main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE 24-HOUR ALL-WHINING ALL COMPLAINING BOARD!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGG!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

okay...got that out of my system.
    Back to your regularly scheduled madness.

2. LadyCieone

LadyCieone Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Well, it's official. I went to see the orthopaedist yesterday and I will be needing a total knee replacement eventually. They're hesitant to do one on me at this point because of my age (first time in a long time I've been "too young" for something) and because I need to lose more weight. I'm a little under halfway there with the weight loss.

So they injected me with some cortisone in my knee (Sid watched and his face looked like this: [face_sick]). It hurt, but not as bad as it could have (maybe I'm just getting used to needles *sigh*) and hopefully, it will give me some relief. I'll say (guardedly) that my knee doesn't hurt as badly today and it felt GREAT yesterday after the injection, because it was full of novacaine! It felt so weird to be without pain in that knee since it's been painful for so long. You never really realize how much chronic pain hurts until it's gone, I guess. Hopefully the cortisone injections will be useful to me and will help me be a little more active and mobile until I do get the knee replacement. [face_praying] If they work for me, I can get one every four months.

Man, I want to talk to whoever is responsible for my warranty running out! :mad:

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeowch, Mrs. Sid. It seems a lot of people I know are having knee troubles. :( A friend of mine has already had both replaced with cadavers. *shudders*

[face_praying] Please let me knees be good to me and I promise to be good to them. (Okay, so I do a heck of a lot of bending and squatting at work and I just started English riding....but I'll try to remember to stretch!)

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Edited Due to On-Going Trolls!

Cieone,

We will talk in person at the meeting. Just know that I'm so sorry your going through this.

*HUGS*

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Food poisoning...enough said. [face_sick]

6. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    /\ Been there done that...
    Feel better soon [:D]

7. CassilaSanar

CassilaSanar Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm gonna whine cuz I'm a mildly over-whelmed idiot. I'm tired of being a mildly over-whelmed idiot. Mind you, I'm only a mildly over-whelmed idiot cuz I have a family that includes an autistic adult, a daughter with depression problems, a spare daughter, and a husband with whom I don't spend anywhere near enough quality time. My time gets soaked up getting girls and son to school and/or work and/or doctor appointments. My evenings are decent when I can play on LotRO with the hubby (who does not play SWG anymore, dammit) but he's got a favorite toon who's much higher level than mine now, along with most of our in-game friends. SWG is good but I'm getting yelled at cuz I'm not spending enuf time with the guild, cuz I'm either not on or RP'ing. The RP'ing is good (okay, I'm an addict) and I love writing up the RP later, but then I don't get much of anything else done. Throw in doing some freebie sewing work for a community theater production of "South Pacific," along with a fixing a bathroom on the fritz, and I'm feeling somewhat over-whelmed.

Yeah, I'm over-whelmed. And I missed the weekend this weekend cuz I was busy with life. And I'm creebing cuz I'm sad about missing the weekend. Dang.

Okay, looking forward to reading the report about the weekend. Now, if I can just remember to get onto this board once in a while and not think of it while I'm driving. (I think of everything I need to do get done while driving places, then get caught in the immediacy of the house when I get back and so forget everything I thought of while driving. Don't believe me? You try being a hausfrau!) Hope it's a good weekend! Really!

8. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    Had a great weekend up in the mountains with friends.... so why the posting here????

On the way back down the mountain, when I'm driving about 50 mph, without warning......

My driver's side front window IMPLODES!!! Yes, folks IMPLODES!!! MY NEW TRUCK!!!!

I have window glass all over me, I'm freaking out cause it scared me so bad, but I managed to control the Durango, his name is Abrams, and get him to the side of the road, get the hazards turned on, and COMPLETELY FELL APART!!!! When I stopped crying from fear, and shaking from the adrenaline surge, my husband and I got the glass cleaned out of the front seat and floorboards, then spent the next 1 1/2 hours returning to Denver with blowing HOT air in the truck.

We figured that a rock from the west bound traffic took a ballistic trajectory and hit the glass, causing the implosion.

The good news, the window will be replaced tomorrow morning, and it only costs $180, and they can do it while I'm at work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.