main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE 24-HOUR ALL-WHINING ALL COMPLAINING BOARD!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Since it appear that there tends to be an excessive amount of whining going on at times... aka Lightsabers; costumes; actors who are appearing in places that are not considered "approrpiate", etc. It was decided by the Powers That Be to have a 24-hour all whining, all-complaining board.:D

So... there ya go. A place to whine, moan and complain without having to start whole new useless threads! ;)

2. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    *HUGE WHINY VOICE* I want to complain about all the complaining! :D

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003

4. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    I also want to whine and complain about people who hit Quote instead of Edit to fix a mistake! They should be banned from the boards! [face_shame_on_you]

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    [Whine]I'm 3 weeks behind on my physics homework, my calculus TA needs to learn English, and my great-Aunt's a bitch! :(

6. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy and there's no chooooooooooooooooooooooocolate at the ooooooooooooooffice!

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I'd like to whine about Sith landladies who have absolutely no emotions at all. But somehow, I can't stay angry at her, the anger just melts away in the face of the intense sadness. I just wish she'd reconsider. Or that this were much easier to do.

-end whine....for now

8. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I try not to whine here, because if I started I don't know where I'd stop, so many things have happened.

Besides, I'm trying to keep in mind the following:

1.) Bad things happen for a reason, it's life teaching you a lesson, or a test of your endurance and tenacity.

2.) Perfectly bad things happen to nice people and it's not Karma, just as the bumper sticker says, "Stuff happens". And yes this contradicts #1, but it helps when things get ugly to know it's not personal. As Marcus in B5 says, "I am comforted in the random cruelty of the universe"

3.) Sometimes you need a change but just don't know it, and it takes something bad to get you off your fanny, sit up and look around and say, "HEY, THIS BITES!".

Yeah, I know, it sounds preachy, but I've been listening to a pile of self improvement tapes on procrastination and "Rich Dad Poor Dad" on investing and handling and managing money, and some of it has actually sunk in a bit. And I've been taking a hard look at myself, which is a good thing to do, but never a lot of fun.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [Whines about snotty lab partner that treats the rest of us like we're idiots].

I want to [face_beatup] her. :p

10. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    (Rant) Four-hour marathon IEP meetings with Parents who hate each other and don't give a crap about the kid that needs the help! :mad:

11. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    (Tired whine).... Insomina!

12. LadyCieone

LadyCieone Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Okay, here we go. :)

/beginrant

I want to complain about a certain individual on another board who feels the need to make snarky comments about other people's weight. Since this individual is by no means a small person themselves, it's pretty hypocritical that this snarking is going on. It's just another attempt to stir up the mud on an issue that should have been long dead. It's time for this individual to grow up, get over it and move on with their life.

/endrant

13. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Bah, like what they say matters anyway.

I'm whining about the bozos at work who expect me to turn out a product next week that they are STILL redesigning.

Work on cables, they change those, so I work on panels, they change those, so I work on circuit cards, they change those.

I know, I know the quote from Star Trek about Engineers, but this is like the worst Dilbert cartoon ever, like design by the Marx Brothers or The Three Stooges or something.

I swear I'm gonna name the box the Nyuk Nyuk Test Panel and let THEM explain it to the customer.

Next thing you know, they will take away my red Swingline stapler and move me down to the boiler room.

Then I might REALLY have something to say...

14. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    *shorter, slightly happy whine* is it Friday yet? I'm trying to look on the bright side...the darkest day lies ahead. :(

15. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    WOOT! New episode of ER and Lost this week, Olypmics coming up, lots of good stuff to watch.

And Friday is indeed around the corner.

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *whine* Calculus SUCKS.

17. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    So does Stats!

18. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    COllege Math really SUCKS...... especially when you're are a literary based learner like me!!!

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It especially sucks when your high school was an idiot and never told you how important trigonometry would be in the future and never made you take it. [face_plain]

(you've heard right... I'm completely finished with general chemistry and in my last general calculus class without ever being taught trig. It's possible... but a pain in the arse.)

20. AniSkywalker06

AniSkywalker06 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2005
    BUT I WANTED TO GO TO TASHI STATION TO PICK UP SOME POWER CONVERTORS!!!

Anyway. I'm sick and tired of all the little Anime "Cosplayers" who think they invented dressing up and running around like idiots! We were first Gorramit!

21. AniSkywalker06

AniSkywalker06 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2005
    I HATE MY EARTHSCIENCE TEACHER, MR BRUNER!!!!!! We have a test tomorrow and he gave us a worksheet/packet and the poodu on the packet isn't even what he's been goign over! and it's not in the book!! *blarg* IT'S NOT FAIR!

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I just found out that my gorram physics professor won't LET me make up a quiz, even though I have my great-grandmother's FUNERAL as an excuse. So now I have to stay up all night studying for a physics quiz. [face_plain]

23. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Y'all hang in there, it will pay off later.

I'm stuck in neutral with the immenent move trying to figure out when I can go back to taking my online classes, what trips we'll be going on, etc. etc.

I want to be on the other side of all this, sitting in the new place unpacking and putting stuff away instead of packing up and wondering where and when. We've got a lot of work ahead, six years at this place, we're pretty settled in.

On the other hand, the guy in the cube next to me is talking to his insurance agent, "Yeah, I had a fire at my house last night..."

Life could be a LOT worse.

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    I understand, when my Dad died I had the Sith Professor from Hell in my Reports and Statistics class. I asked him if I could be TWO days late on my Term Paper because of losing Dad and preparing for the funeral. He told me, "Nope. Not my problem!" And then when I turned the paper in ON TIME and got it back a week later.. he handed it to me with the remark, "Well, you can see that your heart wasn't in it. You need to try harder next time." I stood in shock, and the rest of my class filed out and went immediately to file a complaint. They were stunned too. (On the Karma note..while he finished out this class...he was let go immediately after it was over.) So, Miana.. I completely understand! (hug)

25. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Seeewwww...you're complaining about THAT individual, ALSO on a totally different board? As in, doing the exact same thing? 'Kaaay... Go after her on her own board, if it bothers you that much!! If I were offended, I'd have the grapes to do it...also not small, myself.

I have to go back to yelling at short-track speed skating now.

The Parrot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.