main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE 24-HOUR ALL-WHINING ALL COMPLAINING BOARD!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    *hugs Kai* :(
    Send them some happy thoughts from me, Kai. There are evil people in this world. Unfortunately, they like to attack the nice, honest people we call friends and family. If the evil people would just attack one another and leave us out of it, they would kill each other and the world might be a better place....maybe.

Still searching for the good and hoping for the best from this dark world we live in.

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    I think Hawkie just put my exact thoughts into words better than I could. *HUGS HUGS HUGS* to you and your friends. It amazes me that people can be so cruel to each other. :mad: Just know that karma will come back to those that did this to your friends. And please, let them know that there our those of us out there, that even though we have never met them..still care. *hugs again to ALL of you*

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    What happened? I thought this was a go????

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    It was but they couldn't get enough stalls, shows, patricipants etc to fill it. Seems Star Wars was going to be represented well though with OCSWS, IEFF, Road Squadron & So Cal 501st.

Was looking forward to it too.

5. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Thank you. I will pass along the good wishes. They're both basically ok (if you can call black and blue, concussed, and otherwise injured "ok), but still reeling and who can blame them! I didn't realize before, but they were jumped by 5 or 6 guys! FIVE OR SIX! Holy (*$#*!

I'm still furious.

Thank you.

6. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Thanks, Master-K. They're both very grounded, cool people. I was just talking to my friend via email, and he's already working toward forgiving and moving on, while acknowledging how angry and scared the attack left him feeling. He's truly a very very special person. I'm just so grateful that they're both alive and will recover. It was horrible, but what terrifies me is knowing it so easily could have been much worse. It could have been fatal. I will pass along everyone's good wishes.

- Kai

7. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    You see...those evil people are cowards. It takes 5 or 6 to take on a couple of people not harming anyone, but just challenging the "norm".

Furious right alongside you, Kai. But I suppose we must forgive even the worst of people.
    Karma, Karma, Karma....dogmatic goo. :)

8. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I don't believe much in karma, if I did I'd wonder what the heck I did wrong the last time through that I desereve all the junk that I get.

Still those monsters will no doubt one day take on more than they can handle, and watch them turn on each other then. They may run with the pack, but they also prey on each other. I've yet to hear of someone who lead that sort of life who came out well.

Most are on TV Saturday nights, on America's Most Wanted.

We're still in shock about the Ben Lomond market thing.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/2006/September/23/local/stories/03local.htm

We used to shop there all the time, probably helped by both victim and alleged assaliant. You'd thing that in a small town community that you'd be safe from this.

It's still freaking us out a bit.

But Kai, convey our best hopes to your friends for a speedy recovery. And don't be surprised if they suffer some tramatic shock from this for some time and have it suddenly peak somewhere down the road, it takes a long, long time to feel comfortable and reasonably safe again after such a violation.

9. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    When I got off of work today, the small highway I have to cross over was packed, so hung a right and went down and under the overpass, so I could turn around and head back the way I needed to go home..As I came out from under the pass, I saw thick black smoke billowing upwards..then there was the small pickup truck, sitting on it's four wheels, but the entire top literally sheared off level with the bottom of the door windows. And by now the flames were a good 3-4 stories high.

Shocking and horrifying enough to see (they must have been literally seconds behind me). The road was blocked with people running toward the wreck so I didn't stop, but I couldn't help but wonder if it was the same little truck that had left my school just behind me and was also turning on to the highway. *shudder* That is going to be an image that will be haunting me forever..and I'm praying that it wasn't one of our families inside. (And praying for whomever WAS inside...):_|

10. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Maybe they got out before it burst into flame. One can only hope.

*HUG*

11. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Well, after talking to my friend, I suspect this truly was "just" a mugging. As opposed to a bashing. That was, if anything, merely a bonus (she said cynically). And, in fact, it appears those 5 or 6 guys got more than they bargained for in my friend and his partner...they eventually took off running.

HA!

Take that, cowards.

12. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Your observation about karma reminds me of the Babylon 5 quote about taking comfort in the unjustness of the universe...because otherwise you'd have to believe that somehow you deserved every bad thing that happened to you.

