main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE 24-HOUR ALL-WHINING ALL COMPLAINING BOARD!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    *HUG* I am sorry about the kitchen stuff, of course (with the silver lining of eventual good things to come of it all). But in particular, *HUGS* for the selling/cleaning of your parents' home. That's got to be very very hard to do. Thinking of you both...had no idea this all was going on.

- Kai

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    LOL, we were seriously talking about that firepit last night..

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Now you know why the whole PotC performance meant sooo much to me. Mom hadda "see" me as Jack. (And I HAD to portray him for her.) *smile*

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I know how hard it must be going through your parent's house, getting ready to sell it. We did the same thing for my grandparents' house and it was more than difficult. I'll have to tell you the details sometime. The only thing I can say is..take the mirrors down... :(

5. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Don't let the stuff they are fixing ruin other stuff as well, or you'll never be done.

i.e. the stove in the living room, what's under it?

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    A HUGE sheet of Styrofoam (sp) LOL

7. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Yeah, that totally makes sense. Well, you did a splendid job. I know your mom is thrilled, somewhere. :) *HUG*

8. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    :rolleyes: Well I've had a great start to what could have been a good Friday.
    I went to drive to work and realized I had forgotten most of my personal effects (including cash and drivers licence) with a friend of mine who I had dinner with last night in Sacramento.

Then I got to work (with a plan to get effects back at lunch) and found no uniforms in my locker. Luckily I found where they had been put, but still....dang uniform gnomes stealing things again.

Can I go home now? :(

9. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, back from the Ortho..and ....

Looks like I might have to have knee surgery again (as a result of the car wreck). So, after getting my right knee repaired (fractured kneecap - now superglued together; right side cartlidge - shattered at the same time, but removed and cleaned up) I just got word that the LEFT side cartlidge shattered during the wreck. So, going to try PT and an exercise program developed just for little ole me, and hopefully (fingers crossed) I wont have to back under the laser.

*insert words of choice and major grumbling*:mad: :mad: :mad:

10. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Master K!! :(
    You just can't get a break (forgive the pun)! I hope the PT works for you. Surgery is not fun and knee surgery doubly so.
    No more battles for you. I think it's time for you to retire from the hero business.

*hugs from your padawan*

11. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Just because one idiot tried to go "Order 66" on me, then another drunken idiot tried to take me and the Starfighter out... you want me to RETIRE???!!!!

To Quote Han, "Naaaahhhhhhh" [face_laugh]

Just another "bump" in life. Torked off?? Oh Majorly. But, even with idiots, stalkers, and drunks, just makes me more determined than ever. SOOOOOO, when ya wanna cross practice blades? ;)

12. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    [face_worried] Uhh...heheh....errr....Kai...wanna back me up here? Crossing blades with a smugger/Jedi Master/Pirate might not be the smartest thing to do.
    Even on the "injured" list, I think you could do some serious damage, Master K.

But I do look forward to my visit in September when we can all sit around the Jedi campfire (aka all the stuff you are ready to burn from your kitchen in a huge bonfire in the backyard) swapping stories about the good ol' days before Order 66. ;)

13. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Sure, I'll back you up! Of course, I'm incompetant with a blade, but hey...why not? When do we go down and bug them? ;)

- Kai

14. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I'll be dropping by Master K's hut on my way back from a short trip to So Cal on the 17th.
    The Central Cali wastelands (I-5) are not to be travelled lightly, so I thought a brief rest-stop half-way home would be nice. :)

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Heading out to lunch today, and stuck behind an open top, single cow trailer... COMPLETE with semi-recently deceased up-side down on back (yup you read that right, legs sticking STRAIGHT UP IN AIR), ready to "pop" cow. (Plus in this heat, a most delightful aroma....[face_sick]

Stuck behind him all the way into town.... ahhh one of the unique "perks" of working in a country school. [face_laugh]

16. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Living in a cow-town certianly comes with those little "quaint" details.

17. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww. Oh...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

[face_sick]

18. LadyCieone

LadyCieone Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Takes deep breath* Okay, despite two hospital visits in 48 hours (the second upon which I was admitted for 5 days); having two roommates, the first of whom was sneaking smokes in the bathroom, and the second who couldn't seem to speak at anything less than a scream; despite being poked, prodded, infused, abused, and confused, cat-scanned, etc., they STILL don't know what's wrong with me. I just know that I get nauseous every time I eat, I have no appetite, I am weak, I sleep about 20 hours a day, AND to top it off, we have a cat who is suffering from what the vet termed "extreme kidney failure", AND my poor husband has no vacation or sick time left because of the move earlier in the year and he's going crazy and is highly stressed trying to take care of a sick wife AND a sick pet. *breathes*

So, how is everyone else's day going?

19. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    /\ HUGS. I didn't know that you were still having problems. [face_worried] Have you thought about heading over to Davis for another opinion? They are supposed to be awsome. Also, which one of the kids is sick?

Both a hug to you and Sid. Let us know what's going on. We are here if you need us.

Kenobi and Siri

20. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *hugs to Lady C* Davis is great if you can get out here to get a second (or would this be first) opinion. I assume they have run the gammet (sp?) of tests.
    I hope they find the answers soon and that your kitty is as comfortable as possible. Kidney failure is not fun (or cheap).

21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I actually have very little to whine about, but I need to vent a little.

Grr..for co-workers who disappear for hours on end and don't pick up their supplies.
    Grr..for half the crew of one area calling in sick so I have to go cover for them
    Whine..for places only offering hunter safety course when I am either on vacation or in November after the hunting season starts.
    Whine for being wayyyyy stressed out because "impossible to see, the future is".

Okay, I feel better now.

22. LadyCieone

LadyCieone Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Our cat Margie went to the Rainbow Bridge today at about 9:30 a.m. Her kidney disease was just too extensive (the blood panel showed her values at a level where the vet said most cats would be comatose or even dead). We considered the kind of life she would have IF she survived all of the intensive treatment over the next few days (and she had less than a 50% chance of doing so). She would have to have sub-cu fluids every day for the rest of her life, as well as monthly trips to the vet for blood tests, and her quality of life would have been poor.

Never an easy decision, but we know we made the right one. It's harder for us than it was for her, since she was put out of her pain and ours is just beginning.

23. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *more hugs for Mr. and Mrs Sid* :_|
    I've been there..it's never easy watching a fur baby cross the rainbow bridge knowing you can't follow. It's doubly hard when you have to make that decision for them. Know that the kitties I have had before and my collie will be waiting for her on the other side and her pain is over.

*gives Isis an extra hug for your kitty and you*

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    I am so sorry that you lost Margie. I know that Robin, Marion and Mickey are there to greet her. I also know how hard that decision is to make. Our love and thoughts to you and Michael. We're there if you need us.

Kim and Josie

25. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    LIFE SUCKS!!!!

Sorry for the upcoming rant, folks, but I need to VENT!!!

On August 25, my husband's *&^%^&& boss (I'll call him S) tells Damon (my husband) that Damon has 1 month to find a new job. This after screaming at Damon the day before because Damon did what he was told to do, but S has 'selective memory loss' and denied ever telling Damon to do what S had told him. On top of this S seems to think a Service Dept should make money, when 70% of their business is warranty work. Also, according to them Damon isn't 'dedicated to the company' and 'isn't willing to put out for the company'. This despite the fact that Damon has, quite literally, run our Ford Explorer near into the ground for this company, and has traveled as far away as 350 miles for a service call. So, Damon, like me, thought that Damon had until the end of September to find a new job.

One week later, Sept 1, I had an interview with a company for an internship position. Last week I talked to thier Senior HR person, and started all the paperwork for the position (references, background check, etc...) Last Friday, I sent an email to inquire how the process was going as I hadn't heard anything yet.

Yesterday, Damon comes home at lunchtime and tells me, "This Friday is my last day at work." Evidently S thinks 1 month means 4 weeks.

Today I get a return email from the company that I interviewed with, denying me a position with the company for unspecified reasons.

And guess what.......

This weekend, Sunday Sept 17th, is our 1 year anniversary.

Happy *&^%$%#^&*$^%% Anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. Schoonover

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.