THE 24-HOUR ALL-WHINING ALL COMPLAINING BOARD!

Discussion in 'Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Sock Puppets ...enough said!

2. GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmmmm..... LadyCieone never said this other person was a female, parrot...... do you know something the rest of us don't????

On the other hand..... As much as I am doing better at school... life would be much better if I had a F*&%ing JOB!!!!!!

I had one before I started school, but they decided that my dropping to part-time and requesting nights and weekends off for school was too much of a pain for them... (A@#wipes!!!!)

Still.... at least my math grade is improving.... slowly, but improving nonetheless!
  3. mrcottonsparrot Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, I hate the word "cosplay." It's like "playdate". Ugggh. Why do people have to make up some kind of PC_mommie word for everything?

The Parrot
  4. mrcottonsparrot Jedi Knight

star 2
    Um, I guess I know about guys who want the ladies to be attracted to them -- I have *NEVER* heard a *man* sound off about someone *else* sounding-off publicly about someone's weight, at least not in fandom, where I've found most men would rather die than make a woman mad at them. But I have indeed heard *lots* of women, in fandom and in real life, a) be publicly snarky about someone else's weight, and b) be snarky about someone *else* being snarky about it.

However, I am of course also ASSUMING that LadyCieone *is indeed* an actual lady(and/or female). Finally, since the ONLY post I could find, on any other board, recently that included anything like weight-snarking was by someone who has ALREADY IDENTIFIED herself to me AS a woman, well, it didn't exactly take Sherlock Holmes.

Unless there's ANOTHER post somewhere, which I'd be just as glad to read and comment upon.

I'm going back to watching the Olympics now.

The Parrot
  5. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4

You seem a little obsessed about something that does not seem to be in any way connected with you, Parrot.

*blinks*

Why?

Soooo like what's your interest in all this?

Is your intent in posting about this to defend or justify someone's inappropriate comments?

*blinks*

Hmmm.

And are you really a parrot? I mean, ASSUMING you are who you say you are...I mean you could be just a chicken in parrots clothing, a bird of a different foul, so to speak.

:LOL:

The only point I got from Cieone is that people should be nice to others and should not go out of their way to be nasty, and if you take offense at that, then you just don't get this place or us.

We're a bunch of fun people gathered to have fun together! It's not a contest, we're not out to prove ourselves better or wiser or stronger or more talented than anyone. We are who we are, and have no one to impress, it's not our bag.

This is intended to be a fun place to hang out with friends who dig Star Wars.

There are always people who envy that and will try to tear us down, to try to make us look bad, in an effort to make themselves feel better about themselves or settle some petty personal affront they feel. We know the types, have had to deal with them in fandom for decades.

Frankly, they don't matter to us, in their words and actions they show themselves as they truly are. The only ones they impress are those just like them or those they can fool for a while until they show their true colors, which usually don't take long.

We're not into any of that.

If that is what you are into, theeeen maybe you'd be happier elsewhere.

This is the place to hang out and surf all things Star Wars, riding the waves, squishing the sand between our toes, and watching the colors of the sun dance on the water.

You're welcome to swim here, but don't pee in the pool, or kick sand in anyone's face.

Okeyday?

*stuffs Jar Jar back into his jams*

Damn frog keeps wriggling out of them, ew.

6. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Weeellll..in PoC...Mr. Cotton's Parrot spoke for Mr. Cotton cause he wasn't able to speak for himself... "Well,, all in all , we think that means 'Yes.'"

Just something that was pointed out to me yesterday ....

"Things that make you go...hmmmmmmm!"
  7. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    I edited the comments to describe our "operating practices" so to speak, Master K. You on the same page?

I mean, no egos here, no one really in charge, or declaring they are in charge, we're kind of a committee...

*waits for Leia to chime in*

8. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL.. was just going to Post.." Well said, Sid!" Agree 100% with what you said. (Of course, Leia WILL chime in at some point! LOL Probably as soon as she gets off of work today... "I am NOT a committee!"

Yup, we are hear to have fun. Don't swoop in, pee in our pool and fly back out. It's nasty, and then we have to clean the pool. We have basic committee of four that started this thing, but other members have just as much of a say in what we all do. No dictators (Sorry, Sid! LOL [face_laugh])..just a group of people who want to have fun. As for who is better than who... don't give a parrot's dump on that one. Or what actor is doing what ... (hey I should make THEIR money). Or when you try to complement someone on something they did..they don't take it in the true spirit of "Congratulations," but have to turn it into an Ego Boo) Or even really snide, snarky, twisted and emotionally sick Condolence card that was received at the most difficult time of my and my sister's life from someone who really doesn't get the true meaning of SW fandome and family.
    Sid is right, perhaps you are much much too obsessed with things that do not concern you...or if they do...we don't care!!!! This is a place for running on the beach, playing in the sand, riding the waves, cruising the boardwalk ... eating our favorite food...(ummmm East Indian.."Homer Simpson Drool") and FRIENDSHIP and SUPPORT!

