main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The 2016 General Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Lol if u don't just ballotpedia that ****

Sepra likes this.
  2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

So you'll be done voting just in time for election day, then? :p

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I like how they deoranged Trump, and gave him Putin's torso instead of something realistic which the horse couldn't take, i.e. another 150kgs.

4. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    I just did that last night. That site is great.

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  5. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    This probably goes without saying, but I'm all in for Putin-Trump erotic fanfic.

6. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Dystopian, I suppose.

CT-867-5309 and Rylo Ken like this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    JoinTheSchwarz beat me to it on Facebook, but for everyone's pleasure here:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/wikileaks-hilary-clinton-progressives-230009

Reinforcing no one learned any lessons from 2008 - 2010 and letting the Russians dictate how far we can get liberal and progressive goals passed going forward!

My favorite bit in there was the tiff between the NNU (Nurses National United) vs. the AFT (American Federation of Teachers)... both subsidiaries of the AFL-CIO, but it's like bringing a knife to a gunfight. NNU is 165,000 people, AFT is 1.6 million people...

8. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016

[​IMG]

Ghost and Juliet316 like this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

I agree with this pic.

10. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I sent my ballot in today. Voted for a Democrat for President for the first time in my life. Good job, GOP.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Just curious, but what state are you voting in? (I'm just curious shifts in views for this election, not to pester you in particular :p )

12. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    United States of Germany?

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Spent a little time today re-watching the 2012 debates - really obvious how far our discourse has fallen in four years. After the first and third debate, the Romneys and Obamas did not run for the exits or their supporters in the crowd, but exchanged hugs with each others extended families, and spoke at length. Same with the Ryan and Biden families - they essentially acted like one big family at the end.

What is really telling, though, is what was said at the Al Smith Dinner. Gov. Romney said of President Obama, and I like how he phrased this - "Fortunately, we don't carry the burden of disliking one another. Our President has had some very fine and gracious moments..our 44th President has many gifts and a beautiful family that would make any man proud." Obama responded in kind, saying "I admire him very much as a family man and a father, and those titles will always mean more than any political ones. We may have different political perspectives, but I am certain that we share the hope that the next four years will reflect the same decency and same willingness to come together for a higher purpose as we do this evening."

I fundamentally disagreed with Mitt Romney on very many things, and am relieved that he was beaten in his attempt at the Presidency. I do hope that we return to a respectful discourse in 2020, though - it's embarrassing that we can't have it now.

14. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I believe the same as you.

15. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    I only just saw that "I'll accept it... if I win" announcement.
    Seems to me those analytical articles I read about Trump's mind were wrong. He's not just a narcissist. He's not just an egomaniac. He's not just a pervert.
    He's insane!

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Huh, okay that's interesting, thank you!

New York's last set of polling was only +24 (the lowest recent match was Bush/Kerry with Kerry +18) and most have been +30 or so -- so if everyone breaks Clinton (on average about 16% undecided, since no one bothers 4-person polls in NY usually) and enough of the large states either go very, VERY Clinton and/or closes the huge margins that have existed (TX)... Hillary may very well break 50%...

17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

So did we all of a sudden get more forgiving of not only his behavior in this election but his bragging about groping women without their permission? Screw that. They do not need to work together afterwords. I don't want Trump having anything to do with the government.

18. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

I got my ballot A few weeks ago, and it is finished and sent weeks ago I checked the Charlotte County Board Of Elections website they received my ballot on the 11th! I am a Progressive Liberal and can proudly say I voted Obama twice and this time obviously I voted for Hillary! They categorize me down here in Florida as a Non Party Affiliate, My parents are lifelong Democrats and Voted about a Week ago for Hillary they Checked the CCBOE website yesterday and there ballots were received by the office as well!!!

my sister registered to vote late so she cant vote absentee ballot but early voting starts I believe on Monday so she will go in person and vote for Hillary!

my neighbors are Democrats and there grandson Trent who lives with them and is studying to become a college professor, he is a Liberal that was going for Bernie but is now going for Hillary.

one more interesting thing of note is my brother in law who is a conservative and voted for W Bush twice and Romney, he is like one of the most conservative dudes I know and he is even voting Hillary! I could remember many a Sunday Dinner Argument that broke out between us in the past. he is one of these guys that hates the GOV and my Dad worked for the FDA most of his life till he retired so my family loves the Government, they gave us a House to live in, food on the table, clothes on us, and great Healthcare. And my Family loves the Smithsonian, Civil War Parks, and Wolftrap Center For The Performing Arts, my family loves National Parks!!!

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This is more than a bit tired. One can hold Russia accountable for their espionage and understand their motives in doing so. Ultimately, though, one can't spin all the responsibility away from Hillary Clinton on this.

By contrast, please recall that some years back conservatives hacked the Climate Research Unit's e-mails. However, after multiple prolonged investigations, no one ever found any evidence of wrong doing, because they hadn't actually manipulated any climate data. Likewise, Clinton herself as endured multiple stupid, unjust, in-depth investigations of the Benghazi incident. The Republicans have made it into a fishing expedition that really looked far beyond the scope needed for that one investigation. Despite all this probing, she's still been exonerated in every instance because fundamentally, nothing was done wrong here.

The same would be true in this case if Clinton had not spent a primary A)concealing her actual ideological preferences and B) having advisors express actual antipathy towards the groups that are offended. It's okay for someone not to like her. Own up to something for once in life.

Abadacus likes this.
  20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I like everything Hillary Clinton's said about people's ridiculous positions. So, yay accountability!

Also, I like that she's more liberal in private on a great many things and still doesn't get the due deserved.

Sepra likes this.
  21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think it's pretty safe to say that this was just being polite. If you'll recall, Pres. Obama had a "unity" lunch with Gov. Romney right after the election. All about trying to heal the country with optics, but the loser of the election wields zero influence after the election, at least within the government.

Mr. Trump will likely be too busy trying to make money off of this short-lived popularity.

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Well, he must tire of pleasuring his...ego sometime. :p

23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    That's what I usually check next. Mostly I wanted to sound studious by mentioning the official election guide is 220 pages long and I've read... Some of it :p

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  24. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Yet another person I'd rather vote for:
    [​IMG]

25. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Wasn't Bill Murray accused of spousal abuse?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.