main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 24th Jedi Draft - I will finish What Horax Started (Winner: DarkEagle!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_Furio , Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Welcome to the 24th Jedi Draft...
    [​IMG]

Thanks to Bardan_Jusik for starting up the Draft Discussion Thread and for supporting us and allowing us into the SWC. This is a new version of the once thought dead draft series. The biggest issue we have now is to include new canon characters and The Old Republic expansion characters. I'd like the new GM's to vote on the inclusion of new canon characters i.e. Kylo Ren, Rey, Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Grand Inquisitor, 5th Brother, and the 7th Sister. Also which TOR characters they feel could contribute to a team.

In the traditon of heels1785 I'd like to recognize former players that I recall coming into the thread and putting their two cents in.

Darth-Horax
    Wang Chi

Also KenKenobi for helping us finish the last draft.

In our last draft, DarthIntegral and I went at it in the finals after we finished one and two in our conference. I lost in teams in our regualr season game and lost to him in teams in the finals. Damn you Ahsoka Tano. :p I'm happy to see the interest from the veterans and the new crop. To the new guys, please look at past drafts and get a feel for the game. Of course, any and all questions will be answered to help you out. There's a bunch of cool cats here that would be happy to sabatoge, I mean guide you. ;)

Rules: I'm ripping these off from heels. :p

1. VIPs - Colors - Titles: The winner of the Jedi Draft will be awarded VIP status and colors for the duration of one week.

2. Leave Your Problems At the Door: If any personal problems or disputes arise in the midst of the Draft, please refrain from playing them out in the thread. Take care of things outside the Draft, and if problems persist, contact either myself, or one of the Mods, and we'll see what can be done.

3. Obey the Forum Rules: Talking and discussions is encouraged, so long as nothing gets too heated. Just follow the normal forum rules, (no flaming/spamming/trolling, etc.) and you should be fine. Please respect everyone else in the game; it'll work out better for everyone. It is understood that, in between and waiting for picks, we will banter back and forth - just remember to tie it up at some point and point the discussion back in the direction of the next pick and/or match.

4. No Replacing the Commissioner: If I'm going to be out for an extended period of time, then I'll arrange for someone to act as temporary Commissioner until I return. GMs and Judges will not take it onto themselves to find a new Commish to fill in if I happen to be absent. I will be unavailable in the last week of August though. I'm sure we can old off for a week.

==
    Here's how the game works:

Step 1: The Draft

The draft will be snake-style, for example:

Round 1:
    1. Team Satele
    2. Team Palpy
    3. Team Ewok
    4. Team Shaq

Round 2:
    1. Team Shaq
    2. Team Ewok
    3. Team Palpy
    4. Team Satele

We went ten rounds in the last draft, but since we might have 12 GMs we can discuss a shorter roster to elminate picking at scraps by the later rounds.

There will be no bench, all combatants will fight, every round. I’ll randomize the draft order after we conclude sign-ups, and the full list of available Jedi and Sith will be made available at that time (if not earlier).

Step 2: The Matchups

After each match has started, each GM will have 48 hours to send a PM to me, listing their numbers- this does not need to be in any necessary order. Here is an example:

You drafted Darth Sidious, Darth Malgus, Darth Bane, Galen Marek, Yarael Poof, Tott Doneeta, Eeth Koth, and Savage Oppress.

This is an example of what you would send in:

1. Tott Doneeta (prepared)
    2. Eeth Koth TRUMPED with Darth Malgus
    3. Darth Malgus TRUMPED with Eeth Koth (notice the flip)
    4. Savage Oppress
    5. Yarael Poof
    6. Darth Sidious TRUMPED with Galen Marek
    7. Galen Marek TRUMPED with Darth Sidious
    8. Darth Bane

If the team lineup is not received within 48 hours, your team lineup will be completely simmed. In this instance, you will forfeit your prep, and no trumps will be auto-created.

==

Trumping:

Notice the strategy of “trumping.” This can be used as a strategy, but is in no way required- however, should you choose to trump, you must list the trump both ways, as two separate numbers. The first number of the two represented by that trump will be used as the actual trump, and the second will be an auto-forfeit. If two teams match auto-forfeits, that particular individual match will be declared a draw.

Trumps can be extremely effective, especially if you obtain two characters that have fought together throughout the films or EU extensively - this could play into draft strategies.

