main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 24th Jedi Draft - I will finish What Horax Started (Winner: DarkEagle!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_Furio , Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Blame the paper bag and the bits of paper with everyone's name on them. I just shake them up, the Force sorts them out :p

2. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Agreed!

Darth_Furio likes this.
  3. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    It'll even out as they all play each other. Everyone will get a turn at Tunick.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Numbers sent.

5. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    At least Kyle has home field advantage this time :p

Darth_Furio likes this.
  6. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    More juice for Vaylin and Senya TOR

They got to make movies out of this type of CG. Awesome.

7. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Woah, that was really good.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  8. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Say what you will about ToR, the trailers never fail.

9. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Jedi Knight Fett and Mikaboshi like this.
  10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I'm just interested in seeing where my first matches fall this time.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  11. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Well, I'm just going to use the numbers from the previous round. It's Thanksgiving Weekend here, I'll get up the first numbers tonight and I'll return to the boards on Tuesday.

Jedi Knight Fett and Mikaboshi like this.
  12. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Thanks Mikaboshi

ROUND 3: First Set of Matches 3, 6, 9

Match 1: Inter Conference Match

The Vanguard -Oh yeah? Watch This vs. Darkslayer - Batfleck > Superman

3. Exar Kun vs. 3. Nomi Sunrider/Thon
    6. Darth Angral/Lord Adraas vs. 6. Lord Hoth/Valenthyne Farfalla TRUMPED Senya Trall
    9. Gethzerion vs. 9. Darth Traya

Match 2: Conference Match

Mikaboshi - The X-Emperors vs. RX_Sith - The Chosen Ones

3. Mother Talzin TRUMPED Asajj Ventress vs 3. Jaina Solo
    6. Darth Malgus vs. 6. Anakin Solo (PREP)
    9. Lord Nyax vs. 9. Rey TRUMPED Tenal Ka

Match 3: Conference Match

DarkEagle - I heard that DE had an 8-pack, that DE was shredded vs. Evil Incarnate -People who did things... kind of

3. Darth Caedus vs. 3. Satele Shan
    6. Darth Zannah vs. 6. Aryn Leneer/Ven Zallow
    9. Vaylin TRUMPED Arcann vs. Nat Skywalker TRUMPED Kol Skywalker

Match 4: Conference Match

Skywalker_T-65 -May The Beard Be With You vs. Davak24 - The Marauders

3. Kyp Durron TRUMPED Corran Horn vs. 3. Luminara Unduli/Bariss Offee
    6. Dass Jennir vs. 6. Vergere
    9. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. 9. X2

Match 5: Conference Match

cubman987 - We Aren't the Cubs vs. DarthTunick -Coruscant Dogs

3. Mara Jade Skywalker vs. 3. Te Corso
    6. Ahsoka Tano vs. 6. Alora
    9. Vodo Siosk-Bass vs. 9. Nico Diath

Yodaminch DarthIntegral Point Given

13. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    On the one hand, bad draw with Obi-Wan there. Because it keeps him from other matches.

On the other, maybe I'm biased, but has Vergere done anything that says the chicken can beat even Dass? She's not a fighter by any stretch of the imagination. She's a manipulator. She's someone who uses words to do her fighting. She can sever the Force, perhaps, but Dass is one of those guys who will- after the disorientation -just keep on going. He's one of those Jedi (like Kyle) who can fight without relying on the Force.

As for the Trump v Trump match...well. Luminara and Bariss would have been the more cohesive team, and some of that is still there. But just ignoring outright what TCW did to Bariss is unfair. There is going to be some level of issue there, no matter how they used to get along. Kyp and Corran? Sure, they aren't as cohesive as old Lumi/Bariss would have been.

But they are not going to have issues.

What issues those two had with each other burnt out years ago. They may snark at one another, but they'll have zero issues working together. Kyp has more raw power than anyone in this bout, and he's no slouch with his saber either. Corran may lack any notable TK, but he's an excellent duelist in his own right, with a lightsaber that the Old Jedi won't be prepared for. As I've said before, the Temple Run in FOTJ boosted him up something fierce.

