main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The 25th Jedi Draft - The Silver Anniversary Edition!! (Champion: Point Given!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_Furio , Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    And now to wait for the next matches

2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Round Four - Final Results

Numbers 1, 3, 7

Rebel Division

Point Given (1) vs. Skywalker_T-65 (2)

1. Vestara Khai/Gavar Khai vs. 1. Gnost Dural (PREP)
    3. Arcann vs. 3. Ulic Qel-Droma
    7. Darth Vader vs. 7. Anakin Skywalker

DarthIntegral (2) vs. ma_petite (1)

1. Satele Shan vs. 1. Corran Horn TRUMPED W/ Neeja Halcyon
    3. Luke Skywalker vs. 3. Rey
    7. Kam Solusar vs. 7. Adi Gallia trumped with Saesee Tiin

Mikaboshi (2) vs. RX_Sith (1)

1. Lumiya vs. 1. Zekk
    3. Darth Caedus vs. 3. Roan Fel
    7. Lord Nyax trumped w/ Joruus C'baoth vs. 7. Kyle Katarn (PREP)

Empire Division

Wang Chi (3) vs. BookExogorth (0)

1. Oppo Rancisis/Ki-Adi Mundi trumped with Fay vs. 1. Ferus Olin
    3. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. 3. Count Dooku
    7. Qui-Gon Jinn trumped with Arca Jeth vs. 7. Luminara Unduli/Barriss Offee

The Vanguard (1) vs, PRENNTACULAR (2)

1. Vodo Siosk Bass vs. 1. Galen Marek
    3. Marasiah Fel TRUMPED Azlyn Rae vs. 3. Octa Ramis TRUMPED with Lowbacca / Tesar
    7. Yoda vs. 7. Lord Hoth / Valenthyne Farfalla

DarkEagle (1) vs. cubman987 (2)

1. Sora Bulq vs. 1. Darth Azard/Darth Havok TRUMPED Darth Stryfe
    3. Darth Sidious vs. 3. Darth Talon/Darth Nihl
    7. Jerec/Sariss vs. 7. Darth Sion TRUMPED Darth Nihilus

________________________________________________________________________________

Round Four

Numbers

2, 5, 8, 10

Rebel Division

2. The Exile (PREP) vs. 2. Ben Skywalker
    5. Depa Billaba/Agen Kolar vs. 5. Cade Skywalker
    8. Antares Draco/Ganner Krieg vs. 8. Zayne Carrick TRUMPED with Celeste Morne
    10. Revan vs. 10. Aryn Leneer/Ven Zallow

2. Shigar Koshi vs. 2. Sharad Hett
    5. Tott Doneeta/Cay Qel-Droma TRUMPED W/ Nomi Sunrider/Thon vs. 5. Kenth Hamner
    8. Nomi Sunrider/Thon TRUMPED W/ Tott Doneeta/Cay Qel-Droma (FORFEIT) vs. 8. Tenal Ka
    10. Jaden Korr vs. 10. Cilghal

2. Darth Malgus vs. 2. Jolee Bindo/Juhani
    5. Savage Opress vs. 5. Githany
    8. 5th Brother/7th Sister vs. 8. Asajj Ventress
    10. Darth Nyriss/Darth Baras vs. 10. Kanan Jarus/Ezra Bridger

Empire Division

2, Saba Sebatyne vs. 2. Brakisss
    5. Kit Fisto/Aayla Secura vs. 5. Kar Vastor
    8. Fay trumped with Oppo Rancisis/Ki-Adi Mundi (FORFEIT) vs. 8. Grand Inquisitor
    10. Leia Organa-Solo (prepared) vs. 10. Darth Maladi Trumped with Darth Marr

2. Kyp Durron (PREP) vs. 2. Sarro Xaj / TRUMPED with Tahiri Veila / Ikrit
    5. Azlyn Rae TRUMPED Marasiah Fel vs. 5. Jaina Solo
    8. Kerra Holt vs. 8. Shaak Ti
    10. Rahm Kota vs. 10. Reynar Thul

2. Sarasu Taalon trumped w/ Viun Gaalan vs. 2. Darth Stryfe TRUMPED Darth Azard/Darth Havok (FORFEIT)
    5. Darth Krayt vs. 5. Exar Kun (Prep)
    8. Darth Zannah vs. 8. Darth Malak
    10. Lord Kaan/Lord Kas'im vs. 10. Darth Vitiate

3. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Azlyn/Fel should be a forfeit against Jaina-- and too bad cause great-grandaughter-Jaina vs. Jaina would've been fun! And probably a blowout but whatever.