Pick Two List and Natural Trumps - you will see on the draft board that you have a list from which you can "pick two" in place of your normal selection. Once you select those two together, they are forever bound, and must always be trumped. Likewise, you will see some preselected trumps that we have listed - again, these only count as one pick, but they cannot be separated. When sending in your numbers, these natural and pick two trumps only count as number, and do not carry the auto-forfeit.

==

Prep:

You also will see that Tott is listed as “prepared.” You have one prep per round (thus, it cannot be used on a full trump), and gives the fighter access to the following:

-One extra weapon that can be held with one hand (no crystals, vehicles, death-stars, satellite or remote controlled weapons, god weapons, etc.- be smart)
    -Any extra armor that is desired, with the understanding that speed may be taken into account
    -Any and all knowledge regarding their opponents that they can compile in a 24 hour period (previous battle results, shown weaknesses and tendencies,etc.)

Prep does not allow bringing any other living beings into the arena, be it pets, buddies, or mothers.

Darth Bane, with prep, receives his Orbalisk armor. Without prep, he does not have it.
    Exar Kun, with prep, recives his amulets, Without prep, he doesn't get them.

==

Weapons:

Those who are known to only use double-bladed saber will use their double-blade for every match, and will be able to bring an additional hilted blade into battle when prepared, if so chosen by the GM. Light whip users will use their light whip for each match, and will be able to bring another hilted blade into battle when prepared, if so chosen by the GM.

Characters that traditionally carry blasters and thermal detonators with them will have access to them without using prep - no rocket launchers, please. This is important - if you have a question about what will be allowed for a character you are interested in, ask me BEFORE you draft them. We avoid any issues down the road that way.

==

Locations:

When each matchup is announced, a corresponding location will be announced. All eight matches will take place in this location. Locations can be beneficial to certain characters with familiarity, and problematic for others - this should be taken into account when setting up your team and sending in numbers.

==

Team Battles:

So, you may ask, what happens if we get to 5-5? The answer is a glorious team battle, a giant free-for-all to break the tie. These are quite fun, and while picking, abilities such as battle meditation, etc. can be taken into account as helpful tools, should you ever find yourself in a team battle.

Step 3: Conferences and Playoffs

We will have two 5-team conferences. Each team will play every team in their conference, and two teams from the opposite conference. After six matches, ALL teams will enter the playoffs, seeded 1-10 based first on overall match record, second on individual battle records, and third on a coin flip. Seed 7 will face Seed 8, and Seed 9 will face Seed 10 in the "play-in" round. The winner of 7-8 will play the second seed, and the winner of 9-10 will play the top overall seed in the first round of the 8-team tournament. More will be posted on this when we reach that point, but the main point is - don't give up, even if you go 0-6 in the regular season - you still have a fighting chance at a title. Doubting this? See Skywalker and Jordan from last draft.

Here are all of our old drafts, with champions listed, for you to refer to:
    1. "The first annual 2003 Jedi Draft" (Winner: GenMadine)
    2. 2003 Second Installment (Winner: GenMadine)
    3. 2003 Third Installment (Winner: Qui-Gon-Jinn2)
    4. 2004 First (Winner: Corran10584)
    5. 2004 Second (Winner: Gaeri)
    6. 2004 Third (Winner: Saber_Leader)
    7. 2004 Fourth (Winner: Ghost_Jedi)
    8. 2004 Fifth (Winner: Suzuki_Akira)
    9. 2004 Sixth (Winner: EMPEROR_WINDU)
    10. 2005 First (Winner: bburditt)
    11. 2005 Second (Winner: HandofSkywalker86)
    12. 2005 Third (Winner: Mr_Sith)
    13. 2005 Fourth (Winner: Talon_Kenobi)
    14. 2006 First (Winner: KenKenobi)
    15. 2006 Second [Return to SWC!] (Winner: Shadow_of_Durron)
    16. 2007 First (Winner: Shadow_of_Durron)
    17. 2007 Second (Winner: KiwiRogue)
    18. 2007 Third (Winner: KenKenobi)
    19. 2010: Return of the Jedi Draft (Winner: xblackout)
    20. 2011: A New Draft (Winner: DarkEagle)
    21. 2013: Return of the Revenge of the Draft (Winner: Mikaboshi)
    22. 2014: Only a Bith Deals In Absolutes (Winner: Point Given)
    23. 2015: Play Us Out Max Rebo (Winner: DarthIntegral)

And finally, This draft is, and has traditionally been, a whole lot of fun - it is made so by active users. We will have 12 GM spots, and 2 judging spots - when you do commit to a GM spot, just recognize that it may take a few minutes a week to drop in and check on your team, throw in an argument or two, or send in numbers.

