main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 23rd Jedi Draft - Play Us Out, Max Rebo.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by heels1785 , Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
  2. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    :anakin::bluesaber: :vader::redsaber:

They're ready.

KenKenobi likes this.
  3. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Alright, we'll call it a draw. Inty and Furio Co-Champs.

:p

5. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  6. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Chevy Chase: Ok, what the heck is going on here? I get out of AA in time for the last great battle and now there's nobody lighting their sabers or force choking anybody?
    Come on! I could have been at Wally World by now, WITH John Candy on the Screamin' Mimi! Praise Marty Moose! Where's the tylenol???

7. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    THERE WE GO, THE RETURN OF CHEVY

Stand by for update...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Mike Breen: And there we have it, the first set of matches for the final Finals match. Your thoughts, Jeff?

Jeff Van Gundy: Yeah two things Mike. One, Chevy Chase came back-- why is he even here? I'm serious. I know we're a long time ago in a galaxy far away and stuff, but he hasn't even been relevant since then. And two, that was a ridiculous long layover and I haven't even gotten a bathroom break.

Mike: Ho ho, okay now.

Jeff: I'm serious Mike. Did you get a bathroom break?

Mike: I'm afraid I didn't Jeff.

Jeff: Yeah well somebody needs to fix that. I'm serious.

Mike Breen: Let's take it down to the podium, where the Boon Dog is about to show the next set of matches.

Jeff: I bet that dog got a bathroom break Mike.

*the Boon Dog approaches the podium to raucous applause, and shows off...6, 4, 10!*

@DarthIntegral (1) vs. @Darth_Furio (3)

Jaina Solo vs. Darth Vader
    Zekk TRUMPED with Tahiri/Ikrit (forfeit) vs. Darth Plagueis (prepped)
    Anakin Skywalker vs. Darth Maul TRUMPED with Mother Talzin

Vader and Skywalker doing WORK. One's a forfeit and one we've already seen, so...The Chosen One vs. the trump, who y'all got?

CrazyOldHermit Yodaminch Darth-Horax PeterMayhew

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Make mine Ani. Talzin goes down easily and we know Obi-Wan can take down Maul. Anakin learning from him and being at his peak having fought the likes of Dooku and Ventress makes me think Anakin takes this one.

And to the other two to make it official: Vader, Plagueis.

10. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005

Jaina vs Vader. Worst. Draw. Ever.

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Seriously. Jaina drawing Vader in the third game of a best-of-three is like having your point guard blow out his knee in overtime of game 1 of the finals after having your power forward get his arm ripped out of his socket earlier in the playoffs.

KenKenobi and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Like that could ever happen.

Oh....

14. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    anakin
    plagueis
    vader

15. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    While we sit with bated breath, I am going to invoke something to pass our time.
    Instead of a jedi draft, I will list a bunch of fights to see who would win....this will be interesting:

1) Smaug vs the Balrog
    2) Azog the Defiler vs Lurtz
    3) Bard vs Boromir
    4) Bilbo vs Frodo
    5) Gimli vs Thorin Oakenshield
    6) Dain (the angry dwarf) vs Faramir
    7) Galadriel vs Celeborn
    8) Legolas vs Tauriel
    9) Aragorn vs Elrond
    10) Fili vs Kili

HAVE AT IT!

16. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    1. Oooh interesting. Really close I think. Edge to Balrog though.
    2. Azog (though could be influenced by location)
    3. Boromir
    4. Frodo
    5. Edge Thorin I suppose
    6. Faramir- I really like Dain II and if he gets close I think he wins, but I feel Faramir is too smart to allow that.
    7. Galadriel wrecks
    8. Legolas? I haven't seen Hobbit 3 so I'm not sure what Tauriel is capable of
    9. Elrond
    10. Edge Fili (slightly older, more experience)

17. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Obi-Wan Kenobi for all 10.

Final update tonight folks...

18. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Mike Breen: Big matches there Jeff, and big wins by the leaders on these teams.

Jeff Van Gundy: Are we not gonna talk about what happened though? I mean, let's just come out and say it, we just saw a guy kill his granddaughter to help his team and then that same guy help the other team by killing some other people. I mean am I crazy here, are we all crazy here, is that not what just happened?

Mike: You're not wrong, Jeff.

Jeff: Well great. Let's just get back to promoting Pepsi or whatever it is we're doing then. WHY ARE WE HERE?!

Mike: It's actually brought to you by Jawa Juice, from the Cloud City Cantina. "Jawa Juice-- Never made of Jawas, as far as you know."

Jeff: Why are we here. I'm serious, I'm being serious.

Mike: It's a good question Jeff but let's throw it down to the dog! We're in the homestretch here, and these should be the final matches!

