main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election has begun

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Considering that Kaine is a Senator from a "swing state," that's a strange argument.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Warren is 67-- there's no future for her as a presidential candidate.

Vaderize03 and Darth Nerdling like this.
  3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Don't tell me I don't understand citation smartypants. I do it for a living. And a reviewer has an obligation to properly cite a source in his review. Nerdling said it was someone named Martin. That is NOT proper citation.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

The state is safely Blue, since the governor is Democratic, appoints the replacement, and isn't up for reelection.

5. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I may have been premature in my disappointment in Kaine. Apparently he has a very solid anti-gun record, as well as some experience as a civil rights lawyer. [face_thinking]

6. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Oh wow. He's not anti-gun. He supports regulations on them. He's also pro-life.

edit: dp4m, 538 did an interpretation of the available data sets to arrive at their conclusion that she is liberal but isn't the primary source for it. I thought 538 did their own studies.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Yeah, he's a lot more liberal than people let on -- mostly because, in many cases, he either earlier was middle of the road and came around, or is Roman Catholic and personally is against things but rarely (IIRC) lets it get in the way of discharge of his duties or legislating. He's also staunchly anti-death penalty, I believe, which shores up at least one weakness on Hillary's side.

But I'm still not thrilled with the pick. His Spanish and Latino bona fides comes from missionary work, rather than being a native and experiencing those things first-hand. He's personally anti-abortion, despite his 100% NARAL rating, and as I said won't let it interfere with his belief that a woman should have body autonomy. The biggest thing is I think he's an abstinence-only education guy, which won't matter TOO much if he has nothing to do with HHS or the Surgeon General, but it's still annoying to me.

8. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Latino bona fides.

What about his gravitas?

Come on. I'm not hearing enough party lines.

edit: If he has nothing to do with HHS or Surgeon General…well he is the VP, the number two. Hillary seemed to think his views were important enough to elevate to her second.

9. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    The VP is second in line, but never (with the exception of Cheney) the President's "second."

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  11. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

So are you saying his viewpoints won't be considered on cabinet picks?

12. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I really don't know. I don't trust Clinton to pick a good cabinet anyway, so I'm not sure I care.

13. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Ok. Fair enough. I think it says a lot about how she intends to respond to all of the Sander's voters and the lefts issues going forward. Not much will change.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Was. Currently has a 100% voting record from Planned Parenthood.

15. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Being a Buddhist I am open to all kinds of things religions and such, I like that he is a Catholic but is somewhat pro-choice and is not preachy in any way and he is a family man! I just heard one of his Campaign speeches he did for Hillary in Cleveland he sounds supper nice and down to earth!:) I was actually baptized in to the Catholic Church when I was a baby by a very liberal Catholic Priest his name was Father Hicks, he tragically died while giving Sunday Mass, of a brain aneurysm, my dad was an alter boy under him and latter became really good friends with him he gets really choked up talking about him, he was a good man and person. not saying being Catholic or any religion for that matter makes you a good person but I respect people that do good things and are honest and kind hearted!

jp-30 likes this.
  16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Undecideds have to be the stupidest people on the planet

lol

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Well, they are Republican undecided, not Democrat undecided.

Sadly, all Trump had to do was not act like a bully that kept making up lies, to get Republicans think he is great.

"See thru Trump" doesn't work on most Republicans, for some reason.

18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    You know I want Trump to win just to show people that Democrats can't insult their way into winning elections.

19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Except, it would show people can insult their way into winning elections. That's how he won the primary. Or are we ignoring "Lying Ted", "Little Marco", "Pocahantas" and "Crooked Hillary" ?

So is it just ok if Trump does it but not Democrats?

20. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Trump has already insulted his way to the top so idk what you're saying.

But the Clintonites in this thread need a lesson in manners, and losing is the way to do it.

21. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Edit: That's such a disturbing thing to say that I don't really have anything to say here about it.

22. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I am with Yodaminch regarding Trump insulting more, Lord Vivec you just sound like you are making up a defense there that makes no sense at all!

23. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Take THAT America, now you'll learn to say please and thank you.

KnightWriter and Point Given like this.
  24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Say what you want about Clinton, she is not behaving on stage like someone who is ready to start a bar brawl or threatening to circumvent the First Amendment to sue journalists who criticize her. She is not encouraging people to beat other people up at her rallies and offering to pay their legal bills if they do.

She is also not getting endorsements from KKK members, considering the idea of registrations and concentration camps for Muslims, or threatening to force people to spy on their neighbors.

If Trump wins, America will have elected a narcissistic reality show star with a third grade vocabulary and a third grade mentality . We will be living in a country in which my children are more mature, better problem-solvers and less tantrum-prone than the President.

That's a hell of a lot scarier than electing a corporatist, which is what Clinton is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.