main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election has begun

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Yes!!! he can!!!

. '

Contractions fashion results in written traction.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  2. angrysithHerder

angrysithHerder Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 17, 2016
    No sorry I cant. I don't mean that rudely it's just too many bad habits to break and I'm sure I wouldn't be using them properly. My high school English teacher was the worst so blame them :D
    Plus I'm not on PC and the stupid auto correct on my phone is the WORST. So sorry not trying to offend or anger anyone. It is what it is

3. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Victim culture SJW! I will work on commas if you do the same with your and you're. :p

4. angrysithHerder

angrysithHerder Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 17, 2016
    Lol no promises :D

Edit: how do you bold part of someone's quote? Is that a pc feature and not something I can do on my phone?

5. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Just highlight the text you want to bold and hit the bold button. Are you using a specific app to view the boards or are you on a regular web browser? Because I'm on Android and am just using the Google Chrome browser and I can see all the buttons fine.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Right, it was a general observation about "a lot" of Trump supporters, but not you specifically. And it was inspired by that article that Ghost quoted.

Edit: And I didn't say "cartoon hitler"... not sure where that came from.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  9. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    I am actually genuinely surprised by this. Trump's more of a coward than I thought.

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    For real: does anyone else think if Hillary had announced a debate with John McCain in 2008 that blood wouldn't be streaming from the eyes of every liberal pundit in America?

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It was definitely a stupid, utterly pointless idea and it was never going to happen anyway. All it would have done is given Trump more legitimacy and the delusional segment of Sanders supporters a masturbation fantasy.

Rogue1-and-a-half and Rew like this.
  12. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    I would have thought that both would talk it up for a few days for the attention but never actually commit to anything and by dancing around it, it would eventually play itself out. I didn't think that Trump, with his ego, would outright bail.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    He was afraid, just too egotistical to admit it.

Darth-Lando and darth-sinister like this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Blogosphere roundup...

On Bernie eschewing Democrats then claiming they tried to roadblock him...

http://www.vox.com/2016/5/26/11782650/bernie-sanders-democratic-establishment

Trump raises 6 million in first victory fund joint fundraiser with the RNC...

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...rt-trump-raises-6-million-in-first-fundraiser

Sanders had a rough radio interview in California...

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...-heated-interview-with-california-radio-hosts

Sanders also earns a favorable comparison to William Jennings Bryant...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/27/is-bernie-sanders-our-william-jennings-bryan.html

... his supporters on the other hand fare less well...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/26/the-racist-side-of-bernie-sanders-supporters.html

16. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    That's William Jennings Bryan.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Damn autocorrect!

18. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
  19. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    How do we know that Bernie support among independents in states with open primaries is actual support and not conservatives deliberately trying to raise up a weak candidate to fail in the general?

20. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Now Rubio comes out in favor of Trump. Even Lindsey Graham sort of did. I don't get this at all. Who's next, Romney?

Why are these people not getting shamed out of the public eye?

21. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    They want to win, and they probably figure they can mold the agenda once Trump's in office.

Desperate people do desperate things, and the GOP is desperate to get complete control of Washington back.

22. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Every day I see a new flip-flop from some die hard conservative who had previously bloodied their own hands applauding things like the National Review takedown of Trump. The newfound party unity would be a wonder to behold if in fact it weren't so completely unsurprising.

Mitt Romney: the last holdout. But maybe they will exchange a hug at the convention.

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Trump...

"We're going to rescind all the job-destroying Obama Executive Actions including the Climate Action Plan and the Waters of the United States Rule,"

"We're gonna save the coal industry," he said. "And other industries threatened by Clinton's extremist agenda. And it is indeed an extremist agenda. Perhaps even worse than Obama. I'm going to ask trans-Canada to renew its permit application for the Keystone Pipeline."

"cancel the Paris climate agreement" and "stop all payments of the United States tax dollars to UN global warming programs." He also criticised the Endangered Species Act for being used to limit oil and gas operations and promised to "revoke policies that impose unwarranted restrictions on new drilling."

Interestingly, Trump recently applied for permission to erect coastal defences at his seaside golf resort in County Clare, Ireland. A permit application for the wall specifically refers to erosion caused by rising sea levels and extreme weather as a result of global warming. This is despite him calling it "pseudoscience," "********" and "a total hoax."

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  24. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Whoever wins, the US is extremely unlikely to take meaningful action on climate change in the short or medium term. The US needs a complete phase out of coal fired power, or a halving of US vehicle miles driven -- but incredibly difficult to achieve.

Nuclear could do it, but sourcing fuel rods would be an incredible challenge given China's plans.

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    So here's a question that I legit would love to know the answer to. For years and years, there's been political rhetoric, which Trump in particular has summed up, as "Make America Great Again." For those who support that rhetoric, here's what I really want to understand: In your estimation-

1) When was America great?
    2) What was it about that time that made America great?

And please, I want to hear this from supporters of this rhetoric, in their own words; not strawman version of the rhetoric from detractors.

Jedi Ben, EHT, Vaderize03 and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.