main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE 24-HOUR ALL-WHINING ALL COMPLAINING BOARD!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    *sigh* as if today couldn't get any better.
    I'm fighting dizziness that is hitting in waves every few minutes. Not sure why, but this happens every now and then. Usually means I'm overstressed, underfed, and under-rested. Yay for mild hypoglycemia.

I told my supervisor to check and see if my car is still in the lot after quitting time, if it is it means I've probably passed out somewhere or am curled in the fetal position unable to stand.

2. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Oh oh, that is not good. Can you call a doctor? Can someone help you get there? Please take care of yourself. It seems my mothering mod is turn on again... just tell me to turn it off, if you don't need it. [:D]

3. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm okay, Siri. Thank you for being concerned! [:D]
    I had lunch and a soda and I am much better.

4. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Np. Mothering Mod turned off..... click!

5. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Oh goody...now I've even got my "potential" boyfriend worried about me.
    He told me to keep a tootsie roll or something in my purse. It's nice to know I'm loved and that people are worrying about me.
    [:D] You're truly my Ohana.

6. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    So does anyone know how to get out a rather deeply embeded splinter out of a finger? A little bit came out, I dug at it with a straight pin until I couldn't poke at my finger any more, I put hydrogen peroxide on it. And...some of it is still there. It doesn't actually hurt at all and it's really small but I'd rather it not get like infected or anything.
    I hate our side gate..and taking out the trash...it was all their fault :(

7. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    ouch, i used to pull the thing out of a biro pen and use that, pushin it against the skin and the splinter would come out and go into the tube of the pen. easier to show than describe though!

8. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Give it some time. It should work it's way towards the surface and then you can gently use tweezers or even a fingernail to encourage it out. Don't dig a hole in your finger, that'll be a slow heal (speaking from experience here).

9. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I think I'm going to have to do the wait it out approach. I now can't tell the difference between the splinter and possible blood under the skin surface.
    At least it doesn't hurt or this would really be horrible :(

10. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Sometimes it's the sheer frustration of having a splinter that is the worst. "It doesn't hurt but darn it I want it out!!!" :D

current whine: is it lunch time yet????

11. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Another splinter removal for not quite as deeply embedded ones... put white glue over the splinter..and when it dries, you pull it off and the splinter comes with it!!!

As for the major whine of today...

STATE TESTING!! I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE PEOPLE THAT DECIDED THAT SPECIAL ED KIDS NEED TO TAKE THESE THINGS COME INTO MY CLASSROOM AND LET THEM HAVE A CHILD (OR AS TODAY..A NUMBER OF KIDS) HANG ON TO YOU AND SOB AND SAY HOW STUPID THEY FEEL!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

And then there is me, wanting to cry right along with them cause I feel so helpless and frustrated for them....

ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! *head bang* *head bang* *head bang*

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005

13. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Ooh..good idea with the white glue, Master K. :D

I feel for those poor kids. Luckily, I gradumacated before they put those into effect, so I missed out on most of that. I think we had one year where we did it but it wasn't counted yet, they were still figuring it out. I agree that Special Needs kids shouldn't have to do it...they are dealing with more than just the usual "kid-type" issues. :(

14. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003

15. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    All I have to do is get my one through trimester grading testing and I hate it. I can't imagine getting a whole class through it all. I do feel for you.

16. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    THANKS..considering I have 1st - 8th in my classroom...it can really get hectic during testing times.. [face_hypnotized]

17. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Wow! All I have is my one kindergartner at the moment

18. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Trade ya!!!! ;) :D

19. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I don't know...my one kindergartner can add up to quite the large sum when given the chance to ;)

20. LadyCieone

LadyCieone Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    How the Heck Did THAT Get There? or The Saga of the 9cm Kidney Stone

Yes, more health woes for me. :_|

I have just spent a little over a week battling a 9cm kidney stone, and for those of you who haven't had kidney stones, count yourselves lucky.

This is my second, and really, it's okay if I never have another. Really. Honestly. Seriously.

