main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election has begun

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I saw a phone interview of Trump on CNN last night. He really needs to stop coming up with dumb lazy ass excuses for his BS such as "the press misquoted me".

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    That's an ages-old thing. Certainly isn't exclusive to him.

He was elected at 29 and was 30 by the time he took office. His birthday is November 20, 1942.

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    People sometimes confuse eligible to run and eligible to hold office.

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  5. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    of course he's not stupid. he know's he has got to reach out and get hispanic votes. his brother did the same thing .

6. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Bush just won a small modicum of my respect back. He could have more by taking that paragraph to its logical conclusion and calling Trump a racist.

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm shocked Trump signed the pledge. I still fully expect him to throw a tantrum and run independent anyway when he loses the nomination, but still shocked he even did it.

8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    either that or if he loses try to make the nominee come to his tower and kiss his ring while bashing him on tv every day.

9. Ellen Joan Sparling

Ellen Joan Sparling Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2013
    Most of the GOP base is horrendously racist. The last time there was a high water Republican black vote in a Presidential election was JFK vs. Nixon. Never been that high since.

The Party of Lincoln throwing away the black vote was one of the most stupid things they ever did.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    So I'm as mortified by Marco Rubio's abortion position as the next guy, but I thought this was interesting today - he spoke about and praised Minecraft, and spoke about its real-world and educational benefits.

So far off of the beaten path of what candidates discuss - generally, when video games are involved, they're getting mercilessly bashed. Kudos to MR for taking this step and talking about something totally new.

anakinfansince1983 and Ghost like this.
  12. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
  13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    But you try and explain that to Sarah Palin.....

Admiral Volshe and Vaderize03 like this.
  14. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Lol. According to the article, she doesn't want to speak. Just chop. The wrong department.

It would be funny if it weren't so dangerous.

But hey, if being able to see Russia from your back yard gives you foreign policy chops, then I guess getting rid of the department in charge of America's nuclear capability should be a piece of cake.

Peace,

V-03

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006

"When you're here let's speak American."

16. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
  17. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Interesting. If the Democratic primaries were held today, they'd be the inverse of 2008, where an upstart took Iowa and the heir presumptive took New Hampshire. Now, it's the other way around. I wonder if Sanders benefits from some kind of New England, neighbor-state bonus?

18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    But this is only the beginning. I'd be wholly unsurprised if Bernie took both Iowa and New Hampshire. Hillary Clinton is a truly awful candidate.

Lord Vivec likes this.
  19. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    That's what I would guess it is just looking at things in NH. But when you start to look at the tightening in Iowa, essentially a lead halved in two months, is there more to this?

I'd like to see how Sanders is doing in those other early states besides the first two. If he starts doing well in those, it's lights out Hillary.

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think Nate Silver wrote an article a few months ago about how Bernie Sanders could win both Iowa and New Hampshire, but still lose the nomination by a landslide. Iowa and New Hampshire are among the "whitest" states in the nation, was the reasoning, if I remember correctly.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  21. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001

Winning Iowa and/or NH wouldn't happen in a vacuum. They would in turn set other things (and people) in motion. The particulars are unknown until they happen, but we can guess at them. It's possible that Sanders would gain increased support from minorities, for instance, or that Clinton's support in certain areas would erode, and so on.

Data is great and amazing and Silver is likewise. But, sometimes you've got to keep the unpredictable human factors in mind too.

22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

Investigate Planned Parenthood. "The persecution of religious liberty ENDS TODAY!" Repeal Obamacare. Destroy Common Core. Rebuild the military. Destroy the IRS. Destroy the EPA.

23. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    In other words, destroy America.

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Abadacus and VadersLaMent like this.
  25. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    [​IMG]