main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards The 2017 Golden Yoda Awards Ceremony / Day Seven: Author Categories and Best All-Around

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Raissa Baiard, Apr 24, 2017.

1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Aw she's so pretty!

2. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Someone forgot to tell us that, in the Galactic Standard Calendar, it's the Year of the Space Cat :p

Congrats again divapilot and Mistress_Renata =D=

4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  5. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
  7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Watched the show from my mobile during my short lunch break before returning into the garden, the children and my colleagues.

Congratulations to @Ewok Poet and @divapilot!

And congratulations to @divapilot, @Findswoman, @Pandora, @Briannakin, @MandrinaQ, and @Mistress_Renata for being such great hosts.

I will not be able to follow the rest of the awards because I have no internet in the mountains.

But I am sure that the light side of the Force will win... :yoda:

8. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Congrats again to everyone. :D And liking the Dameron fashion show ... [face_laugh]

(Especially the use of the Apocalypse image. :p

9. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Another great skit, another amazing ad...I know Kess enjoyed it! I liked the "evil" touch, myself.

Someone needs to make this Fanon...the astrological calendar of some planet with different animals represent different cycles, and what sign you're born under determines your characteristics. People born in the Year of the Space Cat are creative and versatile!

RENATA, KESS and MEL are seated around the table, chatting as the show begins. KESS sinks down in her chair, blushing, as the ad for "Poe's Clothes" comes on, while MEL nudges her and smirks. And then the winners are announced...

MEL: ARE YOU KIDDING? WE WON AGAAAAAIIINN... (She leaps to her feet, ready to rush the stage, but KESS lunges for her, grabbing the back of her dress, and holding her fast)

KESS: (to RENATA) Go! Run!

RENATA: Huh?

KESS: I can't hold her much longer! (RENATA quickly makes it to the stage, in the sensible and comfortable low-heeled shoes)

RENATA: Wow! Um, I can only reiterate what Mel said earlier...thank you to all of our wonderful readers and to the FanFic community. I was gone for a long time, and I was a little nervous about coming back, since I figured I wouldn't know anyone and that there would be so many changes. Well, there were a few old faces, and a lot of new faces, and everyone was so welcoming...and there were a few changes, but most of them were positive. So I'm just glad to have a chance to be back among you all. Congratulations to Findswoman, whiskers and Kahara, for being recognized for your contributions. It's not a surprise, not only are you all great writers, but you're real assets to the community, commenting on stories, offering advice and suggestions in Writer's Resource... And to divapilot, more well-deserved recognition for a lot of great work this year (peers at the large mound of Ithorian orchids accumulating in the center of the hall). Are you okay in there? Send up a flare if you need help...

KESS is still trying to hold MEL back. There is a short, sharp sound, and then pearls are flying everywhere as the net overgown dissolves all over the floor. Underneath, MEL is in a strapless bodysuit dyed to match her flesh tone.

MEL: (annoyed) Aw, man!

KESS: Well, if you'd just sat back down, this wouldn't have happened.!

She and MEL are on their hands and knees, trying to gather the pearls when someone clears their throat.

MAYA (shyly): Um, maybe I could help?

KESS: (absently holds out an empty water glass) Thank you so much! Here, you can put the ones you find in here.

MAYA: Oh, I think I can do better than that. (She breathes deeply, focusing, and holds out her hand. Summoned by the Force, the tiny pearls begin to coalesce, rolling together from where they have been scattered, and rising into the air in a swirling ball, looking like a miniature model of the Galaxy. KESS grabs an empty sparkili bucket, dumps the melted ice into a water pitcher, and holds it out. The pearls drop into it. KESS and MEL are impressed)

KESS: You just saved us a few hours!

MEL: Thank you again, so much! (looking MAYA up and down). And you look amazing, that's a perfect color on you. Is that Charistin Drio's spring line?

MAYA: Who?

MEL: Charistin Drio, the designer.

MAYA: Oh, I don't really know. (indicates TIO) My droid got it for me. (KESS'S jaw drops open)

KESS: Your droid shopped for you? (looks at TIO with envy) All mine ever does is nag me about remembering to flush the plasma conduits in my X-wing!

MEL: Well, we really need to reward you, somehow. (flashes her father's smile) You wanna go to a party after this?

10. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

11. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Congratulations again to divapilot and Mistress_Renata! And congratulations to Findswoman, whiskers, and Kahara for fulfilling your civic duty so...dutifully ;) (wave flag of your choice here)
    ------------------------------
    Sabine and Mara wave when they see Maya at @Mistres_Renata's table.

