main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge The 2009 Dare Challenge: ** Dares posted!! **

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    lol. Ditto all the way. I thought mine was a little bit challenging, until I got my dare....

So, when do we find out who to target? [face_beatup] :p

2. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    I got one that probably won't be too challenging for next year. But it'll be interesting for sure. [face_mischief]

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    The one I submitted was not written either. *Sigh* Ah, well. Maybe next time?

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    That was the dare I sent in. [face_laugh] So, I have the honor of stumping two people in one year, eh? [face_devil]

Still, I would like to see if anyone could do this crazy idea. I mean, there were a couple stories from dares from this year that were at least as hard if not harder than this one, and were pulled off beautifully.

5. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    Alexis I know Wacko, Toto, and Bowser and that's it. I'm not good at humor so I couldn't pull Wacko off right, but I could get the other two. It's just that I don't know a thing about the others, otherwise I could probably pull it off.

6. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    Yeah, I knew Bowser and Bond and Toto and Tom, but that's all.

Somebody will do it well, I'm sure.

You got my dare! "Duleing Duets" Nice job on that, btw.

7. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    oh yeah "Dueling Duets" was insanely funny. I have no idea what songs were used for the beats, but it was still funny. The image of them singing wouldn't leave my mind for hours.

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Yeah, I guess many of the people on these boards are too young to know Pippi Longstocking [face_laugh]

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I spent most of the time last month brainstorming songs, and didn't actually getting down to writing until the day of the deadline! [face_laugh] I guess I could have given links to the songs to enhance the experience. :p

9. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    umm... yes... definitely did not have any time to do this. sorry to whoever gave me my dare. i may still do something with it though, as i had a story idea for it.

lolly? that one was mine... *reading now*

:snoopy

10. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Write a multi-crossover story with Severious Snape of the Harry Potter series as the Emperor Palpatine, Tom Bombadill from the Lord of the Rings novels as Obi-wan Kenobi, Speed Racer from doh! Speed Racer as Luke, Bowser from Mario Bros fame as Darth Vader, Pippi Longstocking as Leia, Toto from "Wizard of Oz" as Chewbacca, Wacko Warner from the "Animaniacs" as Han Solo, Calvin from "Calvin and Hobbes" as Yoda, and James Bond as Lando Calrissian.

LOL! I'm on the flip side of things. I don't have a clue who Bowser and Wacko Warner are.

11. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I guess I'd be showing my age when I say that I am familiar with every character mentioned. Then I'd show my lack of writing creativity when I say that I would have no CLUE as to how to write a fan fiction with all of them. [face_hypnotized]

12. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    I think I could manage it... but not with that 2500 word limit which the challenge imposes... [face_thinking]

13. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i know who all of those are as well... and i can think of a few ways that could be played with... might could pull it within the limit. maybe...

question: are any of the dares open to alternate interpretations if there is one you particularly want to write? it wouldn't be part of the contest, but just a story you got from the dare.

:snoopy

14. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I haven't made it through all of the entries quite yet, let alone had time to leave proper feedback, but based on my observations thus far, singing seemed to be a very big theme in the dares this year. [face_thinking] That struck me as kind of amusing. Also, it's nice to know I wasn't alone in the concept of dare given. :p

15. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    It?s time to vote! I?ll post the instructions here and in the first post of the thread.

VOTING RULES

Only the authors who completed their dares on time get to vote.

PM your vote for the Best Dare Challenge response to one of the fanfic mods.

Just like the annual awards, please do not vote for yourself.

Voting will run Saturday-Saturday, March 28-April 4th.

16. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    :p Oh good, there's still some time, because I'm a bit behind in reading.

*rubbing hands in anticipation* On to the next one!

17. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    I've put in my vote. :)

18. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'll be on vacation the final day that voting is open, so I'll go ahead and post a list of all the PMs I've opened containing votes:

amidalachick
    Storms_Legacy
    Seremela
    Ceillean
    RK_Striker_JK_5
    tahiriveilax
    Lolly_Tolly

If you send me a PM vote and your name isn't on this list on April 4th, then re-send it to VaderLVR or KELIA to be counted. :)

19. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay, the voting's over and the absurd tension can begin!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Storms_Legacy

Storms_Legacy Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    You can say that again. I'm not even particularly nervous or concerned about whether mine even placed or not. I just want to see who won because there were so many awesome entries.

21. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    *bitting nails and looking around nervously*

[face_praying] [face_worried]

22. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I agree. It was hard to choose just one to vote for. So many of the dare challenges were extremely... well, challenging. :D I think I got off easy compared to most. Everyone who submitted their entry on time should be applauded. It's no small feat to write a story based on someone else's criteria. Bravo to you all! =D=

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Congrats to the winners. [face_peace] =D=

24. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Congrats to all the winners! Everyone really rose to the challenges of their dares.

25. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I won. :eek::eek:

Surprised doesn't even cut it. Wow.

Thanks so much for the votes! [:D]

And congratulations to JediNemsis and NightSword!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.