main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 23rd Jedi Draft - Play Us Out, Max Rebo.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by heels1785 , Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I'm working but I should have something up tomorrow in the AM.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    So ... who gets to play Kevin Love for me, and which opponent offers the scrawny awkward white guy in the girly headband?

KenKenobi likes this.
  3. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Team battle

Well, judging from the last time I went to teams with Inty I’m not looking forward to this.

Just looking at the teams at a first glance we know Mace is the beast of both teams but I’d wager Vader could give him a run for his money. Mace’s biggest moment is against Darth Sidious but as Mika brought up before, that situation had particular unique circumstances that augmented his powers. I think with Darth Bane, a prepped Darth Plagueis along with Vader my top three outmatches my opponents. We’ve already seen Darth Bane over Galen Marek in this round. In terms of the rest of my team I think that I have an edge in raw power as well. Maul, Savage, Bolq and Desann/Taivon are all brawlers and take a lot of damage as well as dish it out. With Darth Wyyylork, Mother Talzin and Gethzerion, there is manipulation and Force techniques/Dark Side Sorcery that can help my bruisers on the battle field.

The Cohesion thing is obviously important and I believe the leadership within my group will provide the necessary cohesion. Vader, Plagueis, Bane, Talzin and Wyyyrlok have all led and are master tacticians and manipulators. You could even throw Maul into that mix as well with what we saw in TCW. During the fight I think that Maul and Savage augmented by Mother Talzin and Gethzerion would make a mess of those mid round Jedi Masters because as we've already seen in the films and TCW. For example, Qui-Gon Jinn, Adi Gallia and Halsey. Maul’s numerous battles with Obi-Wan, his defeat of Pre Vizla, Talzin’s fights with Mace, Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus, Savage’s battles with Darth Tyranus and Ventress and Gethzerion against a Pre Dark Empire Luke Skywalker also add to the feats of those four.

Nomi, Leia, and Ranciss don’t have the combat feats that I believe would make them extremely effective in this scenario. Tiin was always better as a pilot than a fighter so that makes four out of ten members of my opponent’s team at a disadvantage.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Mace Windu, Galen Marek, Rahm Kota, Asajj Ventress, Leia Organa Solo, Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura, Vodo-Siosk Baas, Nomi Sunrider, Thon, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Oppo Rancisis, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar vs. Darth Vader, Darth Bane, Darth Plagueis, Darth Maul, Darth Wyyrlok (III), Savage Opress, Sora Bulq, Tavion Axmis, Desann, Mother Talzin and Gethzerion.

Mace Windu > Darth Vader - Mace is just too powerful for Vader to handle. It would take someone on Sidious' level to take him down.
    Galen Marek = Darth Bane - Too close to call, but I still think Galen is more powerful. We've never seen him lose a fight, and I don't think Bane would be the one to change this.
    Rahm Kota < Darth Plagueis - Rahm just isn't on Plagueis' level.
    Asajj Ventress = Darth Maul - Too close to call, as they've both fought the same opponents and done just as well.
    Leia Organa Solo > Darth Wyyrlok (III) - Leia already showed how good she was with little training, being able to take down a fully trained Dark Jedi. She became even better after training.
    Kit Fisto/Aayla Secura > Savage Opress - Kit could probably beat him by himself. He beat Grievous without struggling at all and Obi-Wan called him one of the greatest Jedi of all time.
    Vodo-Siosk Baas > Sora Bulq - Vodo-Siosk was able to put up a fight against Exar Kun and even get the upper hand, where as Sora was overpowered by Mace quite easily.
    Nomi Sunrider/Thon > Tavion Axmis/Desann - I don't know much about Tavion and Desann, but they're both Dark Jedi, and we've seen what Nomi can do to them.
    Ki-Adi-Mundi/Oppo Rancisis < Mother Talzin - Talzin is too powerful for them to handle.
    Saesee Tiin/Agen Kolar < Gethzerion - Gethzerion is too powerful for them to handle.

This would be a very close fight, especially with the Nightsisters bringing that extra power to the bottom half of the opponent's team. I feel like I have better cohesion, as everyone, except for Ventress would work together without any trouble. Because of what Ventress has done, the other may not trust her straight away, but because she has turned to the light side and gained trust from Obi-Wan, they'd soon realise that she'd be a big help. Ventress also knows Maul, Savage and Talzin really well, and could give some great information to the team. Of course those three know Ventress, but that's only one person they know about, compared to three. Galen has also beaten Vader before, so he could take him down again while Mace deals with Bane.

My team also has fantastic battle meditation, as five can use it very well. Since I have three more competitors, Leia, Thon and Oppo could all start off using battle meditation, which would give my team a big advantage, and as the amount of opponents gets smaller, Vodo-Siosk and Nomi could use their battle meditation as well, giving my team and even bigger advantage over the remaining opponents.

5. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    1. Darth Bane is way too seasoned a fighter and his knowledge of the Force and the Dark Side far out weigh anything Galen Marek can come up with. That isn't as close imo. Man, I despise TFU, Galen taking Vader is such BS.