"I love your dress!" Mara exclaims. "Do you know if it comes in green? You're going to the parties tonight, right? Mom forbid me to go to the Whyren's Reserve--she forbid DAD to go to the Whyren's party, even though he was invited--but she's letting me go to the "Enchantment Under the Sea" ball at the Gungan Consulate. You should come; it's going to be fun."

"Mara's got a date," Sabine teases. "But you can hang with me. The Gungans have this fabulous quenk jazz combo that's going to be playing."

"We should invite Doria, too," Mara says, indicating the other girl sitting next Ewok Poet. "We should introduce her to Luke; something tells me they'd hit it off." She waves at a young man at the next table, who's been watching her moonily all night. "Then maybe he'll leave me and Ezra alone..." she says under her breath. "How about it, Maya, Doria, do you want to come with us?"

12. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
  13. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Best wishes to divapilot, Mistress_Renata, Findswoman, whiskers and Kahara for providing a range of fics for every mood: adventuresome, humorous, romantic [face_love] ...
    and also to the the voting and noms champs *goes back to reread what this means*[face_blush] Alsoalso, that was one sweet manip, Kurisan!!!:eek:

14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I want to go to Poe's clothes!!

Congrats and great job to the nominees in these categories!!

Thank you and congrats to Findswoman, whiskers and Kahara on being nominating and voting champs!

And congratulation to Mistress_Renata and divapilot on your wins! =D= @};-

15. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Woohoo! Congratulations to Mistress_Renata and divapilot on your wonderful genre wins! =D= Congratulations to whiskers and Kahara for your wins as nominations and voting champions—that kind of participation is what keeps this community alive in all the best ways. I'm hugely honored to be alongside you in that category. And kudos as always to all who were nominated; there were some truly tough choices in these genre categories.

Gotta say I love the Poe's Clothes ad too—"menswear so sweet you’ll never get a borrowed piece back!"—that's priceless! [face_laugh] And I've been really loving the impromptu "counterskits" that people have been coming up with—especially now that they're starting to dovetail with each other in fun ways. Maya looks absolutely stunning and I'm sure she, Kess, and Mel will have a fantastic night out! :D

16. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
  17. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Congrats everyone!! :) Big thanks to all those who run the awards; you're doing a terrific job!!^:)^ Loved Poe's fashion show. :D

18. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    The 2017 Fan Fiction Awards is brought to you today by Ziippa Hut
    The image of a Twi'lek Jedi engaged in lightsaber combat appears on screen
    A Jedi's life is hard!​
    Dangerous missions, training.... it makes you tired!​
    But life isn't gonna stop, so what are you gonna do?​
    A fresh, hot ziippa from Ziippa Hut is just what you need!​
    The tasty combination of protein and carbohydrates will pick you up in no time!​
    You don't even need to leave the Temple!​
    Ziippa Hut delivers!​

Suddenly, static crackles across the holo-screen, and the Jedi is replaced by a stormtrooper
    A Stormtrooper's life is hard!​
    Dangerous missions, training.... it makes you tired!​
    But life isn't gonna stop, so what are you gonna do?​
    A fresh, hot ziippa from Ziippa Hut is just what you need!​
    The tasty combination of protein and carbohydrates will pick you up in no time!​
    You don't even need to leave your barracks!​
    Ziippa Hut delivers!​
    [​IMG]
    The curtain rises. Han Solo, dressed in his black pants, white shirt, and black open vest, enters from the left. His blaster rests on a thigh holster. A large hover dais slides in from the right. On it reclines the massive bulk of Jabba the Hutt. Salacious Crumb sits beside him and cackles.

HAN (to JABBA): Glad to see you made it to the awards, Your Immensity. But you’re not exactly one to miss a chance at an audience, are you?

JABBA’s voice is distorted and slightly delayed by the use of a universal translator, which translates his words from Huttese to Basic.

JABBA: Han, my boy, I’m very pleased to have been asked to present these awards. It has nothing to do with an audience. I have all the audience I need at my palace.

HAN (suspiciously): Oh, okay. So, you’re here out of the kindness of your slimy heart?

JABBA: Heh, Heh! Of course. I love this category. Characters! And oh, the characters I have come across in my day! Do you happen to have the list of the nominees?

HAN looks hurt by the implication.

HAN: Of course I do!

JABBA: Do any of them owe me money?

HAN takes a moment and shuffles through the names.

HAN: None of the nominated characters owe you money, Jabba.

JABBA: Do any of the awards volunteers owe me money?

HAN raises his eyebrow. He checks the names of the Fanfic awards volunteers.

HAN: I don’t think any of the volunteers – hold up, wait a minute – nope, they’re good. (He looks at Jabba.) Are you ready to begin?