PS most of these seem clear cut, it's the:

Imp Knights vs. KotOR Trump
    Shigar vs. Sharad
    Nyriss/Baras vs. Rebels
    Krayt vs. prepped Kun

...that I'm most interested in. Arg away on any though!

4. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    These are best matches- when two scrubs that no one really cares about face off. Sure, Anakin vs Vader and whatnot are exciting, but c'mon everyone's argued those top tier fights on the playground etc. The Jedi Draft is the only place you get barnburners like this

5. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Darth Krayt vs. Exar Kun prepped makes me want to get back into the game. :)

The Vanguard likes this.
  6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Shigar Koshi vs. Sharad Hett

Let's go to the Tale of the Tape

Master

Who you learn from is of utmost importance when there are minimal feats to demonstrate your own prowess. Koshi learned from Satele Shan. Hett learned from Eeth Koth. Advanage: Koshi

Famous Relatives:

Sharad Hett has Darth Krayt. Who also served as his apprentice. Shigar Koshi has Shigar jr. Advantage: Hett

Name Sounds Like ...

Something that's okay for Jewish people to smoke (Cigar Kosher). Headgear to pass along among friends (Shared Hat). Advantage: Koshi, barely.

Facial Hair:

Koshi has a kick-ass beard, clearly showing him on a Kenobi-level for facial hair. Hett has a bald head and a bald chin. Advantage: Koshi

Best Showing with a Lightsaber:

Hett: Survies a battle with Aurra Sing
    Koshi: doesn't die fighting a pooka sith and a mandalorian at the same time.
    Advantage: Push

Best Showing with the Force:

Koshi: Uses Force Lightning
    Hett: Lives with the Tuskens.
    Advantage: Hett

Final score: Koshi 3, Hett 2, Tie 1.

DarkEagle likes this.
  7. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    What?

Evil.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    I'll shoot to get something up for the Krayt-Kun match; not sure what my schedule is like though

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    It's an argument. On the very clear bricks upon which Star Wars is built.

"Famous Relative" "Facial Hair" and "Name Sounds Like" might seem like errant, flippant, joke categories to evaluate on, but I assure you, within the Star Wars Mythos, they are not.

"Famous Relative"

in the very first movie, we are introduced to the idea of bloodlines being important (the conversation between Luke and Obi-Wan before Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru are charred). This is reinforced in the second (there is another Skywalker), and even more so in the third (you have a sister? the Force is strong in my family ...). And then we are beat to death over the head with this concept in the original EU. It's clearly a discussion point worth having.

"Facial Hair"

Which of these would you pick to win?

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

I rest my case on the argument of facial hair being important.

(and the answer is [​IMG])

"Name Sounds Like"

No. really. This is important in the Star Wars Universe, where what you are named often dictates much of your personality. Consider ...

Elan Sleazebaganno - a Sleaze bag
    Savage Opress - a Savage, who wants to Opress
    Porkins - a fat pilot
    Droopy McCool - a cool horn player
    General Grievous - He's horrible

10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I plan to have an argument for Exar Kun over Darth Krayt but it's such a good match in my mind the real difference might just be the prep.

11. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking: Krayt > Kun (no prep), but that's not the case. So is the prep enough?