Ugh, just read the story about Ben Lomand. That is HORRIBLE. Just horrible. Sadly, no place is immune from violence. My heart goes out to the family. Good lord.

I will convey everybody's best wishes. Thank you. And no, I won't remotely be surprised if they suffer PTSD from this. I work in the domestic violence and rape crisis "biz" and teach women's self-defense. Sadly, I've seen a lot of the long-term after-effects of random violence. My only comfort is in knowing that my friends are strong people, smart people, and people who do understand how to ask for help when they need it. I have every faith they will come through this ok, eventually.

Thanks, everybody, for all the love and support. This is a good group. MTFBWY.

- Kai

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks, Kai..good to know that there are people like you out there to help those in need.

As to the other stuff

Ben Lemond..OMG I know Siri and I have been in that store many times, either going up or coming down the mountain. Still in shock over that one.

The crash yesterday, ... well it was a DUI that apparently crossed over the highway..and unfortuantely resulted in a double fatal..both himself and the truck I saw on fire. The person in the truck was one of the best friends of our secretary here. (Their daughters do Folklorico dancing together). :(. But, forwhat ever reason, the Force was watching over me.. apparently the driver that was hit was approximately 5 seconds behind me according to some of our students who saw it. A couple of people saw what was left of the silver small truck and thought it was me. it just makes you stop and wonder at it all...so having a strange day about "why?"

Just hugs to all of you...

14. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Oh my God... I am so sorry this happened to your friends. My heart and prayers go to them... And I send you a hug **wishing there was something I could do...***

@};-

15. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *hugs Master K*
    Here's one padawan who's incredibly grateful you were not the one involved in the accident. :(

16. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Wow, that's really really awful. Car accidents like that are just...so pointless, so sad. I'm very sorry to hear it.

But profoundly grateful you're ok.

17. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Yikes! DUI's are a major problem. People caught as DUI should get an automatic 10 year ban, if not longer.

18. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks all!!!!! Makes one stop and just truly appreciate the friends and things they have. MAJOR HUGS to all of you!!!!!

19. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Thanks, Siri. I know it will mean something to them that so many people are sending good wishes to them. :)

20. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Contractors should be thrown into a deep dark hole and denied food, light, and water, with an occasional assurance shouted at them that, "We're working on it, just be patient"

Maybe they would understand the concept of timely work then.

Just a thought.

21. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Heater went out in my classroom this morning. GODS ITS COLD!!!!!

22. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I've got -7 with wind chill - I'll trade ya!

And glad to hear you are ok M--K! That's really scary to think they were only 5 seconds behind you. Wow, someone was watching over you that day! *huggs* [:D] [:D] [:D]

23. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Generally I don't post here, I'm not sure it's a good idea to vent every little thing that bothers me.

And the big things are not generally things I like to dwell upon publically.

However,

I will say that I find medical billing and medical insurance to be one of the biggest sources of stress, which is ironic...

Doc: So what are you here for today

Patient: Various stress related problems caused by your billing department

Doc: Well, let's send you for a CT scan, an MRI, send a buffoon to poke you a dozen times in an effort to draw blood, get Xrays, and keep you cooling your heels for another 12 hours and then send you home with some pain meds and no real diagnosis other than telling you that your problems are likely stress related, and in a few weeks you'll get your whopping bill and have to go back and forth like a ping pong ball in a tournament between your insurance company and our billing office for weeks sorting it all out.

Patient: Wow, that's much better *glowers*

Doc: See you next week *waves and drives off in his Mercedes*

The miracle of modern medicine.

24. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *WHINE*
    Car is dying, do I have time to go get a new one? Do I have money for a new one? No, not so much.
    Work is stressful, roommate is stressful (she's even more overworked than I am).
    Hawk is stressful. Don't get me wrong, love my hawk, can't wait to fly her, but do I have time during the week? Not so much.

I haven't even done any Christmas shopping or decorating and family is coming up next week!!! Someone help me...give me more hours in the day and more days in my weekend.

*hits head on desk* Ow.

25. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Two words: Gift. Cards. Saved my life for a couple of people...

MCP
    Caryn B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.