main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The 2016 General Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Where to begin.....

FEMA is down there and by all reports is handling the recovery fine, so what exactly do want the President to do besides go down there for a photo op?

Outside of partisan hacks, no one cares.

Unless there is some new smoking gun in this emails, and by all accounts there is really nothing here then again no one is going to care.

BTW, even if Trump won those states(which he won't since Clinton has had a steady lead in those states since the spring and has a much better GOTV operation)....he still loses. Hillary doesn't need OH or FL, when she already has VA, NH, CO, and PA. That is 273 right there.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008

He had more money and a much better GOTV operation as well.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I miss Romney.

And I wish I could screenshot this post and send it to 2012 Me, because 2012 Me would have laughed her ass off or drank heavily. Or both.

4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm pretty sure I remember someone mentioning in this very thread earlier that the Governor of Louisiana asked for high-profile people to NOT visit his state, because it would only delay the actual work that needs to get done.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That would have been me, yesterday or the day before.

7. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    fivethirtyeight also attributes Portman's improved polling to $15 million in ad spending. Not sure how the Senate candidate's tv ad-fueled rising tide lifts Trump's boat. I don't think it normally works that way.

8. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Portman's lead is because Ted Strickland is a terrible candidate.

9. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

Trump apology soundbyte is/was no different to Amon Goeth momentarily taking Schindler's advice about power.

Iron_lord and Darth Nerdling like this.
  10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Hey, it's Godwin!

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  11. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    just saw a new Monmouth poll that has Kasich 57% to 33% for Clinton in Ohio if he'd been the nominee

so yeah, the polls that showed Trumpsterfire was the worst candidate last year in a general election are holding up.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    See, I actually sympathise with conservative parties outside the US because they're not anti-intellectual morons seeking to drag the world kicking and screaming to the brink.

American conservatism is a blue collar ideology of plain spoken imbeciles in the street who eschew expert advice and research in favour of their "gut instinct", which is usually formed by their wordly travels of never leaving their home state, much less country.

When facts are shown that demonstrate the fallacy of any position they hold, they attack the messenger.

In simple terms, not all conservatives are idiots, but all idiots in America are conservative. It's part of the DNA of the movement there. Imbeciles supporting cretins.

I've never met a more contemptuous group of slobs in my life.

13. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Mike rules!

Beginning Laugh does not.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

That's acceptable now.

Mike Godwin, himself, amended the rules. His actual words on the subject: "If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler or Nazis when you talk about Trump."

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Trump cancels rallies in
    -Denver
    -Vegas
    -Portland
    -and his big Immigration speech was postponed

Something is going on, I wonder if it's Trump or the new campaign management.

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  16. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    The Denver and Portland rallies were taking place in states he's certain to lose. He'll most likely lose Nevada as well.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  17. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Where do you get that?

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "Wi-Fi ruins kids' brains" sounds like an absurd conspiracy from a Luddite, plus her pandering to the anti-vaccine crowd.

Let's bring measles and polio back, they said. It'll be fun, they said.

19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    If you can provide quotes where Hillary advocates interning people based on their race, please do so. If you can provide evidence that Hillary has ever told her supporters to use violence to silence protestors, please do so. If you can find quotes where Hillary stated that women couldn't do their jobs when they were on their periods, please do so. If you can find places where Hillary has advocated violence against the family members of criminals in order to curtail crime, please do so. If you can find a quote where Hillary says global warming is a conspiracy by the government, please do so. If you can find a quote where Hillary ever mocked a fellow candidate because he or she was ugly and/or had a small penis, please do so.

Until you provide those things, I have to say that, regardless of how bad you think Hillary is, Trump is worse. He's more of a fascist; more of a misogynist; more of an anti-science candidate; more of a racist; more arrogant; and just plain more of a crazy bully. Hillary may not be a "true" feminist, whatever that means to you; she may be hawkish; she may have some unenlightened ideas about race or science. But she isn't as dangerous as Trump. Not by a damned long shot.

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    From Jill Stein.

dp4m and heels1785 like this.
  21. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015

maybe, but I don't see how Strickland's terribliciticiousness helps Trump in Ohio. It's possible I guess, but it seems much more likely that people will vote straight party democrat because Trump is terrible than people will vote straight party Republican because Strickland is terrible. The smart voter is going to want to punish the entire Republican party for nominating Trump.

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    ugh, saying that there should be more third party oversight over the big pharmaceutical companies in order to foster more trust between the public and the medical establishment, and hopefully bring more people back into the vaccination fold is not "pandering to anti-vaxxers".

stein's comments on wi-fi and gmo's have for the most part been "more research is needed". you can think it's problematic to even suggest more research is needed, but please don't misrepresent her position. i think her biggest problem has been whenever she's asked a question by a supporter she seems to want to tell them exactly what they want to hear, which was where the "we should not be subjecting kids' brains to that" quote came from. her later clarifying quote, "Scientists don't know for sure if these technologies are safe for children, and as a doctor, I'd rather take precautions until the research is more conclusive" is at least more reasonable.

but my biggest problem with the stein "anti-science" smear campaign is that it just picks on a couple times stein maybe misspoke or maybe even a couple wonky ideas she has, and as such it holds her to this ridiculous impossibly higher standard than the two mainstream, entirely more problematic candidates.

Frank T. and Rew like this.
  23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Roanoke poll out today in Virginia - Clinton 48, Trump 32, Johnson 8, Stein 3

Same poll in May - Clinton 38, Trump 38, "Other" 11

24. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Never thought I would see numbers like that.

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Now we know why her campaign pulled the ads. I wonder what their internal polls showed with the other states.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.