main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 25 Best Horror Films of the Aughts: 1. Pulse.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Nevermind, Oct 28, 2011.

1. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    this was a great list. Halloween 2 making the list sealed it for me. i almost made the mistake of believing the mainstream dumping on this one and im glad i didnt. amazing film. Brad Dourif is one best actors around too - supporting or otherwise, in big or low budgets. i thought the remake of The Hills Have Eyes should have made the list and id throw in Drive too although its not wholly a horror film ( or maybe it is, its very debatable which is one of the reasons its so fascinating ).

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I didn't dislike Zombie's first Halloween movie although I objected to attempting to remake such a masterpiece as Carpenter's original movie.

But the sequel was ridiculous. Most of it made no sense, what with the ghost mother and horse always appearing. It was like some hippy acid trip when all I wanted to see was Myers go around butchering people. Myers is great because he is unrelenting and in the original movies you don't need some explanation of why he is messed up, you just know he is. Myers ceased to be human long before he escaped incarceration, hence his inability to die.