With that, we have room for one more GM.

GMs:

1. Skywalker_T-65
    2. The Vanguard
    3. Point Given
    4. Mikaboshi
    5. Davak24
    6. DarkEagle
    7. Darkslayer
    8. cubman987
    9. Darth Tunick
    10. RX_Sith
    11. Evil Incarnate

Judges:
    1. Darth_Furio (Commish)
    2. DarthIntegral
    3. Yodaminch

Here's the list.

DarkEagle I added the characters you mentioned and bolded them. Kanan and Ezra, the 5th and 7th brother and sister have been doubled up. Open to discuss of you disagree. As always, if I'm missing anyone let me know and I'll add them to the list.

Adalric Cessius Brandl
    Ahsoka Tano
    Ajunta Pall
    Alema Rar
    Alora
    Anakin Solo
    Anakin Skywalker
    Anoon Bondara
    Antinnis Tremayne
    An'ya Kuro (Dark Woman)
    Arca Jeth
    Arcann
    Asaak Dan
    Asajj Ventress
    Azlyn Rae
    Bant Eerin
    Bastila Shan
    Ben Skywalker
    Boc Aseca
    Brakiss
    Cade Skywalker
    Callista Ming
    Celeste Morne
    Cilghal
    Corran Horn
    Cronal (Blackhole/Shadowspawn)
    Dace Diath
    Daeshara'cor
    Daiman
    Darovit
    Darrus Jeht
    Darth Cognus
    Darth Krayt
    Darth Kruhl
    Darth Maladi
    Darth Malak
    Darth Malgus
    Darth Marr
    Darth Maul
    Darth Plagueis
    Darth Sidious
    Darth Sion
    Darth Stryfe
    Darth Traya
    Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku)
    Darth Vader
    Darth Vitiate
    Darth Wyyrlok (III)
    Darth Zannah
    Dasariah Kothos
    Dass Jennir
    Desann
    Devan For'deschel
    Drake Lo'gaan
    Drok
    Duron Qel-Droma
    Echuu Shen-Jon
    Eldon Ax
    Elke Vetter
    Empatojayos Brand
    Etain Tur-Mukan
    Exal Kressh
    Exar Kun
    Fable Astin
    Fay
    Feln
    Ferus Olin
    Finn Galfridian
    Fortris Gall
    Fy-Tor-Ana
    Galen Marek (novel)
    Ganner Rhysode
    Gantoris
    Gethzerion
    Githany
    Glaive
    Gnost Dural
    Gorc
    Grand Inquisitor
    Haazen
    Halagad Ventor
    Hardin
    Hethrir
    Jaden Korr
    Jafer Torles
    Jaesa Wilsaam
    Jai Maruk
    Jaina Solo
    Jastus Farr
    Jax Pavan
    Jeng Droga
    Joclad Danva
    Johun Othone
    Jon Antilles
    Jorak Uln
    Jorus C'baoth
    Joruus C'baoth
    Kai Justiss
    Kam Solusar
    Kaox Krul
    Kar Vastor
    Kavar
    Kazdan Paratus
    Kenth Hamner
    Kento Marek
    Kerra Holt
    Kiel Charny
    Kira Carsen
    Kirana Ti
    Kirlocca
    Klin-Fa Gi
    Knol Ven'nari
    Koffi Arana
    Kol Skywalker
    Kyle Katarn
    Kylo Ren
    Kyp Durron
    K'Kruhk
    Lana Beniko
    Lanius Qel-Bertuk
    Lar Le'Ung
    Leia Organa Solo
    Lomi Plo
    Lord Nyax
    Lord Scourge
    Lucien Draay
    Ludo Kressh
    Luke Skywalker
    Lumiya
    Mace Windu
    Malorum
    Mander Zuma
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Marasiah Fel
    Maris Brood
    Maw
    Ma'kis'shaalas
    Meetra Surik (Exile)
    Mical
    Mira
    Mother Talzin (Nightsister)
    Nat Skywalker
    Nejaa Halcyon
    Nelani Dinn
    Nico Diath
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Octa Ramis
    Odan-Urr
    Odion
    Olaris Rhea
    Orgus Din
    Oss Wilum
    Pernicar
    Picaroon C. Boodle (Pic)
    Qrrrl Toq
    Querdan Dei
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Quinlan Vos
    Qu Rahn
    Q'Anilia
    Raana Tey
    Rachi Sitra
    Rahm Kota
    Rasi Tuum
    Raskta Lsu
    Raynar Thul
    Relin Druur
    Revan
    Rey
    Roan Fel
    Roan Shryne
    Roblio Darte
    Rojo Trace
    Ronhar Kim
    Saarai
    Saba Sebatyne
    Sa Cuis
    Saes Rrogon
    Sarasu Taalon
    Sariss
    Sarro Xaj
    Satele Shan
    Savage Opress
    Sayar Dun'La
    Sedriss QL
    Senya Tirall
    Serra Keto
    Set Harth
    Shaak Ti
    Sha Koon
    Shak'Weth
    Sharad Hett
    Shigar Konshi
    Shoaneb Culu
    Sia-Lan Wezz
    Sian Jeisel
    Sigel Dare
    Sirak
    Sora Bulq
    Streen
    Supreme Leader Snoke Just because. :p
    Sylvar
    Tamith Kai
    Te Corso
    Teneb Kel
    Tenel Ka
    Thann Mithric
    Thexan
    Tholme
    Tohno
    Toki Tollivar
    Tol Skorr
    Treis Sinde
    Tresina Lobi
    Tr'a Saa
    Tyvokka
    Ulic Qel-Droma
    Uthar Wynn
    Valin Horn
    Vaylin
    Vergere
    Vialco
    Vil Kothos
    Vima-Da-Boda
    Vima Sunrider
    Visas Marr
    Viun Gaalan
    Vodo Siosk-Bass
    Vrook Lamar
    Worror Dowmat
    X1
    X2
    Xalex
    Xamar
    Xat Hracken
    Ylenic It'kla
    Yoda
    Yun
    Yuthura Ban
    Zayne Carrick
    Zekk
    Zez-Kai Ell
    Zonder
    Zule Xiss

