main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 24- Hour Cool Thing/Stuff That Happened Today Thread....

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    I hate you!!! :D

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    It's Friday. We open "Camelot" tonight!
    Wish me luck and hope I don't do something incredibly stupid. :D

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    It's bad luck to said good luck on opening night! :eek:

4. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003

5. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Hee Hee, OMG people are paying ridiculous sums of money for them on ebay even before they go on general sale on Monday!

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    I can imagine.

Actually, the one I want to hit is the Genesis Reunion Tour... heard about it a couple of months ago..but nothing since...

7. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    We had three great shows this weekend. The Saturday audience was tiny (40 people in a theater that seats 240), but spirited. I feel very happy with my performances and can't wait to do it again next weekend. Though I am incredibly grateful for a break from rehearsals and staying up until 1 am. Ugh. Here's to sleep and a more normal schedule!

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Congratulations to a successful opening weekend. LOL Don't you love small audiences...but yup, usually they are the most spirited ones. Would rather have a small but excited crowd, then a packed house where you can hear the crickets chirping. (Smallest group I have ever played for was ONE person for A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum. One elderly gentleman who had never been to live theater before AND he thought the show was over at intermission. The director ran out of the theater to catch him and bring him back for the second act. LOL.. But, the guy loved the performance. One of my fav theater memories).

Ok rehursals and the Oscars are over!!! Get some sleep!!!

9. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Awww..poor guy. All his life and never experienced a live show until then. Wow.

Rant for the day: Tired of paying $9 for a poorly-made movie? Go see a live show for a few dollars more! In fact, go see a show put on by a community theater group. The sets may not be Broadway class, the seats may not be plush, but you can bet your bottom dollar you will see a group of people who put everything they've got up there and all for free. :)

I totally missed the Oscars. I've got the Tony awards on my calendar though. ;)

10. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Siris/Sirus radio...never could think of why to have it...now that Boga came equipped with it... well the Broadway station is on 24/7. Way too addicting.:D

11. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    If I had Sirius that's all I would be listening to!!!!

Guess what.....almost FRIDAY!!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003

IT IS FRIDAY!!!!!!![face_dancing]

13. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *does happy Friday dance, Kaya looks at her like she's lost every last one of her marbles*
    "darned trained monkey's lost it again" [face_chicken] (for lack of hawk smiley)
    What?? :D :p

14. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Cherie won tickets to SPAMALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We both put entries in the drawing at one of the booths at Wizard World LA, and Cherie was drawn! So off we go like vorpal rabbits, at the end of the month...

Mary T.

15. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Very cool!

16. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Congrats on the Spamalot tickets. :)

Even MORE congrats, Hawkie, on the successful run of your production! I am SO SORRY I didn't say so earlier. :( But I am really really really really happy for you!

*HUGS*

- Kai

17. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Just established for certain that I am part of a CIV 501st costuming panel on EU characters. I and my Darth Revan get to hold forth about armor! Fun times! :)

- Kai

18. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    That's awesome Kai!!! I hope I get a chance to sit in on your panel. I'd love to hear what you guys have to say. :)

19. CassilaSanar

CassilaSanar Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2007
    Cool thing today.... I had a nice phone convo with a friend. May not sound like much but I've got the flu and it just doesn't take much when you feel like I do right now.

Everybody remember the song from West Side Story called "I Feel Pretty?" Here's some filk lyrics for it:

I feel cruddy
    I feel cruddy
    I feel cruddy, so rotten, so bad!
    And I pity anyone who feels like I do tonight!

On that note (I know, bad pun), I bow out and head for bed.

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Sorry your feeling lousy. But talking to a friend does help to make it better.

*Tucks in Cass, turns off the light, shuts the door and lets her get some sleep*

21. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Eeew, is it actually FLU? That sucks. *HUG*

*adds a stuffed bantha to the bed that you were tucked into*

Feel better, Cass!

- Kai

22. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    **Tip toes in, takes the bantha (being a little EVIL), but leaves a warmer blanket instead?. **

Just hurry and get better Cas! Miss you!

**(Hugs)***

Siri

23. LadyCieone

LadyCieone Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Is anyone else besides me getting excited about CIV?

Maybe it's just because I have TERRIBLE cabin fever, having been somewhat limited by knee surgery 6 weeks ago (it's getting better every day!) and to quote the immortal words of Arnie "I need a vacation."

I just can't wait!

24. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm saving up my excitement for May 1st. THEN I'll let myself get really jazzed!
    I went to C2 and missed C3, so this will be doubly awesome. Plus, I'll have at least 3 costumes! That's quite a switch from C2 when my friend wouldn't even let me bring one to Indianapolis. Plus, I'm deeply ensconced in three of the best SW groups in the world (Fan Force, Rebel Legion, and 501st!) and will get to see some of the Rose Parade Veterans again! 'OORAH! :cool:

25. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Woot, hit the 300 mark in my fundraising for the MS walk! 700 more and I have to wear a clown suit!

any $ would be appreciated www.mswalk.com/sgwalker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.