main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The 2016 General Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37734628

And the quest to find rock bottom continues. Because it absolutely makes sense to attack one of the most popular political figures right now. And also, she happens to be a strong black woman unafraid to speak her mind about what Trump has said and done to women.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

This is just a bad headline... it's actually not as bad as the headline says, he was just referencing a comment she made back in 2007/8 which he thought was applied to Hillary... and it wasn't. But it wasn't actually attacking Michelle, which would be suicide since the WH already said they'd absolutely level him for the attack...

EDIT: Also, apparently no one's really covering the meat of Hillary's remarks at the Al Smith dinner, after the jokes:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto..._smith_dinner_was_hilarious_and_poignant.html

Ghost and GregMcP like this.
  4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    The article is way too drooly but that last line from Clinton, I admit, is beautiful.

Ghost, V-2 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have not early voted, have not decided whether I will or wait until Election Day since I am off work, but a lot of my friends have voted already, more than I remember going early in 2012.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The news appears to be that female early voting numbers are going to bury Trump.

[​IMG]

7. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    One can only hope.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

I predicted a long time ago that two demographics that will help Hillary are Hispanic and Women in particular soccer moms!

now Trump is picking on Michelle Obama, Michelle is one of THE most loved political figures in the country, and not just by Democrats and Liberals but by most good hearted people in this country whatever your political party. Michelle is one of the nicest sweetest women you are ever going to see or meet, always with a warm smile and encouraging words of wisdom! This Is a battle I don't think Trump can win...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

wow that's pretty amazing! im kind of good at predicting stuff too, though. for instance, i predicted the sky would be up today

Vaderize03, dp4m and SuperWatto like this.
  11. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

Please go with the option of early voting. If you get terribly sick or get in a car crash or there's a meteor strike on Nov. 8th, whatever, then you'll miss your chance to vote.

I can't remember the stat, but something like 10% of people who say they are certain to vote on election day don't end up voting at all because something unexpected comes up or things get too busy.

That's why the Democrat presidential campaigns push really hard for early voting. 4 years ago, Romney won general election day voting. It was Obama's huge lead in the early voting that won it for him.

"When Trump becomes President, I want to be able to tell my children that I did everything I could to stop him... Complacency is now our greatest enemy!"

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    ^ Like Obama's presidency didn't end racism, so too will Clinton's presidency not change how some men perceive women

13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    It's actually a term in American politics. I don't think Leoluca was being deliberately crude as he was using a widespread election season term: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer_mom

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I
    WANT
    MY
    FRIGGIN'
    STICKER!!!

[​IMG]

15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i sent in my mail-in ballot the other day, btw. notable races i was glad to vote in include sheriff (out out out, arpaio!!) and county recorder (that office really mucked up the primary voting this year)

16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

whats wrong with the term soccer mom? is it not PC? I fight for women's rights because sad but true men still rule this world, women should have the right to do anything a man can do even play in the NFL or MLB and the Government should not be telling women weather they can get an abortion neither should a man determine that, that is up to a woman and her doctor. although Obama's presidency did not end racism it was a step in the right direction, I believe America was the first country to elect an African American President in the western world, I think I saw that on MSNBC One night! and I am proud to say I am part of possibly voting in the first Woman president in our countries history!

17. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

I predict that Hillary will win 99.7% of the pro-Hillary voters, 100% if not for seniors accidentally voting for Pat Buchanan.

18. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I know this might sound crazy but many people in my family have psychic abilities, including me. my nephew who is part Blackfoot Native American he went to a Native American Sweat lodge with my sister and a friend of the family who is also part Native American, My nephew was told by a Native American Shaman that he had the abilities to see and talk to spirits, so like I said My family has many that are one with the force...

19. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Sweet Jesus, dude.

I know 2016 has been full of celebrity deaths, clown attacks, Alex Jones being taken seriously and orange people running for President but let's not make it any more surreal, OK?

No need for out of body experiences.

SuperWatto likes this.
  21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I registered as a permanent vote by mail voter recently because of a terrible experience I had in the primary.

Basically, my polling place, which must serve tens of thousands of people if not more, had about ten parking spots. Half of which I'm sure were taken up by the volunteers working there. It was in a small building at a local park, but a very small park right off of two major roads. So not only was there almost no parking, but there was also no legal street parking nearby.

Amazingly, this place may still be my polling place in November. No idea why. Previously when the location was a school or church, there was plenty of parking.

So essentially, after work I got there 20 minutes before polls closed, drove around ten minutes looking for parking, then had to give up. Tons of other people were doing the same.

Luckily that was a primary where the outcomes had already been decided. The only local ballot measure I wanted to vote against wound up being soundly defeated as well.

But yeah, imagine if that was in a major city in a swing state. Unacceptable.

Do they not hand those out at early voting? Our vote by mail ballots come with the stickers, which made me unreasonably happy.

Wow, when you put it that way, it really is surprising that America would be the first country to elect an American as President.

V-2 likes this.
  22. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    So now Trump says that after the election, he will sue the women who have accused him of sexual misconduct.

23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I said "AFRICAN" American or is that not PC as well...

24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    ...let's get back on topic

Ghost and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL.

Sorry reality ruins your stellar reputation, Donald.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.