main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 25th Jedi Draft - The Silver Anniversary Edition!! (Champion: Point Given!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_Furio , Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Location? We starting in Oakland or Cleveland?

Damn, that was almost exactly what Inty needed.

2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I was going to announce it at first numbers but...

Nar Shaddaa

[​IMG]

3. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Yeah, let's do a fighty matchy thing to determine the SecondBest non-winner. I'll send in some numeros later tonight.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    2nd Loser Numbers in! Good luck, Wang!

5. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  6. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Can we take a moment to appreciate just how... historically unsuccessful PG's team is? Not to dump on you or anything- I'm just a stats guy that loves weird trivia like this lol. Revan and Vader have been around for ages in this draft and between them have won only one championship. The other de facto first-rounders that have that few are Vitiate (1) and Starkiller (0), and they were only added a few drafts ago. Mace has 2, but everyone else is at 3+. You also have Depa Billaba, who, at 0-6 (!) in championships (overall, not her individual fights), is the single character with the worst championship match record. Ouch. Overall your team members have won 10 title matches... and lost 19 (0.345). The only other semifinal team sub .500 was Inty's, at 26-27 (Wang: .658; DE: .714). Props for making it to this point with this bunch of washed-up almost-wons :p Disney is just waiting for you to win so they can ink you for the feel-good movie deal

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  8. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Just felt like tempting fate and giving your team some white board material <3

Point Given likes this.
  9. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Greatest...Draft Post...Ever.

10. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Championship Round

Numbers 2, 7, 9

Third place game...

@DarthIntegral vs. @Wang Chi

2. Luke Skywalker TRUMPED W/ Nomi Sunrider/Thon vs. 2. Ahsoka Tano (PREP)
    7. Satele Shan vs. 7. Kit Fisto/Aayla Secura
    9. Shigar Koshi TRUMPED with Kam Solusar vs. 9. Obi-Wan Kenobi

THE FINALS

@Point Given vs. @DarkEagle

2. K'Kruhk vs. 2. Darth Zannah
    7. Desann/Tavion Axmis vs. 7. Darth Traya (prep)
    9. Vestara Khai/Gavar Khai vs. 9. Lord Kaan/Lord Kas'im

BookExogorth likes this.
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    To be fair, my #2 that I sent via PM is actually

Luke Skywalker (drinking green milk from Acho-to) TRUMPED wtih Nomi Sunrider and the delicious remains of Thon

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  12. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Just begging for likes aren't you? :p

13. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    He got mine.

Evil.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  15. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Not who I wanted to hit Luke, but this'll work.

See, now that she knows of and can access the "world between worlds", Ahsoka (along with Ezra I guess) now claims the mantle of "best prep in the draft".

First thing's first, she pops her head into Old Ben's hut for a quick chat. Luke needs to be neutralized, and while the fate of the galaxy may be at stake, it's super important that we win this match. Ben agrees, they share a few drinks and she's off to step two.

She then visits another fellow teammate, Arca Jeth, over on Onderon. She lets him in on the plan and he agrees to help as well. He's all like "This is gonna be so boss lmao!", they high five and she's off again.

Next stop is the nest where Thon was hatched (Thons come from eggs, right?). *yoink* Ahsoka is now in possession of Thon in egg form.

Now that Thon has been erased from the timeline, when Andur Sunrider dies, his Force ghost to Nomi is all like "Ummm, go see Arca Jeth I suppose." So Nomi goes to Arca for training instead, but he's all like "Nah, sorry, not taking on any more n00bs right now, but why don't you just take a look over the edge of that cliff over there...". And then she's like "wut? y tho?". And so he says "Just do it lol!". So she peeks over aaaaannnnd...

And that's now the career of one Nomi Sunrider. No training, no nothing for her.

So it's back to Tatooine for Ahsoka, where, frankly, it'd be just too easy to push him into the path of a speeder or something. No need to kill the guy. We can do better. See, unbeknownst to all of us except for Old Ben Kenobi, Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru were hardcore gun enthusiasts. Both of them certified instructors with the TBA (Tatooine Blaster Association). And it turns out the only reason they were killed by the stormtroopers in ANH was that they were caught unawares (Luke didn't get out of the house very often and it happened to be nookie time). But now Ahsoka is aware of their skills and decides to warn them.

With knowledge that their home is about to be invaded by stormtroopers, what ends up happening something more like this:

And Beru's on the other side of the house like:

So they clean up the place and bury the bodies and Luke comes home to dinner like normal, because Ben didn't mention anything about The Force or Anakin and tells Luke it's best just to stay on Tatooine and be a moisture farmer. So that's what he does and that's all he is. Just some grumpy ol' never-was

And what to do with the Thon egg? What to do, what to do...

So we need an edit on that matchup. Now it should read Ahsoka Tano vs. Some Moisture Farmer TRUMPED with a Grieving Widow/Thomelette

Ahsoka shouldn't have much trouble now.

16. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Fairly straightforward:

K'kruhk dies for good

Desann may look like a dinosaur, but Traya is as old as one and age > beauty [face_mischief] For real though, neither of her opponents are particularly skilled in the Force. Traya with prep, in a locale that she has previously exploited in the Force to her advantage, with lots of hidey-holes (she's rather good at sneaking), plus floaty lightsabers. Might be tough, but Traya should manage a win here.

Gavar doesn't do much, dies, and then Vestara is in real trouble.

17. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Traya? Please. Wow 3 lightsabers for 2 people, including a dude who went toe to toe with Luke Skywalker and Kyle Katarn. Desann will throw Tavion at the sabers and close in and rip her apart with his dinosaur teeth.

Speaking of people going toe to toe with Skywalkers....it's the Khais! And on the other side we have Kaan who sucks and Kas'im who we are told over and over again is a lightsaber god, but never shows it in battle. Tulak Hord 2.0 if you will. Advantage Khais.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  18. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    3 > 2, Traya wins, QED.
    Ouch, gotta clean up that pronoun-antecedent linkage; poor Tavion might be dino-food :(
    Please, Kas'im has demonstrated well more saber skill in his showings against Bane than either Khai has done. Gavar was always laughably outclassed (and the only reason he lasted as long as he did was because Taalon was there). Vestara survived more due to "luckily being the writers' Abeloth's favorite" than anything else. She never really went mano a mano against any of them.

19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Let's be fair. All four suck. Vestara just sucks the least because of her page time. This is Traya v Kam part 2. :oops:

As to Desann v Traya...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KenKenobi likes this.
  20. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Listen everyone, Traya in Galaxy of Heroes is a beast!! :p

21. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Judgement please.

@Yodaminch
    @KenKenobi
    @Evil Incarnate

Championship Round

Numbers 2, 7, 9

Third place game...

THE FINALS

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Championship Round

Numbers 2, 7, 9

Third place game...

Ezra can't save her this time. And she can't Gandalf her way out of it either.

But seriously, why waste time trumping Luke? Was it to add insult to injury?

Winner: Luke

Would have liked an argument here. I'm torn because we've seen some impressive feats by Satele but both Kit and Aayla are solid fighters. With a two on one strategy, could they win? I don't know. But prep would help with that. Since they are not prepared, I am going with Satele

Winner: Satele Shan

Winner:
    [​IMG]

THE FINALS

The hat is powerful, but as mentioned when I voted against K'kruhk last time, the win record is sparse. Zannah is more powerful, more skilled and a better duelist. K'kruhk dies and she takes the hat.

Winner: Zannah

So what benefits does Traya get with prep? Seriously, looking at her character, I don't see anything that gives her a huge edge over Desann and Tavion. True, these opponents are far from the greatest, but most of Traya's edge is in the prep but using the Exile to her advantage. Here, no Exile to exploit. I don't think she can take two opponents one handed with three telekinetic sabers either. She might take out Tavion or Desann, but I just can't see both, even with the prep.

In the round of sucking the least, Vestara takes it. Gavar and Kaan probably kill each other. That leaves Vestara and Kas'im. Let's let osmosis apply here and assume Vestara learned things by being around Luke and Ben plus all their trips and the fact she survives all those duels plus the potential Ship and Luke recognized in her. Vestara kills Kas'im and is the sole survivor of this duel.

Winner: Vestara

23. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Ok, I think we've (finally) been memeing too much around here. Neither Vestara nor Kas'im actually "suck" (nor does Traya or Desann) and both are actually quite decent to good. Gavar, yeah, is kinda just there and Kaan doesn't have too much going for him, but this is far far from a "suck-fest" of a fight. Vestara has shown some impressive bits at being able to survive against crazy situations and Kas'im has earned his reputation as being one of the greatest swordsmen the galaxy has seen. Ever.
    Show me something Vestara has done, on her own, that warrants being able to match Kas'im blade for blade.
    If you're going to make something up, at least post some textual evidence for your starting point.
    Traya is far from requiring the Exile to be able to do anything. She "once held the galaxy by it's throat" well before the Exile came into the picture. Prep gives her plenty of time to case the battlefield (and she's rather familiar with how the Force works on Nar Shadaa) and plan her traps (which she's quite good at). You're forgetting that her knowledge of the Force dwarfs what Desann and Tavion know about it - she was a Master for a long time and spent that time probing the mysteries of the Force. And that pays off in her Force abilities- she has quite the variety and is able to do a number on the Exile during their fight. She also is well capable of handling Sith assassins, murder droids, Mandalorian warriors, elite bounty hunters, etc. She's not near as useless as you seem to think.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Darth_Furio likes this.
  24. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Hey dudes I’m in Thailand (and saw some remarkably Ach-To-ish islands, no porgs or Luke milk or Thon burgers tho...that I know of)

Gimme a day or two to judge? (Unless Evil agrees with everything I guess lol)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    1) the funny way I phrased it in submitting numbers amused me
    2) to ensure that @KenKenobi had to vote for Thon. Again.

cubman987 and Yodaminch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.