It started last week when I got twinges in my right lower flank. Having had a stone before, I kind of knew what it was, but pretended that it was nothing and that it would pass. No such luck.

Finally, I ended up at the ER and after several hours of sitting in the waiting room and being unable to find a comfortable position, they FINALLY took me back to a room. After the nurse blew out 3 of my veins trying to find one for an IV, they finally ended up giving me Phenergan (anti-nausea) and Dilaudid (anti-pain) IM. They took a catscan, and told me to follow up with my regular doctor the next day.

So I went to my doctor the next day, feeling like crud. She took one look at my catscan (Kaiser has all that stuff on computer now, dontcha know) and said "You're going to see the urologist RIGHT NOW" and hustled me off to the urology department. The urologist looked at the scan and said "I'm going to admit you so we can do a procedure to rid you of that stone." I was rather surprised as the ER hadn't seemed too worried about it, but when I finally saw the scan, I could see why everyone was so concerned. It looked like a very sharp and ragged 1/2 inch boulder trying to fit through a 1/4 inch pipe (felt like it too).

So the urologist calls over to the hospital and finds out that there are no beds, and sends me home with pain meds to "tough it out". Well, later that night, I ended up back in the ER [face_sick] and was finally admitted to the hospital from there. My procedure was scheduled for the next day.

By the following morning, I hadn't eaten anything (well, anything I could keep down anyways) in about 18 hours, and I'm diabetic and supposed to eat regularly. They kept telling me that my surgery was going to happen at 10 a.m. ... 12 p.m. ... 2 p.m. ... the time kept slipping by and finally at 3:30, I told the nurse "You tell them that if they don't get me in there by 4:30, they can reschedule this procedure for tomorrow and FEED ME!" I guess that lit a fire because by 4:35 I was being wheeled down to the OR and had the procedure done, after which I was sent home.

Part of the procedure is having a stent put in, which is meant to keep the pipes open and let the pieces of stone (they'd had to chase it up into the kidney to laser it into little fragments) pass through. Well, the stent was almost more uncomfortable than the stone had been. I suffered with that thing for days, ending up in the ER AGAIN Saturday night in EXTREME discomfort, where they did their usual thing of giving me pain and anti-nausea meds (blowing out yet another vein in the process).

On Sunday, I had yet another joyful side-effect of the stent, the joy of ... well ... having to go to the bathroom ALL THE TIME. And I don't mean every five minutes, I mean CONSTANTLY.

On Monday morning, I called the urology department and got the blasted thing removed that afternoon. I was much more comfortable and felt pretty good until about halfway through dinner when my left flank started to hurt. And it hurt a lot. We went home and I took my pain and anti-nausea meds, neither of which I kept down long enough to work[face_sick] . After reviewing my entire meal, I ended up back at the ER once again (they're going to name a room after me) and got an IV (this time in my foot, no joke) for pain and nausea meds and another catscan which revealed yet ANOTHER kidney stone (or maybe a remnant of the original) which was making it's merry way down the tubes.

*sigh*:rolleyes:

All this and less than 2 weeks to go until CIV. And I still haven't gotten my membership yet, but Sid has. Never mind that we sent our stuff in the same envelope and that K comes before M. *grumble*:confused:

/

21. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Yikes! I pray I never get one of them. [face_sick]

Darn Docs get less reliable every year.

22. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Oh dear...never had them, but friends who have had kidney stones tell me they're just about as painful as pain gets. I'm so sorry. I second the motion that you never have another one EVER AGAIN.

- Kai

23. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    *HUGS FOR CIEONE!!*

I spoke with DLS a couple of days ago and he told me all about everything you went through. Glad your feeling a bit better..but OMG that is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. I am so sorry you went through this.

As for the membership badges...Mine came the first part of the week..still waiting for Siri's.

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    GODS!!! Is it Friday yet???

25. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    It'd better not be, I have a load of armor-work to do before the weekend.

But yes, I know what you mean...

- Kai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.