main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election has begun

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    You gotta be kidding me.

What's next, "Trump Tower Hunan Delights make the best General Tso's chicken ever! I love the Chinese!" (and General Tso's chicken isn't even authentic Chinese food).

The attack ads are writing themselves...

Chancellor_Ewok and ShaneP like this.
  2. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008

Oh, it gets even better--Trump Tower Grill doesn't even serve taco bowls. :p

[​IMG]

ShaneP and Chancellor_Ewok like this.
  3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Dear Bernie: Don't drop out.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Right now Bernie and Hillary have the unique chance to keep Trump in their crosshairs and take him down. And if both of them are serious about #nevertrump as well, that is what both candidates need to focus on.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  6. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    or maybe, ya know, one of those statements is more correct than the other

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

It's not. Thanks for playing.

8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Everyone but Paul Kruger is saying that Sanders should stay in. When's Paul gonna get an aneurysm?

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "We are not Denmark" (unspoken other half of the sentence, "...and I don't care") and the war-hawkishness make her not progressive.

Rew likes this.
  10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    [​IMG]

Kramer likes the Kung Pao!

Vaderize03 likes this.
  11. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, in a broader foreign policy context among the political spectrum, she is a war hawk. She is a Wilsonian-liberal interventionist.

12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    wrong

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Then Bernie's stances on guns and women make him not progressive either. See how it works?

Realistically, neither of those answers are correct -- they're both extreme. As always, the reality is somewhere in the middle.

Hillary is a left-wing moderate-liberal who is to Bernie Sanders' left on some things, with him on other things, and to Bernie Sanders' right on some things. This doesn't make her a Republican. Not even her hawkish tendencies -- one of the things I'm not thrilled about, but nowhere near as against as some of you are -- make her that way.

Vaderize03 likes this.
  14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    come on dp. to call her a cultural marxist or radical leftist is clearly absurd. the war-hawk label? not so much.

Darth Guy and Lord Vivec like this.
  15. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    We're all engaging in confirmation bias where our preferred candidates are concerned.

None of us are immune.

16. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

you actually believe the **** you type, dont you?

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Well, I don't think she's a neocon, so I object to the term war-hawk -- since I don't think she's going to actively lead us into massive war in the Middle East. But, let's take reality for a second -- many Sanders supporters are simply saying "she's not a Democrat" which is also as clearly absurd as the cultural Marxism label. And she is a radical leftist, so there's a quibble there, I guess.

She wants women to have full control and autonomy. She wants to repeal the Hyde Amendment in Congress. And she's made it a priority in her legislative priorities, unlike other Progressive men. That's radical leftism.

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    oh she's definitely a democrat. bernie is clearly the outlier, no argument here.

Rew and Rogue_Ten like this.
  19. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Rew and he still wants to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. :oops:[face_laugh]

20. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Yes, but again, if we are comparing Hillary to any democratic presidential candidate or actual president since Carter, and even comparatively to republicans, she is the most hawkish democratic presidential contender in a generation. The only one close would be perhaps the current president or some other guy named Clinton.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, she's a Democrat, but both the Democrats and the Republicans are center-right, the Republicans are just a little further right than the Democrats.

Which makes it frustrating that those of us on the left cannot find a mainstream candidate.

That said, her support of women's rights is the reason I am willing to give her my vote assuming she is the nominee, that and she is better than Trump.

Vaderize03 likes this.
  22. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008

Donald Trump even builds a wall around his Mexican food. :p

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Considering 72% of the US population is Conservative or Moderate -- this isn't surprising?

However, trending in your favor -- so we'll probably see it in our lifetimes. Also, I'm on the left too. :p Because I'm to your right, doesn't make me not-left.

EDIT: Forgot to source it for you. http://www.gallup.com/poll/180452/liberals-record-trail-conservatives.aspx

Well, less so than Biden (conceptually). So it's not entirely true, considering people wanted to draft Biden to run for some reason...

I mean, I'd bring up Webb but... he's Webb. :p

24. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008

I'm legit confused here. Didn't Bernie revise his stance on guns in recent years? And how is he even remotely not progressive on women? :confused:

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

That his restaurant doesn't even serve. [face_laugh]

Rew likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.