*our esteemed dog host hops up to the podium and displays the final set of numbers...7, 9, 5!*

@DarthIntegral (2) vs. @Darth_Furio (5)

Ben Skywalker vs. Darth Wyyrlok III
    Anakin Solo vs. Mother Talzin TRUMPED with Darth Maul (forfeit)

And since one's a forfeit and I think Ben takes the other (open to args though, it's the Finals), this most likely comes down to...

[​IMG]

vs.

[​IMG]

Ahsoka Tano vs. Desann & Tavion

Does a piping hot Snips bring it home for her master and Inty? Or does a dino not named Thon play spoiler and cap the Furious Sith 2.0's magical (err, Force-ful?) run?

For all the wupuipi...

CrazyOldHermit Yodaminch Darth-Horax

19. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    For crying out loud.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Snips with a chance at redemption. Please, give me a chance to argue this one. It'll be no later than Monday, I promise

21. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I love Ahsoka but she's a padawan. Always was. I get the feats, but they're all feats of survival not winning. She loses against Pre Vizla and Grevous makes her run away. Desann is a dark Jedi trained by Luke, fought against Luke and Kyle and he's also got back up with someone he's in sync with. Tavion has also fought Kyle and Jaden Korr while starting up her own group of Dark Siders. She was powerful enough to lead them which says something. Desann led the remnant empire which is a show of power. I don't see how she wins the battle with Desann's brute strength, Force abilities, and his accomplished apprentice who is no slouch.

22. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    This is what it comes down to?
    How sad.

Well, with all that behind us, I would have to vote for Snips just because she was trained by Anakin and based on NOTHING else at all.
    That's not a lot to go on.

23. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    This may not be the swing vote because I'm not sure Ben received enough development to take down Wyyrlock. Args for both would be great.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Neither the trump nor Ahsoka have the "big win" feat that really helps in these kinds of arguments. They simply don't. What both have are "faced" and "lived to tell the tale" feats. And, there's not many who have as many of those as Snips. Dooku, Venteess, just to get us started. Hundreds and thousands of low level opponents at a time, for both survival and victory feats. So, numbers won't bother her. The only character who needs the odds told to them less often then Ahsoka is Han Solo.

She's faced multiple opponents. She's faced multiple lightsabers. She's faced multiple opponents with lightsabers. And she's lived to tell the next day.

I'm probably higher on Desann than anyone else who participates on drafts. I like him. But, has he shown, even with a partner, that he can do what Ventress and Dooku could not?

I think not.

Snips brings demonstrated agility, a necessary defense against multiple opponents. She's got higher skill with the blade - by far - than either opponent, as demonstrated by the rounds she goes with top shelf opponents. Neither of them sparred with Anakin Skywalker. She's crafty and resourceful, and thanks to the power of Mary Sue-ing, out thinks every opponent.

She's got the skills. The brains. The demonstrated multi opponent defense.

LeBron's game four triple against the Bulls. Not the biggest percentage shot. But boom.

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Ben vs, Wryylock - So I think because Ben is Luke's son, he seems to get a pass automatically at times when it comes to lower level sith. The thing is Wryylock is not what I would consider as low level. He did take down Krayt. He has been shown as a skilled opponent. Problem for Wryylock is he's better prepared. He's a schemer and a planner and he took out Krayt using the element of surprise as well as Krayt's weakened state. Peak Krayt absolutely destroyed Wryylock. As to Ben, he trained not just under Luke but Jacen as well. He's definitely shown to be a very skilled fighter and this is shown by how much Luke actually depends on Ben during their travels together. Ben is able to hold his own against a lot of opponents of varied skill and I think he would take out Wryylock mostly due to that edge.

So Ben.

Ahsoka vs Desann and Tavion.

I don't have much respect for Desann. Tavion is a different matter, but what it comes down to for me is that neither seemed to be a huge threat to Luke. In Outcast, a not fully trained Kyle takes out Desann. His training is maybe about the same as Ahsoka's by the time she leaves. So this puts these two on about even footing for me. However, we've seen Ahsoka take punishment and keep on going. We've seen her adapt in battle and outsmart her opponents. Her training under Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda and others is impressive and she is one of the most active jedi during the war. She's no slouch when it comes to holding her own against opponents that do outclass her. It's impressive that she survived a duel against Dooku even if it wasn't a victory. Likewise her ability to hold her own against Ventress, Grievous and her defeat of Aurra Sing are all pretty notable. The most impressive feat may be her trials on Kashyyyk and how she handled the trandoshan hunters. Taking that into account and how she has handled multiple opponents, my lean is that yes Ahsoka at her peak could defeat both Desann and Tavion. It would not be easy. But I see her winning more often then them.

So, Ahsoka. barely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.