JABBA: The great and magnificent Jabba the Hutt declares this part of the Fanfic Awards Ceremony to be open! You may begin.

HAN stares stonily at him for a minute.

HAN (deadpan): Thanks, Jabba. You’re far too kind.

JABBA chortles and the entire dais shakes. He reaches into a bowl, extracts a small squeaking rodent, and tosses it into his mouth with a smacking sound. Han cringes.

HAN: All right then. The first category is Best Interpretation of a Movie Character. The nominees are:

Kylo Ren in My Awakening by darth_treyvah
    Cliegg Lars in Tales from the Lars Homestead by gaarastar58
    C-3PO in The Wedding Trip by Hopefulwriter
    Sabé in Life Among the Ashes by taramidala
    Beru Whitesun Lars in Madonna Under the Suns by Vongchild

And the winner is.It's a tie! Cliegg Lars in Tales from the Lars Homestead by gaarastar58 and Beru Whitesun Lars in Madonna Under the Suns by Vongchild. Congratulations!

JABBA: Congratulations! I shall announce the next nominees and the winner. The next character category is Best Interpretation of an EU Character. The nominees are:

Winter Retrac Celchu in The Lonely Goddess by Briannakin
    Fives in The Face Behind the Helmet by CheckSix & gaarastar58
    Anakin Solo in Driving Lord Vader by frodogenic
    Mara Jade in We're the Same Here Always by leia
    Jacen Solo in Warrior Queen by SiouxFan

JABBA: And the winner is Winter Retrac Celchu in The Lonely Goddess by Briannakin. Congratulations!

JABBA looks over at HAN.

JABBA: This is amusing to me. I will continue to announce the list of the nominees and the winners.

HAN: No, Jabba. Check the rules. We take turns.

JABBA: I want to read the names. I am Jabba the Hutt, crime lord and ruler of the underbelly of Tatooine. As if Tatooine needed an underbelly. I will determine the rules.

HAN: Or what?

JABBA: I have metal bikinis in men’s sizes, too, you know.

HAN pauses, then steps aside.

HAN (sarcastically): Then go ahead, your royal mucous-ness. Read the names.

JABBA: Heh, heh, heh! Yes, the names! The next category is Best Development of a Game Character.

HAN (muttering): You’re a pretty gamey character yourself, Jabba. I can smell you from here.

JABBA looks offended as Salacious Crumb chatters angrily.

JABBA: As I was saying. The nominees are:

Female Revan/Katts Rzewanczkowski in The Prodigal Knight and the Tragic Cupcake by Findswoman
    Torian Cadera in Finding My Way Back by SabyneAmberle
    Starkiller in Whiskers' One-Shots : LucasArt Drabbles - Part 2 by whiskers
    Kyle Katarn in Dark Forces: Rogue Mission by whiskers
    Jan Ors in Dark Forces: Rogue Mission by whiskers

And the winner in this character category is Female Revan/Katts Rzewanczkowski in The Prodigal Knight and the Tragic Cupcake by Findswoman! Congratulations on your win!

HAN: Congratulations! Nice work.

JABBA: I am no longer amused. This has been extremely physically taxing. I will take a rest while you read the next category. After all, I’ve been working and you’ve only been hanging around.

JABBA starts to laugh hysterically at his own joke. HAN glares.

HAN: Laugh it up, slimeball.

The next category in characters is Best Original Character. The nominees are:

Kash Ferros in But One Hour Mine by divapilot
    Lil in Letters Never Sent by Ewok Poet
    Telfien Viurraanvi in The Book of Gand by Findswoman
    Master Forgo in The Broken Boy and the Blind Master by gaarastar58
    Mathilda Taafe in Something is shining like gold, but better by Pandora

And the winner of Best Original Character goes to Telfien Viurraanvi in The Book of Gand by Findswoman. Congratulations!

HAN turns toward JABBA, who is loudly snoring.

HAN: Hey Jabba! Wake up! This is your favorite category - -Best Villain!

JABBA: Wha.. huh? Villains? I love villains!

HAN: And to show you that there’s no hard feelings for turning me into a wall ornament, I’ll let you do the honors and read the nominees and the winner.

JABBA (suddenly wide awake): Give me the cards! Ah, villains! Let’s see who’s nominated.

Sheev Palpatine in Rage, rage against the dying of the light by AzureAngel2
    Aurra Sing in Word Gets Around by Briannakin
    Armitage Hux in Bad Romance by divapilot
    Roula of Pelayn in Midday Darkness // The Light is Me, I Am The Light by Ewok Poet

The winner of Best Villain goes to Armitage Hux in Bad Romance by divapilot. Well done!