More detailed version coming tomorrow

12. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    Krayt v Kun

Advantages for Krayt
    • Quality of Opponents. Kun's best showing is going even against Ulic yeah? Then Vodo, then some nobodies. Krayt has shown he has what it takes to go toe-to-toe with Kenobi, stand up to Abeloth, and get some good hits in against Luke. Plus tangling with Cade and stomping Wyyrlock.
    • Saber style. One of Kun's go-to tricks is to manipulate the length of his double saber to catch people off-guard, which is less effective against someone like Krayt who uses two sabers (if he over-extends with one saber, he can still defend with the other).
    • Wider experience. Krayt's faced Sith Alchemy before (Muur talisman, Wyyrlock), Abeloth, Vong, Jedi, IKs, and other Sith. He knows how to adapt to face different threats.
    • Location advantage. They're on Tatooine- Krayt spent years living there. He knows how to deal with the heat; Kun's gonna be calling for water breaks and orange slices before too long. All those big heavy fancy robes ain't doing him any favors. Plus Tatooine is the site of some of Krayt's biggest moments on his path to the darkside- Sing killing his father, losing to Kenobi- helps him remember those feelings and fuel his darkside connection.
    This is a close match between two guys that are pretty even in power level- it'll probably go on quite a while. But I think Krayt's advantages in facing off against other top-tier opponents and the location experience should be enough for him to handle Kun here.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  13. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    As much as I hate to admit it. That's a good argument DarkEagle Krayt's stock went up after the last batch of old canon novels. Also, girls and guys I'm going away this week end with my daughter. I'll be back Monday.

14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014

- It's true, Krayt loses to a lot of quality opponents (and Kun is a quality opponent)......and he didn't stomp Wyyrlock, that fight spanned several pages and Wyyrlock held his own until Krayt tricked him.
    - Kun is one of the best saber wielder ever. He doesn't need tricks to fight Krayt and as he's going to be ready for Krayt's 2 lightsaber attack, I don't see any advantage there.
    - I'll give you this one, he's fought more variety - not sure it matters that much but he does have that going for him.
    - I'd give you this if they were actually fighting in the desert or amongst the Tuskens or anywhere that he had lived....but they are in Jabba's palace. None of the armored or heavily clothed riff raff in Jabba's palace seemed bothered by the heat inside so while it might not necessarily be air conditioned inside I imagine it's not going to effect Kun, don't really see an advantage here.

The real advantage is Kun is prepped. He's already one of the most powerful Sith ever, and as DE mentions this is a close fight - I think the difference comes down to the prep.

15. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
  16. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Rebel Division

8. Antares Draco/Ganner Krieg vs. 8. Zayne Carrick TRUMPED with Celeste Morne - I think it's hands the discipline of the Imp Knights that give them the win here.

2. Shigar Koshi vs. 2. Sharad Hett - In the battle of Vague vs. Vague, Vague wins.
    5. Tott Doneeta/Cay Qel-Droma TRUMPED W/ Nomi Sunrider/Thon vs. 5. Kenth Hamner - This is one hammer they will definitely be touching.
    8. Nomi Sunrider/Thon TRUMPED W/ Tott Doneeta/Cay Qel-Droma (FORFEIT) vs. 8. Tenal Ka

2. Darth Malgus vs. 2. Jolee Bindo/Juhani - Malgus might kill himself 1/10 matches because of Jolee's cranky old man jokes.
    5. Savage Opress vs. 5. Githany - As much as I hate both him AND his name, at least he's done something.
    10. Darth Nyriss/Darth Baras vs. 10. Kanan Jarus/Ezra Bridger - No way the rebel squad takes out two full fledged sith.

Empire Division

5. Kit Fisto/Aayla Secura vs. 5. Kar Vastor - This one could have stood for some arguing for me, but I honestly think this pair could take him.
    8. Fay trumped with Oppo Rancisis/Ki-Adi Mundi (FORFEIT) vs. 8. Grand Inquisitor

2. Sarasu Taalon trumped w/ Viun Gaalan vs. 2. Darth Stryfe TRUMPED Darth Azard/Darth Havok (FORFEIT)
    5. Darth Krayt vs. 5. Exar Kun (Prep) - Kun takes this every time with prep IMO.