This whole thing of our Monty Python and Santa Cruz in the '60's is not for everyone. Nor should it be. Some FF's are Dead-On-Serious, some FF's are very "professional" and formal in the way they are run, somes focus is upon costuming and some is on charities and, some tend to take themselves way way too seriously. But each and every FF has their place in the universe, as does ours.

So, if you want to stay and play NICE with the others, that's fine..we are open to all types of people, aliens, and fur-babies with the main emphasis on FUN. But if your whole focus is to try to swoop in, complain and tear us down, and then leave until you are ready to file another complaint...not going to happen and perhaps you would be happier finding a group that is into that sort of thing.

Now, back to the fun at hand...

Real complaint for today... INSERT REALLY LOUD ANAKIN-WHINE:
    I have to go in on my day off today and catch up on work!!!!![face_sick]

9. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    One exception.

No ewoks.

Man I hate those things, the fur gets imbedded in the Swoop intakes when I run them do... er, drive past.

Besides, I just have a bad feeling about them.

*puts "Wipe out Ewoks" on his list, well down the line, low priority*
  10. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    What's with all the Ewok hate? :eek:

*huggles Ewoks*
  11. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    Three words:

Four
    Foot
    Hairballs.

And they clean themselves like cats.

So the next time one offers you a kiss, consider where their mouth has been...

*winces*
  12. LadyCieone Jedi Knight

Seeewwww...you're complaining about THAT individual, ALSO on a totally different board? As in, doing the exact same thing? 'Kaaay... Go after her on her own board, if it bothers you that much!! If I were offended, I'd have the grapes to do it...also not small, myself.

I have to go back to yelling at short-track speed skating now.

The Parrot[/quote]

But it's okay for the original individual to make snarky comments about Santa Cruz members on THEIR board but not ours?

Gee, do I detect a certain bit of hypocrisy here?
  13. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Whine of the day: kids need to be taught proper flip-flop wearing techniques.

Rule #1: PICK YOUR FEET UP WHEN YOU WALK. No one wants to hear your shoe scraping along the sidewalk.

Rule #2: Do NOT let your flip-flop smack on the ground. It IS possible to walk QUIETLY in flip-flops, you know!

Rule #3: Do NOT mimick your show flying off, because it mostly likely WILL fly off and hit me!

Signed,

~ The very annoyed Original Flip-Flop Jedi
  14. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
  15. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    Once again, my work here is done.
  16. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    If I remember right, YOU were first nominated as Emperor-In-Charge-Of-Everything, which soon disintigrated into....

"I don't want to be in charge..YOU (pointing at everyone else) be in charge."

(Everyone Else...) "No YOU be in charge..I don't want to.." and

(Individually).."You (pointing finger to whomever was closest and eventually to other complete strangers at the Con) are in charge. Not Me!" (This was repeated by all four of us, ad nauseum! ;))

Which disintigrated into heaps of hysterical laughter and the resolution that we would ALL be both IN and NOT IN Charge of this thing. Not only us, but our members as well. Egos would be cheerfully banished to the Outer Rim (or the nearest bathroom... where they would be ceremoniously head-dunked and flushed!)

Rule #1 is... It Must Be Kept Fun!

Rule #2 is.... Always Refer to Rule #1
    !

We have actually had numerous meetings, and due to the wide distances that this FanForce covers, they have taken place at BayCon, SantaCruz Boardwalk, The Giant Dipper and The Log Ride (We did discuss the FF on both of those didn't we, Kai? Between Screams, Pinky Dares and PoC impersonations :D ), Disneyland, DCA, Denny's at Anaheim, Sid and Mrs. Sid's Secret Imperial Hideout and over dinner at the Royal Taj! (ohhh ....... Dinner....
    arrgggghhhhhuuulggghlgggg...droooool <Homer). Not to mention meetings held OnLine and in our Secret Cantina of Solitude! [face_shhh]

Santa Cruz FanForce... Keeping It Irreverent Since... Oh Sometime During BayCon 2005!

17. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_laugh] I think that right there needs to go into the "welcome, this is who we are" thread.

As for parrots...well..they mostly mimic what they hear others say and the only completely independent things they say are in reference to what they want at that particular moment.
    This useless parrot fact (and all ideas sprung from it ;) ) are brought to you by the letter Q.

*whine* is dinner ready yet????
  18. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    What We Are : Duly copied and pasted in the Welcome to Santa Cruz Thread, Hawkie! :D

I think the "Brought to you by the Letter Q needs to be in your signature as well..that's great!=D=
  19. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    *Rants* My bleedn' aide. Came out this weekend to work and she had scooped up my laptop and portable printer into a pile, not even bothering to dissconnect anything. So, now its now working and I'M having TO SCROUNGE FOR A 'PUTER!

*FIRES UP SABER*.... "Huh? *Powers down saber* Sorry, Master Qui-Gonn. Yes, Master, I remember our lessons regarding "taking out 'pathetic lifeforms'. *walks away, sits and sulks*[face_frustrated]
  20. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Kai's whine of the day:

No mention of a Knights of the Old Republic III under development was given during Steve Sansweet's talk at Wondercon.

*sigh*
  21. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Dear physics professor,

WHY DO I GIVE A DAMN WHAT THE FRICTIONAL FORCE BETWEEN A PENGUIN AND A SLED IS?
  22. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohhh, while you are at that, since it's related to foul, what IS the airspeed velocity of a swallow carrying a coconut?

*grins and flees*
  23. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Why is the penguin on a sled in the first place?????
    Penguins come with built-in sleds on their bellies.

Sid, the answer is 32 knots..without wind resistance..on a clear day...flying with the wind...in Bermuda.
  24. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    *puts the answer down on his list*

Thanks, now what's the mass ration between Kenobi and a coconut? I'll need to scale up the bird accordingly, was wondering if the wingspan would exceed the shuttle cargo bay.

Just curious, no reason really, no, nothing nefarious here.

*smiles innocently*
  25. mrcottonsparrot Jedi Knight

star 2
    Guys, guys, look. My 'interest in this' is now scandalized delight that ANYONE could think *I* am *too serious*, when all I wanted in the first place, was to throw a PoC party, SOLELY so I could have a Cap'n Jack competition called a "Jack-@ff"!!! That was the only reason! Which, I dunno, I thought was witty and clever and evil and justified fun naughtiness, or naughty fun-ness. *I* didn't say anything about anybody's weight, I just said it was going to be like 'Project Runway' crossed with Zoolander, and the Jacks better have their act together, and great costumes and be ready to do ANYTHING (another board suggested I make them do the Robot like in Zoolander, but I'm afraid that mixed with rum, that would be bad for the furniture and I don't feel like paying damages...).

As for my handle, I picked mrcottonsparrot because a) most of the good SW ones were already taken (duh), b) I like the idea of the character, and c) as an homage to my friend who is one of the principal pirates in the movies (not Mr. Cotton, but one of the crew). I am *my own* voice, kiddies. If you think me some kind of 'sock puppet' belonging to someone else on TFN, well, I plan on dispelling that no later than ComicCon this year.

Finally, all I can say is, since we've broached 'being hypocritical,' it's a perfect description for ANYONE is dissing ANYBODY about 'maybe being or not-being somebody else!' when ALL FANDOM *IS* is...people being something or someone they're not, in the first place!!!! Right? Which is why it's fun! I don't know about you, but when I go on a road trip with my fandom peepz, there's a LOT more 'people in the car' than just physical bodies, if you know what I mean! Dig?

I just believe in challenging smack-talkers on their own boards, instead of elsewhere, if someone lights me up behind my back, and if I feel that strongly about it. I've found that it stifles such smack pretty quickly, when people see you're not afraid to bring it back to them (just as publicly as they did).

As for how I feel about actors, yeah, they deserve to make their money, but I also feel they also deserve more RESPECT (particularly in the case of somebody of great track record, like Richard Chamberlain) and not be shoved in a dark corner while some first-season who-was-that-Redshirt from Trek gets a table front-and-center in the autograph hall. I also hope that my right to such indignation isn't going to be stifled here in the whining/complaining board. Geez, I can't talk about SW *all* the time, my head would explode. IndignantRant over.

Anyway, thanks. I hope this cleared all this up. I just want to have a PoC party at Disneyland to celebrate PoC and have a runway full of Jacks do what I tell them. I think it'd be a scream.

The Parrot
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.