Tandems (Natural Trumps):
    Tahiri Veila/Ikrit
    Antares Draco/Ganner Krieg
    Cay Qel-Droma/Tott Donneta
    Nomi Sunrider/Thon
    Jolee Bindo/Juhani
    Bao-Dur/Atton Rand
    Lord Hoth/Valenthyne Farfalla
    Scout/Whie Malreaux
    Lowbacca/Tesar Sebatyne
    Aryn Leneer/Ven Zallow
    Wolf Sazen/Shado Vao
    Atris/Brianna
    Darth Talon/Darth Nihl
    Aleema Keto/Satal Keto
    Jerec/Sariss
    Lord Quordis/Lord Kopecz
    Lord Kaan/Lord Kas'im
    Gavar Khai/Vestara Khai
    Desann/Tavion Axmis
    Ezra Bridger/Kanan Jarrus
    5th Brother/7th Sister

Pick 2:

Aayla Secura
    Adi Gallia
    Agen Kolar
    Coleman Trebor
    Bultar Swan
    Cin Drallig
    Depa Billaba
    Eeth Koth
    Even Piell
    Foul Moudama
    Jocasta Nu
    Ki-Adi Mundi
    Kit Fisto
    Luminara Unduli
    Nahdar Vebb
    Oppo Rancisis
    Pablo Jill
    Plo Koon
    Pong Krell
    Roron Corobb
    Saesee Tiin
    Siri Tachi
    Stass Allie
    Tsui Choi
    Voolif Monn
    Yarael Poof
    Yaddle
    Zett Jukassa
    Aurra Sing
    Barriss Offee
    Darth Andeddu
    Darth Angral
    Darth Azard
    Darth Bandon
    Darth Baras
    Darth Chratis
    Darth Desolus
    Darth Havok
    Darth Jadus
    Darth Karrid
    Darth Kruhl
    Darth Maleval
    Darth Nyriss
    Darth Phobos
    Darth Scabrous
    Freedon Nadd
    Lord Adraas
    Marka Ragnos
    Naga Sadow
    Tulak Hord
    Rosh Penin
    Komari Vosa
    Sev'rance Tann
    Xanatos

And, as always - if you have questions regarding a character, please contact me or a judge prior to your drafting them - no changes will be made after the fact.

Following the first pick, please tag the next person in line, and each pick has 24 hours. Missed picks go to the end of the round, 2 missed picks means you're out.

Judges DarthIntegral and Yodaminch, if you could also help make sure the board is updated every few picks. I'll do my best to keep an eye on it.