Evil.

17. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Agreed but going Krayt, I do think Kun is a worthy opponent with his amulets but hear DE that his quality of experience/saberwork is better-- I see Cade as much more powerful than even an amped Kun, and Krayt can hang with that.

Also, crucially, any Sith poisons are gonna be tough to administer given Krayt's vonduun crab armor.

And bonus points to Inty's arg.

18. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Sorry, I’ve had the bad combination of being sick most of the last week, plus being in the final days of student teaching. Not a lot of free time.

19. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Yodaminch

20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Kun with prep is impressive. But for me, peak Krayt is resurrected Krayt. We're talking about someone who basically achieved the ultimate sith goal: Coming back from death whole and better than before. His skills as a duelist were enough to hold his own against Obi-Wan Kenobi for a bit. And they only grew from there. He briefly hung with Luke even during the whole Abeloth mess. And then yes, he held his own against Cade for quite a while. So he's no slouch. True he isn't prepared, but in his quest for curing his ailment, he pretty much consulted every known sith lord's history. I'm not sure what prep does for Kun in that area. I think when it comes down to the power and skill factors, Krayt eeks out a win.

Sorry for the delay in getting this up. Was in a divisional training all day.

21. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Round Four

Numbers

2, 5, 8, 10

Final Results

Rebel Division

Point Given (4) vs. Skywalker_T-65 (3)

8. Antares Draco/Ganner Krieg vs. 8. Zayne Carrick TRUMPED with Celeste Morne

DarthIntegral (5) vs. ma_petite (2)

2. Shigar Koshi vs. 2. Sharad Hett
    5. Tott Doneeta/Cay Qel-Droma TRUMPED W/ Nomi Sunrider/Thon vs. 5. Kenth Hamner

Mikaboshi (5) vs. RX_Sith (2)

2. Darth Malgus vs. 2. Jolee Bindo/Juhani
    5. Savage Opress vs. 5. Githany
    10. Darth Nyriss/Darth Baras vs. 10. Kanan Jarus/Ezra Bridger

Empire Division

Wang Chi (6) vs. BookExogorth (1)

5. Kit Fisto/Aayla Secura vs. 5. Kar Vastor

The Vanguard (3) vs, PRENNTACULAR (4)

DarkEagle (4) vs. cubman987 (3)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Round Four

Numbers

4, 6, 9

Final Results

Rebel Division

4. Bastila Shan vs. 4. Wolf Sazen/Shado Vao
    6. Desann/Tavion Axmis vs. 6. Celeste Morne TRUMPED with Zayne Carrick (FORFEIT)
    9. K'Kruhk vs. 9. Nat Skywalker

4. Ganner Rhysode TRUMPED with Kol Skywalker vs. 4. Neeja Halcyon trumped with Corran Horn (FORFEIT)
    6. Mara Jade Skywalker (PREP) vs. 6. Kylo Ren
    9. Kol Skywalker TRUMPED with Ganner Rhysode (FORFEIT) vs. 9. Valin Horn/Jysella Horn

4. Joruus C'baoth trumped w/ Lord Nyax (FORFEIT) vs. 4. Sylvar Trumped with Raskta Lsu
    6. Mother Talzin (PREP) vs. 6. Mace Windu
    9. Lord Scourge vs. 9. Raskta Lsu Trumped with Sylvar (FORFEIT)

Empire Division

4. Ahsoka Tano vs. 4. Darth Maul (PREP)
    6. Tresina Lobi vs. 6. Darth Plagueis
    9. Arca Jeth trumped with Qui-Gon Jinn (FORFEIT) vs. 9. Darth Marr Trumped with Darth Maladi (FORFEIT)

4. Tsui Choi/Bultar Swan vs. 4. Lowbacca / Tesar TRUMPED with Octa Ramis (FORFEIT)
    6. Quinlan Vos TRUMPED An'ya Kuro vs. 6. Tahiri Veila / Ikrit TRUMPED with Sarro Xaj (FORFEIT)
    9. An'ya Kuro TRUMPED Quinlan Vos (FORFEIT) vs. 9. Anakin Solo (PREP)

