    Go, me.[face_plain]

*grrrr*
    Oh well, at least it'll have Walon Vau.[face_love]

:p
  7. Lolly_Tolly Force Ghost

star 4
    *gives Lanna a "Told you so" look* o_O
  8. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
  9. tahiriveilax Jedi Master

star 4
  10. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I guess I need to get started on reading these. [face_blush]
  11. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Okay, I've posted it.... not sure if it's what the dare-giver was expecting but...*shrugs* it's what my muse provided...

A Teen Convinced

Well, it's up now, so I have to wonder if you're the one that subjected me to that... and if so, how did you know that I have a personal disdain for musicals, especially of the "high-school" variety...
  12. madman007 Force Ghost

star 4
    Funny you should mention musicals. Although, the dare I got was to rewrite a more traditional musical than the "high school" variety. Here it is!

The Feel Of Dance

(sings)
    The hillllls are aliiiive, with the sound of Star Wars! [cough, cough. Sorry, getting it out of my system. Where's my Radiohead cd? Ahhhhh!]
  13. Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is it bad that I'm probably enjoying writing my Dare a little more than I should?:D
  14. CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master

star 4

Yes, you must loath your dare with all of your being in order to qualify.:p

I certainly do.
  15. Lolly_Tolly Force Ghost

star 4
    I absolutely agree, Rex. I hate OCs! :_|
  16. p_stotts Force Ghost

star 4
    The hardest thing about an OC is figuring out who they are and what they're all about. Once you get their personality and quirks down, the character should come to life and tell you what he/she wants and how to go about it. Funny how characters are bossy like that.
  17. Seremela Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love my dare as well (okay, except for one part of it...) and currently I have great fun thinking up the characters for it :D

*Off to read the new dare answers*

18. TheMacUnleashed Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    My Dare Response is posted: http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/29819821/p1/?2 Thanks to KELIA for moving it to the Saga Board for me. [:D]
  19. Storms_Legacy Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Mine's done! And I have to say, whoever came up with mine did a pretty darn good job of making it evil. All dialogue is not fun when you love to write descriptions. Heh. But, it works so wonderfully with the Wraiths that it was too good not to use them.

Janson!
  20. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    To me, it makes perfect sense that you'd enjoy it... especially if it was my Dare. Whoever received my dare should feel blessed and happy, and some other synonyms like that...

Truth be told, I was actually having second thoughts about dare I sent in, thinking it might be a tad... malicious.... at least until I received the one I got...
  21. Jaidyn_Knightfall Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh, I don't know whose Dare it was originally. I just know that for what the subject matter is and the twist I made up to go with it, I'm having way too much fun.8-}
  22. CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master

star 4

QFT!!!
  23. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Iambic pentameter? Really? Must go read that one...

Mine was to base it off of one of earlybird's wonderful paintings.

It Was In His Eyes...
  24. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    This was my Dare:

Here is your Dare for BEYOND THE SAGA:

-Someone is captured, whether or not they're rescued is up to you
    -Something must blow up
    -Stormtroopers need to be involved somehow
    -No more than three characters can speak
    -You may use familiar characters, but you must completely make up all settings (ships, planets, whatever) in the story

And here's the story: A Place Of Death
  25. tahiriveilax Jedi Master

star 4
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.