main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election has begun

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    During Live Aid

2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    So Trump denied that California has experienced a drought. It's just Obama manipulating the water supply.

If Trump is elected president, then every American will receive his or her own custom-made reality to live in.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    THANKS OBAMA.

'Murica, folks. Our GOP frontrunner gets his "news" from Alex Jones.

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    America was never great.

KnightWriter and Rylo Ken like this.
  5. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Sure, if you insist on taking into account the centuries of one group's systematic exclusion from, or forced participation in the things that helped make Amerixa great (world's biggest economy, relatively equal distribution of wealth).

But the idea that America has never been great for the African Americans living in it, in particular, seems uncontroversial.

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000

7. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    You really think you/re going to get a (straight) answer? :p

8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    this will be news to all the farmers in central california that are Republicans

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Ummmmmmm...

[​IMG]

Pretty sure this is in their belief wheelhouse...

Juliet316 and Rylo Ken like this.
  10. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    JediMerkurian: One could make the case that America was on the cusp of greatness at several junctures.

1. April 1865 - Early/Mid Reconstruction - Lincoln's Army and the abolitionists destroy the slave aristocracy, while the Radical Republicans and Black/White activists work to build a more egalitarian society.

2. 1933-1938 - FDR, the New Dealers and leftists establish a government that is, for the first time in its history, concerned with the welfare of its people.

3. December 1941 - April 1945 - FDR commits to the war against global fascism, seeks to forge a post-war vision of peace, with a Four Freedoms emphasis on human rights.

4. 1963 - 1965 - JFK secretly battles the Eisenhower-Dulles militarists, finally hitches his wagon to civil rights. King unleashes his army, exposing the horrors of apartheid. LBJ and the Great Society liberals ride the momentum and seek to wipe out poverty and apartheid.

5. Mid-70s - Nixon destroys himself. Vietnam and the Church Committee exposes the folly of Empire. Civil rights, feminism and environmentalism become mainstream.

None of these periods boast anything resembling a happy coda, but the promise was there.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

Yes, but if liberal pundits criticized Sanders, then it would just be more evidence that the system is rigged against Sanders. LOL.

Sepra likes this.
  12. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015

Make America Great Again!

SuperWatto likes this.
  13. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I'd rather have a thousand coal burning plants then 1 more nuclear power plant in this country.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  15. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Hey everyone, I participated!

I filled out and mailed my California primary ballot. As usual, I left the judge fields blank-- one, because I don't believe in a (directly) elected judiciary; two, making the electorate choose people to hold all these offices is impractical; three, most of the candidates are "tough on crime" prosecutors and district attorneys, so **** 'em. I haven't yet bothered to change my party registration so I voted for Sanders purely out of spite toward Pragmatism. I was expecting the California primary might actually matter for once, but alas. And I voted for this Peace and Freedom candidate for Senate. It was nice to actually have a choice in one field.

16. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

there having major droughts in Texas to, most Farmers have started to Believe in Global Warming as a real thing especially in the modern dust bowl era, I mean this is there Lively Hood how they make money they better be taking this serious and not blaming Obama. Al Gore warned of this with his Documentary An Inconvenient Truth back in the early 2000's The Gore Documentary Is available in the Free Movies on Xfinity On-Demand I would recommend it to anyone who can watch it. Just about everything that is going on with our earths weather that gore researched for the Documentary is coming to fruition ...

On a side note all this Clinton E-Mail stuff is ridiculous first off, tons of former Secretary of States have done the same including Colin Powel. this Is a Witch Hunt that Is only going on because Clinton Is running for President and Republicans are getting desperate for the upper hand now that Hillary has all but wrapped up the Nomination. Trump Is a Lying Evil Man who is bad for this Country, Hillary is a Decent honest Person I don't get why People don't Like her BILL CLINTON is not Running for President, Bill would be the equivalent of the First Lady so I guess the First Gentleman !!! :D

17. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    So then you want them appointed only?

18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes. I don't like the idea of all three branches being elected. Federal judges are appointed and until very recently it's worked (relatively) fine and probably better than it would be if they were elected. There's also the issue that the number of elected offices becomes overwhelming and it's not easy if not downright impossible to stay reasonably informed about all of them.

19. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    They are not having major droughts in Texas, at least not anymore. There was a period of drought about 2 years ago, but just about all water tables across the state have returned to normal (or higher). California is still getting creamed, but Texas is perfectly fine.
    LOL!! You must have watched about 10 seconds of the documentary to claim everything in it is coming to fruition.

We aren't seeing any increase in hurricanes, typhoons, tornadoes, wildfire or other meteorological events, despite Al Gore's fear mongering. Sure, we certainly have all those things, but with no more regularity than expected.

20. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

tell that to people in my state of Florida. how about the freezing cold temperatures in the north east like DC and New York and Boston one of the predicted things is an ice age, or what about the excessive heat in Australia, what about Sandy, and Katrina and Charley in my neck of the woods in Port Charlotte just to name a few. part of the reason I moved to Florida it seems to be getting colder and colder each winter where I used to live in Washington DC I couldn't take it any more, there is no denying the earths climate is changing, you ever here of THE NORTH ATLANTIC BLOB if not you should google it and TNAB is changing how Elnino works on earth...

22. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Can I borrow your Wormhole Generation Actuator? I've always wanted to visit a parallel universe.

Thanks.

EDIT: By the way, you forgot to mention heat. As in the fact that something like twelve of the hottest years on record have occured since the beginning of the 21st Century.

23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

you ever see the Documentary Tornado Alley, Tornadoes used to just be in Americas Heart Land now they are all over the eastern seaboard, ripping off roofs in North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania. a tornado just ravaged my neighborhood in Port Charlotte Florida in December not even the rainy season ripped tons of houses roofs off:(

as for Hurricanes, You ever here of Charley that ravaged Port Charlotte? how about Katrina or Sandy? not only are there more they are getting worse.

24. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

yea but how long have they been recording this stuff that is like complaining and saying not every president released there income taxes, INCOME TAXES DID NOT EXIST BEFORE WW-2...

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    So then, how exactly would any of the candidates actually bring about this greatness?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.