main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The 2016 General Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Typical pathetic bully behavior on his part.

He's obviously got something to worry about regarding unreleased tapes.

EHT and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope more come so we can see him slowly fall apart and lose more and more people

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  3. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I truly cannot believe that an immature, crude, swine-like individual such as Trump is running for president. And he really needs to do something about his coke addiction sniffing problem. His character and demeanor clearly make him unfit for office.

And I have never heard any boys in middle and high school say the disgusting and demeaning things about women that Trump had said on that video.

At least Clinton acts presidential.

4. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    This. I am in a swim club and most of our locker room talk is entirely composed of us taking the piss out of each other. Not...whatever the hell is Trump is doing. Man, he'd be that guy who says extremely awkward stuff in the showers and no one likes.

Rogue1-and-a-half, Rew, EHT and 2 others like this.
  5. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

I can get behind the ticker idea. But the problem is it need to be universal, every separate channel right now does their own ticker. All channels - CNN, NBC, FOX, PBS etc need to be on the same page with a fact-checking scroll

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    its actually ironic he caught the sniffles.

Jedi_Kenobi32 likes this.
  7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Absolutely. The man is a terrible poker player and things like this are his tell. He did the same thing to Ted Cruz when he was losing by attacking Heidi. He threatened to run third party if the GOP wasn't "fair" to him. Any time he feels slighted, he resorts to threats. The problem is he has nothing to make good on those threats and he plays exactly into Hillary's hands by doing so. Everything he's done this weekend has completely validated her arguments on why he is not fit for the presidency.

8. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    [​IMG]

9. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

This. Can we just swear in Hillary already and get this over with? This has been the darkest and weirdest and most cynical Presidential cycle I've ever seen.

CT-867-5309, Ghost and unicorn like this.
  10. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I do seriously wonder now after all this, if by some way, Hillary lost and Trump managed the 270, would the representatives of the electoral college (who could legally change their vote) do so? Better yet, if it was sent to the House, would they truly choose Trump over Hillary or worse, try to get Pence or Ryan in?

All extreme hypotheticals. Hillary's margin is likely to remain double digits by election day

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Faithless electors are extremely rare and as a result never affect the outcome of an election. I know paranoia masturbation is this thread's m.o., but at least come up with something more plausible.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  12. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Ugh, I don't. I'm just waiting for this election to be over.

13. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I wouldn't even say rare so much as nigh impossible. But in this .000001 percent hypothetical, it's a question worth asking. Republicans are running away from the man, but if he did have a path to victory and it rested with them, would they pick him?

And to be clear, I have consistently asserted Hillary will win and the margin of victory will be definitive. I have not waivered from that position. But given this race is pretty much over, I'd rather look at the other impossible scenarios than pretend Trump can actually come back from this enough to win.

14. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    In that spirit, let me ask a related question. Would the Democrats in that scenario assent to a Pence/Ryan Presidency or would they put up a candidate of their own, say Biden for example if they thought they could force him through?

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Alright, so suppose China declares war on the US on the 14th...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I've seen several Trump ads on TV here today.

In California.

What is the Trump campaign doing?

darthdrago and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  17. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    What I'm really curious to see is how much Trump will target Republicans who have turned their back on him. He was attacking Republican politicians during the primary for much less, and he's ridiculously vindictive. I think he'd enjoy destroying the GOP as payback. (Actually I think he likes destroying people for fun). If he turns on them, then the Dems could gain a strong majority in the Senate and come much closer in the House.

Trump may not even go away after the election. He's got Ailes and Bannon (Breitbart News) working with him, and Trump's expressed interest in running a news network. What could be a better way of creating an audience for such a network than splitting GOP voters into regular Republicans and the Trumpeters? (This would be a deathblow to the GOP imho.)

"When Trump becomes President, I want to be able to tell my children that I did everything I could to stop him."

18. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Using its money with the same good sense that defined how Trump runs his business.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    And I have seen practically none, in a swing state. I saw one on ESPN a couple of days ago and that's it.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I did see two different ones run in FL, one of which I saw up here (so may be national, anti-Hillary).

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Same in Mass. To be fair we do have a lot of disaffected white blue collar folks... BUT we have a ton more of the best-educated people in the country. So yeah, I don't even....

22. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I mean, I'm in LA. Trump probably has ten supporters in LA. What a weird strategy. All it's going to do is hurt local Republicans running for office here.

By the way, on Anderson Cooper tonight, they dug into the issue preventing more clips leaking, specifically from The Apprentice.

For one, Mark Burnett has categorically denied he's threatened anyone working on the show with a lawsuit or penalty. He says it's a contractual thing. Probably preventing any leaks, even from him. Cooper pointed out that Trump co-owned The Apprentice. So in all likelihood, it's Trump - not NBC or Burnett - who would sue anyone leaking footage and breaking their NDA.

Burnett further says he's not a Trump supporter and donates to Democrats. (I don't know if he's a US citizen, hence maybe donating rather than voting).

On the one hand, that's good to hear about Burnett... On the other hand, this sucks because it basically means no one is going to leak any more because Trump would personally sue them, and possibly for much more than $5 million. He would probably try to argue such a leaker was preventing him from being President.

This is also pretty telling and disgusting as far as Trump goes. Because he essentially created a work environment for himself (in his company but also on The Apprentice) where he basically could say whatever vile things he wanted and harass employees and coworkers, and they couldn't do a damn thing about it. He knows all this **** is on tape, and doesn't have to fear it because he can and will sue the crap out of anyone who leaks anything. Even if what they're leaking is clearly for the public good, he'd probably win. You really would need someone like Cuban to back you up in order to have security.

But hey, I'm sure WikiLeaks will manage to get those clips and leak them, since they're in the public interest. Because WikiLeaks is all about free flow of information, rather than just obtaining the information Russia wants them to leak, right? What a selfless humanitarian, that Julian Assange.

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Honestly if it is the case that Trump is doing the suing, I could almost see Buffet, Cuban and Oprah along with other billionaires against Trump funding that one. It would be worth it if it ensured his defeat.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Peter Thiel vs. Mark Cuban...

25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Battle of the *******s.

Point Given and ShaneP like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.