Lumi and Bariss are good. But I don't think they have the raw power to overpower Kyp while also dealing with Corran running interference. And they won't break the New Jedi's teamwork easily.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  14. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009

Nice, should be 3 wins

Mikaboshi likes this.
  15. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Not a very favorable matchup overall, but it could have been worse.

Satele has a ton of raw power and plenty of skill to back it up, but Caedus is better with both raw power AND skill. However we also have to take into account that this battle is taking place inside probably the most powerful force nexus that's ever existed. Both of them should be relatively even in force power thanks to respective boosts from the Valley of the Jedi, and I could totally see this fight going either way, though with Caedus having the edge if the fight doesn't go on too long.

Now Darth Zannah vs. Aryn Leneer/Ven Zallow is a much tougher call. They both matched up with the much better Darth Malgus, and I think they might just have it in them to take her down since she doesn't have her prep to rely on. Zannah is good, but she loses a lot if she can't prepare herself for a battle. We see from all of her fights that she's no slouch in single combat, but contending with two skilled Jedi will give her more trouble that she's used to. This duo should be more than enough to take her down.

Vaylin TRUMPED Arcann vs. Nat Skywalker TRUMPED Kol Skywalker
    I can't say I know much about the TOR trump here aside from them being Vitiate's children. So we essentially have the descendants of two powerful bloodlines facing off here. I do not see the Sith trump fighting together as well as Kol and Nat though seeing as Sith are always trying to one-up each other. My trump on the other hand are both very skilled Jedi Masters who grew up and trained together.
    For Kol, it took and entire pile of Stormtroopers and Sith Warriors to even give Darth Nihl a chance to catch him from behind, and before that we see Kol casually kicking Nihl's pasty faced butt(literally just started re-reading Legacy, Nihl was a punk compared to Kol). When you trump Nihl with like 20 other Sith and a bunch of stormtroopers, he's bound to get a lucky shot off on even most 2nd or 3rd rounders in this game. Another note, considering that he taught Cade how to user Shatterpoint as a force ghost, it should be safe to assume that he himself was proficient with the skill.
    For Nat, out of all the opponents (sith or otherwise) he faced in his life, it took a ship literally crashing into him to take him out. But even that didn't stop him from taking out half of the Sith fleet with a combined force blast from himself and that tree Jedi. He should have no problem throwing around telekinetic blasts like a freight train here in the Valley.

Evil.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Initial Leans ...

The Vanguard -Oh yeah? Watch This vs. Darkslayer - Batfleck > Superman

3. Exar Kun vs. 3. Nomi Sunrider/Thon
    6. Darth Angral/Lord Adraas vs. 6. Lord Hoth/Valenthyne Farfalla TRUMPED Senya Trall
    9. Gethzerion vs. 9. Darth Traya

Match 2: Conference Match

Mikaboshi - The X-Emperors vs. RX_Sith - The Chosen Ones

3. Mother Talzin TRUMPED Asajj Ventress vs 3. Jaina Solo - Arguments, please?
    6. Darth Malgus vs. 6. Anakin Solo (PREP) - Arguments, Please?
    9. Lord Nyax vs. 9. Rey TRUMPED Tenal Ka - Arguments, Please?

Match 3: Conference Match

DarkEagle - I heard that DE had an 8-pack, that DE was shredded vs. Evil Incarnate -People who did things... kind of

3. Darth Caedus vs. 3. Satele Shan
    6. Darth Zannah vs. 6. Aryn Leneer/Ven Zallow
    9. Vaylin TRUMPED Arcann vs. Nat Skywalker TRUMPED Kol Skywalker - Arguments, Please

Match 4: Conference Match

Skywalker_T-65 -May The Beard Be With You vs. Davak24 - The Marauders

3. Kyp Durron TRUMPED Corran Horn vs. 3. Luminara Unduli/Bariss Offee
    6. Dass Jennir vs. 6. Vergere - Arguments, Please?
    9. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. 9. X2

Match 5: Conference Match

cubman987 - We Aren't the Cubs vs. DarthTunick -Coruscant Dogs

3. Mara Jade Skywalker vs. 3. Te Corso
    6. Ahsoka Tano vs. 6. Alora
    9. Vodo Siosk-Bass vs. 9. Nico Diath

17. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I'll pull something together later when I'm not operating on three hours of sleep.

18. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Work has recently ramped up a lot, I'll have a lil something to post later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Mother Talzin TRUMPED Asajj Ventress vs 3. Jaina Solo - Arguments, please?
    Darth Malgus vs. 6. Anakin Solo (PREP) - Arguments, Please?
    Lord Nyax vs. 9. Rey TRUMPED Tenal Ka - Arguments, Please?

I'll have some stuff up for all 3 later, I don't really see the last two as all that close but the first one for sure.

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Can i argue the Traya fight when I have time Inty?

21. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009

I would

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    You can. I mean. The other judges are almost certainly going to vote for Traya. I just have an extreme Traya bias. She beats Plo Koon, but ...

Prep on the young Solo makes it at least interesting. Anakin has seen a lot of stuff. A lot. And my Anti-Nyax bias is probably showing. I mean, he beats Traya, but ...

23. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Yeah, but Rey has what? She beat a wounded Ren who was bleeding out from a nasty wound he took earlier, and who had just got done beating a stormtrooper (and not in a dominant or impressive way).

Rey has nothing on Nyax, like at all. Honestly, Rey doesn't have anything on Traya or Koon either. She just really has nothing.

Tenel Ka? Meh.

I'll do something more formal later though, especially on the ones with Malgus and the Nightsister trump.

24. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Traya is a terrible duelist. She even knows this, which is why she summons the help of floating lightsabers to help her fight the Exile. Her force powers are formidable but not near as powerful as Gethzerion.

Traya loses to the Exile, and Sion, and Nihlus..
    Gethzerion lost to Luke Skywalker, after almost beating him.

Luke > the Exile

That's my birdshot snippet.

25. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Really? What is it about Zannah that makes her good enough to take out this trump without any arguments? Aryn did a solo run on Malgus that nearly ended in her victory, and most likely would have ended in her victory if she hadn't left the first fight to kidnap Malgus' girlfriend. Very stupid of her to do that, but she wasn't exactly thinking straight at that time. Here though, she is in perfect harmony and fighting with her Jedi Master, not to mention that her already incredible force assisted leaps(50 meters at a time, pretty much clearing buildings in a single bound at this point), increased strength(casually throwing Malgus around like a doll with one hand), and her powerful force blasts will be MUCH stronger in the Valley of the Jedi.
    Viewing the fight between Ven and Malgus, as well as reading it in the book, it is obvious that Ven has a very similar skillset to Aryn. This means that BOTH of my team will be hard to touch in this fight, especially since this is a two-on-one fight with the two perfectly in sync. This is a team that I see taking down Malgus together, and Malgus beats an unprepared Zannah 100% of the time.

Nat and Kol are two of the most powerful Legacy era Jedi, and while we could stand to see a lot more of both of their stories, they sadly don't actually exist anymore. :( This doesn't stop them from being able to take down this pompous royal duo however. What we have seen from the pair is rather impressive, and ended up being defining moments that shaped Cade Skywalker.
    If Kol had not been on Ossus, the entire Jedi Order would have been snuffed out in one single battle. He alone turned the tide long enough for all of the children and a good number of Knights and Masters to escape with their lives. He literally made a hill out of Sith and Stormtrooper corpses before finally being overwhelmed by trump consisting of Darth Nihl plus 20 some Sith Warriors and a plethora of Stormtroopers. While Darth Nihl isn't the most powerful Sith of that era, he was no slouch, and was a warlord of considerable prowess before ever becoming a Sith. If anyone in that era could take down a powerful Jedi Grand Master with 20+ people helping him do it, Nihl would be the one I put my money on. Heck, Krayt would probably end up dropping from that kind of trump too. But Kol isn't facing that many people this time, there are only two, and he has his brother to help him.
    Like I mentioned before, this fight being in the Vally of the Jedi more than pushes this fight in the Skywalker's favor. Their already impressive force abilities will only be magnified 10 fold, and their family bond is more than enough to ensure they will be fighting in perfect sync and with great efficiency.

Evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.