main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election has begun

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001

Makes sense that they would be prepared for it after four days, and for the most important speech of the convention.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I... might consider voting for Hillary Clinton instead of George H.W. Bush this cycle. This was a masterful convention.

Rylo Ken, solojones, Ghost and 2 others like this.
  3. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    Are you from an alternate universe? [face_hypnotized]

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hi, I don't think we've met. I'm Jello.

5. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001

She gave her version of H.W.'s speech tonight, discussing the accomplishments of the past 7.5 years and what still needs to happen going forward.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Right, so Gawker has it as the "No more war" people being drowned by the "Hillary!! Hillary!!" people -- and apparently some men -- and only men -- tried yelling out when she was first introduced, but were shushed down quickly and it didn't make the TV feed.

7. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Hopefully we can dodge the Trump bullet and get back to something near normal. I'll never look at your run of the mill Republican the same way again.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Also basically adopted H.W.'s competent foreign policy as well as old school patriotism and faith in America's founding hope and principles. There was very clear old school liberal Republican language during this entire RNC. I think the Democrats -- at the same time as they're charting a more progressive social justice platform than ever -- have essentially adopted the Eisenhower Republican mantle.

9. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    Pleased to meet you, Jello. I'm Ava.

I don't know much about politics, but I'm trying to learn. Sometimes I pop in here to post silly one liners because I can't bring much of value to the conversation. Lurking gets lonely. But thanks for having me!

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  10. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Leaving Republicans with not very much.

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    It was definitely one of her better speeches. And her admitting that she was always better at the service part over the public part was very good. She definitely tried to chip away at those trust issues and let people know who she is and who she is fighting for. I think she did as best she could and can't really ask for more than that.

But for the love of god, could no one have foreseen putting a glass of water on that podium?

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Absolutely! Stick around, feel free to share your point of view and learn. It gets a little boring sometimes since most of us have heard each other's opinions thousands of times over the years.

It was telling how many Republicans were jealous of Obama's speech last night, and how much they loved it. I think they just absolutely hate what their party has turned into. And I think they are starting to realize just how much it's their fault for playing the race card, or the doom and gloom card, or the POTUS must fail card.

13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I thought Erick Erickson's article was quite telling. He's a huge conservative

http://theresurgent.com/last-night-was-ridiculous/

14. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008

Yup.

Hopefully for their sake if Trump loses, they have their come to Jesus moment that the Democrats had in the late 80s and kick these people out. As much as I want to see the Democratic party advance and continue to pick up supporters, having one of the two major parties being pseudo white nationalist party isn't a good look for the country.

solojones and Darth Nerdling like this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, he sounds like he's killing himself saying it but he loved the speech nonetheless. That's the same sort of thing I heard all night from hardcore conservatives. "We don't like his record, but we love that speech."

16. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Less "psuedo," more "actual" at this point.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I just read the transcript of Clinton's speech and teared up.

I had forgotten about the It Takes a Village book. People had tantrums over that one, mostly people who hated public education.

18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.