main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE 24-HOUR ALL-WHINING ALL COMPLAINING BOARD!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I am so sorry. I missed this post, somehow, until now. Much love and sympathy to you both. Making that decision is terribly hard, even when you know it's the right one. Thinking of you both.

- Kai

2. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Argh! Apparently I missed a bunch of posts! I'm sorry, Master-K...I should have sent you hugs before about this. I can't BELIEVE what a bum run of luck you've had (no pun intended) with your knee...now, knees. How are things going with this?

- Kai

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Kai, you're slacking!

Psst..when are we gonna see you troop (CCG) as Revan?????????

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Shan, I am so sorry all this is happening to you. But perhaps it means that something much better is one its way.

Hugs,

K

5. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm slacking! *beats self with wet noodle*

Um...whenever! Seriously, I'd love to, but a lot of the CCG events have been ones more appropriate to movie-style costumes and I don't necessarily want to be the one discordant element in an otherwise slick-looking and unified troop.

- Kai

6. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Don't be too hard on yourself. It's true, with the movie releases it's been mostly OT characters (though even I haven't been able to make the last few troops...grr). Hopefully we'll see you at the Garrison Picnic (once we figure out where and when that is). :rolleyes:

7. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Actually, it's the same knee (the right one). Just while the lightsaber hit took out the right side of the cartlidge and fractured the kneecap. The wreck took out the left side of the cartlidge on the same knee. So now..no cartlidge at all. Surgeon's knife is looking more and more likely. As is a total knee replacement. So hopefully, Christmas/New Years will be spent at Disneyland instead of on the table. :mad:

8. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Well...ARGH. On the (dubiously) bright side, I've known several people who've had full-knee replacements and all of the ones I've known have had a HUGE relief from discomfort and greatly increased mobility. So, not downplaying how icky this news is...but perhaps things will come out basically all right in the end.

*hug*

- Kai

9. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I have a friend who's had both knees replaced, one with a cadaver that he claims occasionally speaks through him (like a certain Captain we know?).

10. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Probably a cadaver ligament, not the whole knee. My brother has had his ACLs repaired on both sides, one with a porcine (oink) ligament and the other with cadaver (booowhahahahahaaaaa) tissue. But if the whole knee, KEEEWWWLL!! 99% they do it with aluminum/PVC joints these days. I know a marathoner who had his done and has had no problems since.

The Parrot
    Caryn B.

11. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok, that's encouraging... LOL ...hmmm dead body parts or pig parts...or maybe Droid parts. [face_laugh]

Actually, after pretty much doubling over with the pain today (and I have a REALLY HIGH pain tolerance).. and then looking at the posts and how much better people do afterwards...that laser is starting to look a bit more friendly...

[face_thinking]

12. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I hope the pain goes away for this weekend Master K. Can't have you doubled over in pain while I'm visiting. :D

Personal whine for the day:
    I've got several messages waiting for me on MySpace (my mailbox told me so)...so I try to log in and I get a happy fun error message that makes it seem like my account has been deactivated. :( C'mon MySpace! Get it together!!!

13. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm jealous! You all are going to enjoy the weekend together and I'm up here...all alone... *sniff sniff*

;)

- Kai, sniffling

14. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Heck, if'n I'da known youse got knee problems dat bad, I'da sent Guido.

But then, ya like walkin' don' ya?

Guido don' encourage that.

((Serious biz, get better soon, we need you walking again))

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Poor Kai, all alone while we sit in the spa.....

Sid..Hey thanks for NOT sending Guido *still looks over shoulder, just in case...* [face_laugh]

Will know a bit more next week. Will let you all in on what is happening then...

BUT a really funny cool thing happened to day which is gonna be on the ...

Cool things thread!!!;)

16. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Oh, FINE.

*huffs*

Fine. I'll just sit here. All alone. In the dark. Far from a spa. Or Star Wars buddies. Or...or...

:_|

- Kai, milking it

17. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Mooooooooooo!

But I prefer Llama day:

BRRRRRRAAWWWWWWWW! *snort* Blllllllleeeeatttt! *spits*

You could always come down and help me move stuff out of the enclosed patio in preparation for the contractor to rip out and replace the wall next week, woo hoo. Did I get that deadpan enough? Let me try again:

Woo.

Hoo.

By the way, we've tried now a couple of places on the San Jose side for Indian food. Still no real contender for Royal Taj, so I guess it really IS that good.

18. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Ooooh.

Drywall.

Woo.

Hoo.

;)

Royal Taj is great. Actually, we've got a good place where I live...but it's a bit of a haul for y'all (hour and a quarter or so!)

- Kai

19. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Man, I hope you get OK in time to be considered for marching in the Rose Parade -- I've been reading about that on some other boards. It's a loooong 5.5 miles...my friend was in a band two years ago.

Caryn B.
    The Parrot

20. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Master K, are you in the running, as it were for the Parade?

I am so sorry your knee is giving you so much misery.

- Kai

21. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    As much as I understand...it's pretty much the 501st and I still have to get my hiney in gear and get my stuff ready to join them!! But, it would be nice. ;)

22. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    My understanding - you're too late. There were auditions held, and it was for stormies, etc., anyway...I think. Not other characters. :)

23. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    LOL I know it's too late for the 501st parade thing. I mean I need to get my hiney in gear and get my ST put together so I can JOIN the 501st LOL

24. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    AH!!!!! Cool!

Wait, your ST? Stormtrooper, you mean?

Coolness.

I need TK armor, myself, I think. And platform boots! LOL!

25. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    *bartender at a starport cantina, drinking and waving a death stick like a baton to make a point*

"Well ya see you got your two types of troopers. Ya got yer prime pilots who wear the black, get the missions and fly to glory, and then you got your groundpounders who can only DREAM of glory.

So what do you groundpounders want to drink?

(pirated freely from The Right Stuff, harrr.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.