4. Viun Gaalan trumped w/ Sarasu Taalon (FORFEIT) vs. 4. Darth Wyyrlok (III)
    6. Vaylin vs. 6. Darth Nihilus TRUMPED Darth Sion (FORFEIT)
    9. Darth Traya (PREP) vs. 9. Darth Bane

BookExogorth likes this.
  22. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016

for reals?
    [​IMG]

Point Given likes this.
  23. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Easy one to wrap up

PG vs. Sky

Wolf/Shado over Bastila— I could be see being swayed the other way given how much xp Bastila could *conceivably* have, but this is a cohesive duo that can keep the pressure on
    Desann/Tavion via forfeit
    K’Kruhk over Nat

Inty vs. sey

Ganner/Kol via forfeit
    Mara (prep) over Kylo— This could be an awesome one in the future, also it’s kinda her pseudo-nephew kind of!
    Valin/Jysella via forfeit

Mika vs. RX

Sylvar/Raskta via forfeit
    Windu— Just don’t think Mace at his peak is going down here, he's gonna be tough to prep for given his Shatterpoint ability to identify traps etc.
    Scourge via forfeit

Wang vs. BOE

Maul (prep) over Ahsoka— Doesn’t need the prep to take it, especially given he already scouted Tatooine once before
    Plags over Lobi
    Double-forfeit

Vandy vs. Prennifer

Forfeit city holy ****

DE vs. cubby

Wyyrlok via forfeit
    Vaylin via forfeit
    Bane over Kraya (prep)— The prep helps but he’s a monster and if he gets within an arm’s length she’s done

24. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    <<<KEN'S PICKS>>>

Round Four

Numbers

4, 6, 9

Final Results

Rebel Division

4. Bastila Shan vs. 4. Wolf Sazen/Shado Vao
    6. Desann/Tavion Axmis vs. 6. Celeste Morne TRUMPED with Zayne Carrick (FORFEIT)
    9. K'Kruhk vs. 9. Nat Skywalker

4. Ganner Rhysode TRUMPED with Kol Skywalker vs. 4. Neeja Halcyon trumped with Corran Horn (FORFEIT)
    6. Mara Jade Skywalker (PREP) vs. 6. Kylo Ren
    9. Kol Skywalker TRUMPED with Ganner Rhysode (FORFEIT) vs. 9. Valin Horn/Jysella Horn

4. Joruus C'baoth trumped w/ Lord Nyax (FORFEIT) vs. 4. Sylvar Trumped with Raskta Lsu
    9. Lord Scourge vs. 9. Raskta Lsu Trumped with Sylvar (FORFEIT)

Empire Division

6. Tresina Lobi vs. 6. Darth Plagueis
    9. Arca Jeth trumped with Qui-Gon Jinn (FORFEIT) vs. 9. Darth Marr Trumped with Darth Maladi (FORFEIT)

4. Tsui Choi/Bultar Swan vs. 4. Lowbacca / Tesar TRUMPED with Octa Ramis (FORFEIT)
    6. Quinlan Vos TRUMPED An'ya Kuro vs. 6. Tahiri Veila / Ikrit TRUMPED with Sarro Xaj (FORFEIT)
    9. An'ya Kuro TRUMPED Quinlan Vos (FORFEIT) vs. 9. Anakin Solo (PREP)

4. Viun Gaalan trumped w/ Sarasu Taalon (FORFEIT) vs. 4. Darth Wyyrlok (III)
    6. Vaylin vs. 6. Darth Nihilus TRUMPED Darth Sion (FORFEIT)
    9. Darth Traya (PREP) vs. 9. Darth Bane

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Disagree on Ahsoka v Maul. Ahsoka has overcome prepares opponents before. Prepping Maul was a good move, but especially given who she trained under and how she faired against Vader, gonna give it barely to Ahsoka

Agree on the rest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.