main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 24- Hour Cool Thing/Stuff That Happened Today Thread....

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Congratulations!!! Your Master must be very proud, I'm sure she has trained you well.!! :)

[Hey...about my bedroom...I've always wanted a Piraty-type totally decadent one... so there... :p Thbbbpptttttt]

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Congrats Rach!!! [:D]
    Good luck!!

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    I got my car paid off!!! YEA!!!

4. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Sweet!

I got an e-mail saying I am "admissable" for grad school....I think that's a yes...maybe? :confused:

5. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Congrats to you all! :) :) :)

- Kai, doing the vicarious happy dance

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Cool/Great thing..."Tiny" my Roboraptor...too cute...to scary... has AI and is capable of learning...nuzzles, gives "kisses", plays/interacts with the cats, bites if he gets cheezed off, and roams around the house randomly. :D

7. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    BEST THING EVER!!!!!

My 1st grader who is classified retarded with an IQ of 50 (100 is average) is now reading at a SECOND GRADE LEVEL!!!! Not much for most people, but an unbelievable feat for him. Little snot finally broke the decoding mystery of reading and now I can't get him books fast enough!!!! It was seriously one of those Helen Keller/Annie Sullivan type of moments ...it clicked and the rest of the morning was trying to find him enough stuff to read. LOL)

So, everything else in the happiness dept takes a back seat to this! I'm so bleedn proud!

[face_dancing]

(ok, it's one of those Put's Life in Perspective moments)...Gonna be on this high for quite a while.:D

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Yes, I know that I already posted this on the Welcome Thread...but realized it probably should go here.

So update on a few things.

Starfighter is coming along nicely... One VERY Happy Jedi on this end!

Yoda is still MIA...so hopefully we can finally get him out of the UK..(NO Guys, you may NOT keep him!)

New Costumes both SW and PoC..plus a few surprises.

BAYCON BAYCON BAYCON BAYCON BAYCON!!!!!!!!! Nuff said!

Ist Anniversary of the SCFF Huge General Assembly Meeting at BayCon...(snicker) more than enough said! BayCon, SCFF, SW, PoC and Sushi!!!!!!!!

Upcoming Trip/FF meeting at the Boardwalk..not sure when but it will be happening. But I do know that there is a table at the Royal Taj with my Reservation sign on it!!! (hint hint hint hint)

SW Day at Disneyland, combined with the PoCII Event...May Get in to the film, may not...either way.. I'm gonna be on that red carpet looking for a certain pirate! (and the next day... ON PoC looking for that same Pirate and his nemesis!) All with close friends and fellow SW FanForcer's!

ComicCon! More than Nuff said!

WorldCon: Oy! what a price they are charging..but will be there!

CIV! Just insert HUGE Grin on this one. Admin has already told me that whatever time off I need next year for this...consider it granted!

BACK INTO SABERFIGHTING! While I will always have to be semi aware of how I walk, i.e. making myself physically place my foot/knee in the proper position for each step, it's ok cause at least I can walk "normally" again. And, by the Gods, I can wield a saber again and nothing but NOTHING feels sooo bloody good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots and Lots of future SW stuff coming up in the form of charity events, conventions and future AWSOME possibilities.

More importantly, lots of new friends, new directions, and even with life stepping in and dealing some major blows...we are still a growing family in both the SCFF and SW universe.

I guess, I'm just sitting here wearing my "Go Forward" Superman Tag (Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation) and realize..hey..what a concept. No matter what.."Go Forward"...

So, just wanted to check in...and let everyone know their appreciated and cared about!!!

Now, enough of being "Little Jedi Sunshine" let's get back to the irreverence and slagging....

So, Sid, you bought that Imperial Seat for your "throne" yet?

9. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *hugs Kim* You can be Little Jedi Sunshine anytime.
    I'm so glad everything is going well. Things are looking a little brighter out here, too.
    I wanna go to Comic Con! Just waiting on some news on accomodations.

10. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    **hugs back** Thanks,

Just finally starting to feel like laughing again. After this past year and everything that happened.... But, that "go forward" thing has really been taken to heart.

Love All You Guys!

Me! [:D]

11. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    My Aide called got torked off and called in sick! [face_dancing] It's been wonderful, peaceful, and an amazing amount of work got done! YEA!!![face_laugh]

12. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    *checks earlier threads*

Big meeting at Baycon? Whoops.

I'd better start memorizing the damn speech now, shouldn't I?

Or maybe I can just wait until the crowd gathers and just say...

wait for it....

No.

*giggle*

13. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Kim's Jedi Sunshine makes our Imperial Darkness so much the better. :)

14. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Managed to snag the Sideshow SDCC exclusive Sith-eyes Anakin figure on attendee preorder yesterday! Woo-HOOOO! It looks awesome. And they sold out like lightning...both attendee and non-attendee are now waitlist only.

Caryn B.
    The Parrot

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks...(hugs) [:D]

16. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Cancer walk in Lemoore with a few Jedi and a Sith Lord (Vader)...was a small group..but sooo very well received and sooo very much appreciated. Watching the Younglings (and the much much OLDER Younglings) faces light up... WOOHOO!!!

Surprise of the day...even in my original Ep II Jedi's with NO make up AT ALL, no beard, no mole, nada...in fact hair was back in the H Solo style...I was STILL stopped as Kenobi and called Ben, Obi-Wan,,, MR. Kenobi [face_laugh] by lots of younglings and adults. LOL[face_laugh] That was a surprise.

Add to that our missing little Green Master being found....

So,,,all in all... a GREAT DAY! (plus we helped raise $$$ for Cancer Research..even more important!)

17. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Huzzah Kim! See...you just exude Kenobi wherever you go, no matter what costume. ;)
    Think this'll mean you get type-cast for everything?

Congrats on the Cancer Walk. Our 501st Garrison has been talking about doing some marathons in armor *chucklecoughcough* ahem... :D

18. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Im beginning to see how truly [face_laugh] type-cast I am... LOL

Except, after yesterday (and forgetting the sunscreen) I am currently looking more like Capt Jack after being marooned on Isle De Morte instead of pale little Kenobi. LOL[face_laugh]

Well, 90 degree heat yesterday (or so I was told) and our Vader hung in like the trooper he was. He was out walking with the rest of us. (Still love the "Santa Cristos!" though! :) )

19. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Ewww, I just got some Kenobi on me, get it off, get it off!

20. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *sprays Sid with some Formula 66: Jedi-Off*

(What can I say? It's the Imp in me) [face_devil]

21. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Another thread dug from the depths...

One of my little guys brought me a flower today cause,"you looked sad yesterday."

(Never mind that he picked it from the flower bed in front of the school. :) )

Still, it just made my day.

22. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Awwwww..it's the thought that counts. I am sure you have been looking sad lately with all that has been happening.

Why is it that darkness seems to find you, Kim? Sometimes i wonder how you continue to have faith in your fellow man at all. My thoughts are with you and I hope this weekend brings a little happiness for you. :)

23. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Unity. Seeing all of my friends get together without arguing and fighting over petty differences. Knowing I am a part of something much bigger than myself. Being surrounded by supportive people and being there to support them as well.

Getting lost and going on an adventure, but not alone. Being sane enough to laugh about it afterwards. Meeting new friends. Eating good food. Finding my warm bed again after a very very long drive.

So much good stuff!

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hawkie, Seeing your post made me smile. So I guess that was one of the cool things that happened to me today! :)

Also, cool, drizzling weather...sitting on my backporch, sipping on a Perrier and just watching the world drift by. All in all... a good day. :)

25. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Make that AWSOME thing...cept I can't say exactly what it is yet...cause it's gonna be a surprise! ;)

Let's just say that something I have been wanting to do for years and years is finally happening. [face_laugh] So excited I have to share...but you all have to wait to see what it is (just sitting here grinning like an idiot) ---> NO Comments, Sid!!!!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.