main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The 2016 General Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Michelle is pounding him for his comments on the election being rigged. I just so love the fact that two powerful, brilliant women have taken this man down.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, an example of one of Trump's jokes about Hillary:

"Hillary bumped into me earlier this evening and said 'pardon me'. I replied, 'we'll see when I get into office'."

Or something to that effect. She laughed too, but it was a dumb joke and an awkward moment.

3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    But what Michelle thinks doesn't matter to the Trump fans.
    It was a classic internet troll post performed live on stage, and his supporters love his trolling. Its so naughty. Like a kid sneaking a puff of a cigarette, it's got a breaking the rules thrill to it. The truth doesn't matter. It upsets the people they hate, so it becomes the truth.

(Yeah, I'm blathering)

Jedi Merkurian and Sauntaero like this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Trump also said something like "we all know Hillary hates Catholics, and a corrupt hypocrite."

That was it.

No joke included.

He actually said she "hates Catholics"

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  5. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Just listened to some of Hillary's jokes. Some good natured ribbing at herself: "I want to put you all in a basket of adorables" and some decent digs at Trump "Donald if at any point you disagree with what I say, feel free to stand up and say "Wrong"

but the best line: "Come to think of it, it's amazing I'm up here after Donald. I didn't think he'd be ok with a peaceful transition of power" [face_dancing]

6. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    I never get tired laughing at that caricature:

[​IMG]

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Personally, I found the "pardon" joke a bit funny - and I'm a Hillary supporter. Both Donald and Hillary had a few flat jokes or so, but Donald went off the jokes and onto a political stump speech at the end and was rightly booed for it.

BTW, I received my absentee ballot today. In the mail tomorrow. (Washington state)

Darth Nerdling and Sepra like this.
  8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Probably one of the better mashup/parodies I've seen:

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Trump's bit about his wife giving the same speech as Michelle was funny.

The vast majority of his speech was embarrassing. Got to be a low moment for this dinner.

solojones and V-2 like this.
  10. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I agree with one part of this post specifically: Tough to support the party overall when they're socially conservative, because that's not at all what I'm interested in as someone who used to vote republican. I ended up realizing I'm libertarian -- socially liberal, economically extremely conservative. I prefer a more "live and let live" approach to government policy and when you're unsure what to do, please do nothing. Nothing is almost always preferable to what the government does. The smaller and less funded the government is, the better. If it has almost no ability or money to do much of anything besides defend the borders, great! That's all it should be doing. The rest is a waste of my money.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Schools, roads, national parks, environmental regulation, prisons, car registrations, hospital funding, etc are all less important than keeping out foreigners?

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That room is full of basically Bill O'Reillys..older, Irish Catholic, conservative rich white men. Hard for a Republican to get booed mercilessly.

But he did it!

EHT and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Sad video...
    https://www.facebook.com/theguardian/videos/1491239407569788/

16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I wish people would stop dressing their self-interest up with the thin veneer of legitimacy by pretending it's a valid ideology.

Libertarianism is, in a single word, a lie. More completely, it's a combination of people who are deaf and blind to the obligations of the social contract and who think they understand economics (they don't) advocating for the dissolution of the social fabric.

Charlatans with delusions of grandeur; whores in ladies clothing.

EHT, yankee8255, Sauntaero and 3 others like this.
  17. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Libertarianism is a fun mental exercise that becomes void as soon as you step out the door.
    So I guess it works, for those who spend their days indoors.

Point Given likes this.
  18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I don't understand that mentality. America is supposed to be the most powerful country in the world and other countries are supposed to bow down to us--but who we choose as a leader is none of their business?

Rowling has been owning this election on Twitter.

He thinks he has one, and people who do not laugh at his "jokes" about women's looks, comments about sexual assault, threats of violence, etc. are the real humorless ones.

Ghost and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  20. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    I wanted to post this for my Liberal friends
    KEEP ALERT A COUPLE OF BAD HOMBRES ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER AMERICA
    [​IMG]

21. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    ^Somehow, that wouldn't surprise me

Is Trump's hand up Putin's skirt...er boxers?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

But... you forgot the punchline! :p (it's a picture for a Bad Hombre cologne...)

23. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I know it's a few days old, but you won't believe that talkingpointsmemo piece about Trump, Jr. that will make your jaw drop. It will shock you.

Not only should men be allowed to have conversations in the workplace that demean women, but if women can't handle it, they should get out of the workforce and teach kindergarten.

Because, you know, teaching kindergarten isn't a job.

So much like his daddy, hope he never tries to run for office.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Come on, Rylo Ken, you can't ask the younger Adolf the Orange or machobros like him to not be ***holes at work. Their teeny little brains* can't handle the idea of controlling their misogynistic impulses.

*Oh, did I say brains? I meant...whatevers.

CT-867-5309, solojones, Ghost and 2 others like this.
  25. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Didn't Gore supporters say the same thing in 2000?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.