Additionally, judges will provide at least one set of breakdowns (no maximum), at their chosen intervals. Like Heels, I will provide them after Rounds 2, 5, and 10.

2. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Jedi Knight Fett and Mikaboshi like this.
  3. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Thread title FTW.

Almost as much as Ahsoka FTW.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Can we not do a TFA thread title :p

Mikaboshi likes this.
  6. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Oh man. I have some studying to do to figure this game out. :p

Mikaboshi likes this.
  7. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Always pick Yaddle first if you can. Also, there is some kind of rule about Plo Koon, you should probably get him as well.

8. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009

That's not how the draft works:p

9. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I got a question: are Mortis people and the Priestesses from TCW available? Abeloth?

10. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

This is what I mean by sabatoge. :p

Darkslayer The Mortis people weren't in previous drafts, so I'm going to go with no. Also because your characters will be judged on the feats they've achieved in their appearances. So, the Mortis family would not have many feats to their resume and therefore wouldn't be great characters. That goes for th priestessess as well. See Mika's disdain for Plo Koon, and he has a few feats. Some of these guys detest Darth Nihilus for some reason. :p

As for Abeloth, I'll look into previous drafts as to why she was excluded, unless a vet can tell us why.

I almost spat out my coffee. :p

11. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I don't know what you mean. [face_whistling]

Darth_Furio likes this.
  12. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    "Prep does not allow bringing any other living beings into the arena, be it pets, buddies, or mothers."
    WTF? [face_laugh]

Anakin.Skywalker and Darkslayer like this.
  13. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Disagree on the Mortis people. They have incredible feats even considering their very limited screentime. Daughter performed a light side feat that has yet to be matched - physically catching lightning (and Son's lightning is very powerful), Son himself defeated Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Ahsoka in less than 15 seconds, and Father was able to restrain both Daughter and Son. And that's not even close to all of their feats. I think it's good that they are not included though - the game would be pretty unfair if so.

Also, are characters like Luke and Sidious carrying over feats from Legends, or is it new canon only?

Darth_Furio likes this.
  14. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Hey now, Empatojayos Brand is having a hard enough time as it is no need to bring his mother into all this.

My vote on including mortis people or abeloth: no

15. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Granted they have three episodes, but Anakin beat Son, and Obi-Wan beat Vader/Anakin soo...

Catching lightning can be done with a lightsabre and Yoda and Legends Luke absorbed it as well.

Legends Luke stays I think because we have no idea what TFA Luke is capable of. Sidious on the other hand, well, I'd like to know what people think. Legends Sidious or Canon Sidious who would still be a top three pick.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Darth_Furio

Are you still looking for a twelveth player?

17. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    No a twelveth, Mika is fourth. :p

Official Sign Up Sheets

1. Skywalker_T-65
    2. The Vanguard
    3. Point Given
    4. Mikaboshi
    5. Davak24
    6. DarkEagle
    7. Darkslayer
    8. cubman987
    9. Darth Tunick
    10. RX_Sith
    11. Evil Incarnate

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Yeah, I made a typo error. :oops: :p

Maybe one of my pals like AstroDroid88 could be number 12.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  19. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    The number one pick is so obvious

20. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  21. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Personally, I'm disinclined to let Mortis or Abeloth in. They don't have many feats to their names- no matter what said feats are -and are something of an Out of Context Problem compared to others. Since they're entities that are nothing like anyone else.

Also, Wolf is with Shado which means I can't do my Wolf/Kol Trump this time. Sad Sky is Sad. :(

( :p )

Mikaboshi and Darth_Furio like this.
  22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah I second not letting Mortis or Abeloth in.

Mikaboshi and Darth_Furio like this.
  23. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I really want to draft Darth Vader and Kylo Ren together, but Kylo is going to require more argument in these fights than I really have time to provide. :p

Evil.

24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    You're not actually serious about Snoke right? Because all we know is he nearly wet his pants when he found out the Resistance had the map to Luke and was really ticked that Rey resisted Kylo. So pretty much expect me to treat him the way I treated Talzin last draft before more material came out about her-not kindly.:p

To be clear, I would vote Thon over Snoke if it came to that because even Thon has more material to work with.

Darth_Furio and Mikaboshi like this.
  25. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I feel like feats get really overrated - for example, just because in Marvel TOAA does not have many feats, does that mean he is not the top dog?

Mikaboshi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.