main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge ]:) --The 2011 Dare Challenge -- ]:) -- Winners! ~~ Dare List now up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Wow, thank you!

Congratulations, everyone! :D

2. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Whoop, whoop! Congrats, guys. Great job to all who stuck it through their challenging dares!

...but now I get to sit in suspense, or fear, over what horrid combination I will be saddled with for the next week. Be gentle!

3. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Congrats you three! You wrote some pretty awesome stories!

4. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Oh, wow --I didn't expect this at all. Thanks, everyone who voted for me [:D] And to Fels and Mara, congratulations! [face_dancing]

5. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    Congratulations to all of you! They were all wonderful fics.[:D]

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Congratulations, everyone! [face_dancing] =D=

~MJ@};-

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Congrats to the winners, and [:D] to fellow participants!

8. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Congrats guys! There really were tons of awesome responses this year to a lot of crazy dares. I think everyone deserves a round of applause! =D=

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    THANK YOU to everyone who participated and CONGRATS to the winners!!! You all deserve a huge round of =D= =D= =D=

10. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Everyone deserves a huge round of applause. Great entries all around! =D=

Thanks to everyone for participating!

11. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002

I'm going to second that... Crazy, nutty dares and awesome responses... it was tough as a participant to choose who would get the crown... but fantastic to read the creativity that comes out of this!

And big thanks to the Mods, as always, for setting this up and managing it! It's always a blast![:D]

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Dare list!

So now those of you who haven't fessed up to submitting an evil dare are going to be outed! [face_skull]

The Dares that were not written have the submitters name in red. If anyone would like to adopt one of theses lonely unwritten dares I'm sure the person who submitted it would be appreciative! So who's up for a little more torture?? :D

JediMara77

Characters: Ahsoka Tano, Darth Vader
    Timeframe: between ROTS and ANH, but Ahsoka MUST be a full-grown adult
    Background information: Prior to ROTS, Ahsoka was captured by the Separatists and is assumed to have been killed, which is one of the factors towards Anakin's turn to the Dark Side. In actuality she managed to escape, and after getting the warning to stay away from the Temple, she goes into hiding. Eventually she meets up with some other Jedi including Shaak Ti, completes her training, and they begin to plot against the Empire. AHSOKA DOES NOT KNOW THAT ANAKIN HAS BECOME DARTH VADER.
    Plot: Darth Vader is tasked with hunting down any remaining Jedi Knights. He runs into Ahsoka on an Outer Rim planet (doesn't matter which one but NOT Tatooine). They duel, Vader beats her and cuts off her hand/arm, and before he makes the killing blow he says something really evil and refers to her as "Snips." Horrified, she realizes that Vader is Anakin just before he decapitates her (just as he did Dooku). Vader leaves to report to the Emperor, feeling absolutely no remorse.
    Special requests: I would like this written from both character's POVs, switching back and forth where appropriate. The part where Ahsoka realizes it's Anakin, I would like from her POV, and have the fic end with Vader's POV. Also, BE AS EVIL AS YOU LIKE!

earlybird-obi-wan
    I dare the writer to come with a story
    with: Yoda and Yaddle speaking in their peculiar language about:
    Siri and Obi-Wan
    Love and the Jedi code has to be in it.
    Kisses and yes it has to be a SiriWan

KELIA

?And visit I will the cloners of Kamino and see this army they have created for the Republic.? Master Yoda ? Attack of the Clones

Your dare is to write Yoda on Kamino but with a little, bitty twist [face_evil]

While looking around Kamino, Yoda discovers area 59, a secret area of the cloning facility. The area houses clones?.but what kind? That will be entirely up to you. You can have some fun with it and make hundreds of Jar-Jar Binks clones, designed to drive the entire Galaxy insane or you can make it serious and have the clones be a special breed of soldier. The only requirement is they cannot be clones of Jango Fett.

The second requirement is ? the clones fate must be decided at some point in your story. They can be destroyed, deployed or Force sealed behind a barrier no one can ever break through or anything else your mind can conjure up. That is entirely up to you.

Oh yeah, and Yoda is the one who decides their fate.

Mira_Jade

I Dare you to write a story in which the following (quoted from Wookipedia) is explained -

It is believed that the Hapans were left to their own devices by the Galactic Empire, as no records of any major confrontations between the two parties exist as of yet . . . During Palpatine's reign, some people believed that he was secretly in love with a Hapan woman.

- by Emperor Palpatine being in love with none other than Ta'a Chume! Make the man suffer - have him write creepily evil love letters, send her heads on platters, steal the hopes and dreams of children to fill her pillow with ? whatever your muse can go crazy with.

Include the words: prolix, spawn, ardor, callipygous, and malediction.

Include the phrases: ?Black is the colour of my true love's heart.?
    ?By the prickling of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.?
    ?When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before.?

Kudos to you if you actually include a date between the two, and a musing moment where Palpatine admits he'd like the name 'Isolder' for a son.

M

13. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I am not surprised at all that the dare I received was voted Most Outrageous Dare. :p

14. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    ;) Upersue's dare was Bound Like So.

Wow, now I know what everybody sent in. Those are evil...[face_devil]

15. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Um. My dare wasn't written and I wrote FelsGoddess's so those two need to switch colors.

16. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Fixed.
    That's what happens when I try and do something on three hours of sleep. 8-}

17. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    So here's a question - if we see a dare that wasn't written... and we have this urge to do so... can we and link it back here as a 'post dare' thing? Because some of those that weren't written look like good fun and, frankly, one or even two of those beyond ones are biting...

18. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    If so, I would worship the ground of whoever actually does write my dare. It was a dang good dare!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Fitting that Ceillean wrote the dare I sent in last year and this year I had hers. :p

20. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Yes, please do link it back here! It will make it easier for people to find now and in the future! :)

21. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002

Well Ish - you're going to get your wish. I've looked up what I think I need and I'll give it a shot. I'll post the link here when I'm done :)

22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay! I sort of think that having to write your own dare (as I might have done eventually) is the epitome of lame. :) Thanks, Jade.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Sorry I flaked out on my story, guys. [face_blush]

It's almost finished, though, I promise.

What do you guys think about breaking up the challenge into different categories in future? It seems to me we had two types of dares here. We had the short but insane idea, and then the long and hilariously difficult ideas. Do you think we ought to put a word limit on dares in the future?

24. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Which dare did you have?

25. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    The Empress Mara dare, submitted by Master_Jaina.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.