2. I don't think five members of your team are going to use battle meditation when their opponents are coming down on them. The examples of Battle Meditation we have usually include space and time to set up. That isn't happening here.

3. Ventress' knowledge is moot because everyone has prep and Darth Plagueis is already considered one of the best prepped characters.

4. As much as I appreciate the breakdown number by number, I think it doesn't apply in a battle situation when people face off with pre planned dance partners.

6. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Make mine Furio.

7. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  8. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    I think breakdowns individually, while by no means definitive, are beneficial if only because they allow us to really compare talent down the line, even if a team scrum won't necessarily feature isolated matchups like that. That said...

Mace < Vader
    Starkiller = Bane
    Kota < Plagueis
    Ventress > Maul
    Leia > Wyyrlok
    Fisto/Aayla > Savage
    Vodo < Sora
    Nomi/Thon < Tavion/Desann
    KiMundo/Oppo > Talzin
    Tiin/Kolar > Gethzerion

Again that top 3 is pretty brutal, and even spotting a Starkiller/Bane wash (I think Bane has solid stuff but suffers some lack of xp with major competition, where Galen is about the polar opposite) it's firmly in Furio's favor. After that it's Ventress + Leia and then a numbers game, which absolutely benefits Jordan against more one-off talent like Talzin/Gethzerion-- and does allow them some space to work BM in there, which I'm buying from Jordan's arg. My thoughts on Nomi/Thon are well known, and Vodo to boot, but Baas is a proven leader (improving Nomi's concentration and BM, notably) and I think his presence does benefit them, and allows by far their weakest players to still contribute in a meaningful way.

I wanna say there's potential for Ventress's presence to distract Vader, given their history, but the same holds for Mace and Sora-- as well as Vader to Starkiller, where I think Darth holds a distinct mental advantage.

Really great match, and thanks for the arguments. These are two solid teams that got better every time I looked at them.

What I think it comes down to is this-- Plagueis is gonna be, despite that I think he's been overrated, hard to account for. The attention he'd require from one of Jordan's heavier hitters or from a coordinated effort is gonna lead to mismatches elsewhere, and level off some of Jordan's best advantages re: numbers and battle meditation. Meanwhile I think Tavion/Desann are pretty underrated, Vader/Bane are gonna be wrecking balls together if they get any opening, and Jordan's best asset-- Windu going nuts with Vaapad, even moreso with some Leia support-- is negated somewhat by Sora's ability to identify what's going on and help attack it.

Throwdown for sure. I'm going Furio in a close one.

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    That would be three for Furio.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Furio takes it.

We're going to go one more round, and then playoffs. I'll try to get the next matchups up this evening.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Organa
    Point Given 3-2
    Mikaboshi 3-2
    Jordan1Kenobi 2-3
    Evil Incarnate 0-5
    Darth Tunes 0-5

Amidala
    Integral 5-0
    Furio 4-1
    TLI 3-2
    Skywalker 3-2
    Trimaj 2-3

Here we go. May be a few replays, but should give us a good indication before playoffs.

Darth Furio vs. Mikaboshi
    Darth Integral vs. Jordan1Kenobi
    Point Given vs. Skywalker
    TLI vs. Evil Incarnate
    Tunes vs. Trimaj

Battle will take place in the halls of the Naboo Royal Palace, Theed.

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Numbers in - and trying something new this time. Good luck, Jordan.

13. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Oh no. Mika. :oops:

Jedi Knight Fett and Mikaboshi like this.
  14. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    heels1785 How many teams making playoffs?

15. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm a bit curious about that myself.

I also find it amusing that TLI and I are tied at 3-2 each...which is the best on the other side. :p

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Everyone makes playoffs. Top 6 get first round bye, bottom 4 play a "play-in" round a la the NCAA Tournament.

17. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Numbers in

18. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Got mine in yesterday. Which is fortuitous since I was at work literally all day today.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    The only regular season softer than MLS

heels1785 likes this.
  20. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    #s are in.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Good good, that should be all of them. Matches coming tonight or tomorrow lunchtime.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  22. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    heels1785

Hey man, If you need a hand with this I'd gladly do it.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    ;)

Should be up tonight. Particularly long week, my apologies.

24. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Well I'm looking forward to it whenever it's up.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Naboo Royal Palace, Theed

First two numbers - 2 and 9!

Darth Furio vs. Mikaboshi
    Mother Talzin/Darth Maul vs. Arca Jeth (prep)
    Darth Vader vs. Yoda

Darth Integral vs. Jordan1Kenobi
    Mara Jade Skywalker/Ben Skywalker vs. Ki-Adi Mundi/Oppo Rancisis
    Jaina Solo vs. Kit Fisto/Aayla Secura

Point Given vs. Skywalker
    Lord Nyax vs. Jaden Korr (prep)
    Darth Caedus vs. Shaak Ti

TLI vs. Evil Incarnate
    Dass Jennir vs. Darth Traya
    Sarro Xaj/Raskta Lsu vs. Revan

Tunes vs. Trimaj
    Darth Tyranus vs. Darth Zannah