HAN: Congratulations!

HAN: Well, congratulations to all the winners.

JABBA: Yes, this was very entertaining. Now where’s the lever?

HAN (confused): The lever?

JABBA: Yes, the lever. Aren’t the winners going to be fed to the rancor?

HAN (shakes his head in disbelief): No, Jabba. We don’t execute the winners.

JABBA (disappointed): Oh. Well, can we take them all to the Sarlac pit, where they will endure the torture of being digested slowly? I’ll let you drive the sail barge.

HAN: No, Jabba. Not that either. I think we have done all that we needed.

HAN turns back to face the audience.

HAN: Thank you for your participation in the Fanfic Awards, and congratulations again to all the nominees and to the winners!

JABBA: Yes! Let the celebration begin. Bring on the dancing girls! Start up the band!

HAN: There ya go. That's the spirit!

JABBA: And THEN we’ll throw everyone in the rancor pit.

HAN sighs.

The curtain falls.

Disclaimer: Translation services provided by Holoogle Translate 2.0.

ANNOUNCER: Please welcome the man with the dangerous dance moves, the main Mandalorian hiimself: BOBA FETT!

Ziippa Hut commercia by CowgirlJedi 1701
    Ziippa Hut logo by Raissa Baiard
    Ziippa Hut animation by Mr. Chyntuckopoulos
    Han and Jabba skit by Divapilot

19. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Another great skit! Loved the Ziipa Hutt commercial. I've got a plot bunny now, darn it!
    And Han and Jabba... [face_rofl] Too perfect! And SexyChewbacca from yesterday is, I think, my favorite so far! Have to give credit to the folks guy in the costume; it's not easy to wear, but he still had some MOVES!

RENATA is already seated at the table when KESS wanders in, wearing a short cocktail dress in a deep blue. KESS collapses into her seat, folds her arms on the table, and buries her head.

RENATA: Where's Mel?

KESS: Um...hotel, maybe?

RENATA: You don't know?

KESS: (yawns) Lost track of her at the Endor party. She was dancing with the Jedi girl, Maya? And the other one with the red hair... (yawns again) And then they all three went off together. And I was able to--(yawns)--'scuse me, able to congratulate Ewok Poet, but she was so surrounded by her people, I could only manage to --(yawns)--get a quick word. So I went along to the Whyren's party...

RENATA: Well, you're late! You missed the winners announcements! gaarastar58 and Vongchild tied for their stories of the Lars families.

KESS: Mmm-hmm. Read those. Great stories. (Puts her head down and closes her eyes)

RENATA: And Briannakin for that sad story of Winter, and Findswoman, of course!

KESS: (doesn't open her eyes) Love them.

RENATA: And divapilot for showing a truly creepy side of Hux! Totally deserves that win!

KESS: ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz...

RENATA: (shaking her head) And I thought Corellians could hold their whiskey. Although I suppose...She IS here! Now where is Mel? (looks around the room) For that matter, where's Maya? And Mara? (She looks over towards Raissa Baiard's table. MARA is missing. EZRA is sitting with his arms crossed, glaring around the room, and frequently checking the door). I hope they're okay!

KESS: (mumbling) It's Mel. They're fine.

20. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

21. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Kurisan, I do have to apologize; my MEL may have corrupted your MAYA (with help from TIO). She'll never be happy in those drab Jedi tunics again!

22. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    *srnks* Han and Jabba ... [face_laugh]

Congrats to all the winners. :)

23. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Congratulations to all winners and nominees for days five and six!

Metal bikinis for men, indeed. Jabba knows how to make a case!

Great photoshopping, @Kurisa . Flawless work.

24. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  25. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    MARA rushes in, her long green dress slightly disheveled. She looks unhappy. EZRA stands up when she reaches the table. "There you are! Where have you been?" they shout at each other at the same time. "Where have I been? Where have YOU been?"

Ezra frowns at her. "Sabine told me you went off with Mel and Maya."

"Yeah, to the ladies' 'fresher! I couldn't find you when we came back, and then...well, turns out the shrimp at the Gungan reception were not that good... I spent the night in the med droid clinic and had to take a cab back. The driver was a Squib who hardly spoke Basic and I wound up at this huge store called Galaxy Mart...and…" Now it's her turn to frown at him. "You really thought I was picking up guys with Mel, didn't you?"

"Um..." Ezra looks embarrassed.

Zeb leans over. "Would you two kiss and make up already so we can congratulate the winners?"
    --------------------------
    Congratulations to Findswoman, divapilot, gaarastar58, Vongchild, and Briannakin for creating some truly memorable characters =D= =D= =D=