main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO THE 29TH MEETING

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JediKnightAlestor, May 22, 2005.

1. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    OKAY THE MEETING WILL BE AT. library 2:00pm
    THE MEETING WILL BE ON THE. 29 TH of MAY.
    :AFTERWARDS WELL WILL GO TO IHOP NORTH.
    THIS WILL BE THE MEETING. DO NOT BE LATE, OR YOU MIGHT MISS THE VOTING. EVERY ONE IS WELCOME TO SHOW UP.
    THANK YOU.

JEDI KNIGHT ALESTOR

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Directions to the library??

3. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    okay you come south bound on I-25 . Take the ABERIENDO exit. Then you will take a Right on Colorado. Then take the next left and you will be at the Library Parking lot.

JEDI KNIGHT ALESTOR

4. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    The library info:

Robert Hoag Rawlings Library
    100 East Abriendo Ave.
    Pueblo, CO 81004

So you can Mapquest it.
    Also you can go to www.pueblolibrary.org

You get into the Library on the West side of the North half but I don't know where exactly the meeting will be in the library. That info would probably be helpful. :)

5. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

We usually meet down stairs in the cafe or lobby. The meeting shouldn't take more than an hour tops. If we are not down stairs take the elevator to the 4th floor we had the last meeting there.
    Later Days...

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i hope there is room in the cafe. we scared the the poor guy at the desk last time.

7. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    If the cafe is to full we can always find another spot, its a big open space.

8. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Looks like we won't be making it...stupid graduation season... [face_frustrated]

9. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I hear ya. That's why we had to go to FL. At least I almost got enough sun to start getting a tan.

Still coming to Isabel's bday pahrtee?

10. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

We have made up Ballots for the voting. So everyone can vote privately. See ya all Sun.
    Later Days...

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Mac -- Should Kaety, Darth_Nast_T, and whoever else can't make it send proxy votes to you? I mean, not like it'll matter a whole lot -- if Zac is voted in, he can mysteriously "move out of town" and you can grow a goatee and assume his place. LOL.

Or maybe Zac could do that if you get voted...

Either way, there's still enough hair left on that head cast for me to use the DNA to start a Clone army...

Oh...was that out...loud?

12. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    hmmmm, i need to PM sarah about the vote. she was gonna set up the email thing. being impartial and all.

if you need fresh DNA for the army, im sure someone needs a giant head cast for something ;)

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I read "If you need fresh DNA for anything"...

And I stopped reading.

ROFL.

14. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
  15. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Zoom -our girls are SO EXCITED about Isabel's party - We'll definitely be there!

16. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    I think we need some campaign speach type posts here. If someone makes good enough promises, like a guarantee that ep. 7-9 will be made within the next 6 months or free ROTS DVDs for all (wide screen edition) or end to world hunger, I might make a special effort to come into town to vote (55 mile drive...).

Seriously, I have not met the folks running. So I have no idea who would be best for the job. Any vote I make with what I know at this time will be little more than a random toss of a coin.

17. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    OR.....

We could just have the candidates duel to the death with plastic light sabers in the middle of Abriendo ave...

Then we can declare the winner king by Divine Right...

(I would drive out to see that!)

18. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    the duel to the death, while promising, would get rudely interrupted by the police. i will see what i can come up with as far as the speech.

19. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    My first order of business would be to secure a meeting date. I know many have talked and voted in the thread, so I think we could just secure that date. And decide on a June meeting, since I doubt we would want to meet two weekends in a row.

i would also like to see a set meeting schedule. such as one month here then springs and then out east. each group who lives in the area can talk it over and decide on a place. like the springs ppl could decide on a nice cafe like that pikes perk place, the ptowners could decide on a gaming place and the ppl out east could pick a nice corn field J/k. i know you have a walmart out there ;)J/k again. these are just examples of course. the natives know the lay of their city much better.

I would also like to talk of upcoming events that we have in the next 6 months. As fas as cons go, we have the one down in mos alba, comic con in San Diego, D*con in Atlanta, Mile hi con, and one other in another city I believe. We also have the X wing returning to Denver (hopefully intact) as well as ROTS coming out on DVD. The new HP book and movie will be coming out for those who are interested in it. As well as people trying to get some gaming going. and the rennfest (possible tiki warrior interest?). I know this is quite a lot and our group has no possible way to do it all, but its food for thought.

another little thing that I would like to see done, and we can talk about it at the meeting. Can we change the title of Co-CR to like vice CR or something. Our group really does not have that much going on that we need 2 CRs. The vice can step in when the CR needs them. Like the vice pres.

In closing, i will create a Grand army of the FanForce. lord ZOOM. please begin cloning the soldiers.

I would gladly take any questions people have of me.

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Aye, Master Kiniggit Birrer of teh Lizzard Peple -- the army was actually commisioned 10 days ago by Sifo-Dyas.

It should be ready in ohhhhh...20 years.

Should be enough time for me to complete my orbital death ray gun...but I've recently outsourced construction to India and while it's only going to cost 1/10th the labor to build it (I've actually commisioned 2 because of the price drop) the Geonosians are having problems understanding the workers.

21. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    [face_laugh]

You're too much, Zoom!

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hope you guys have fun at the meeting. I've had some really terrible migranes the past couple days and the sunlight burns.

*hisses at sun and retreates into the shadows*

23. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    THe RSA set up the voting booth for those who cannot attend.

southerncoff@gmail.com

if any one needs to send in there vote, please submit it by 2:00 tommorrow. thats when the voting commences.

24. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Meeting Notes

CR Voting -- After a close race, votes for Jedi_Knight_Birr and Imperial_Birrer were TIED. Following a heated thumb wrestling match, a trip to the emergency room, and a blood transfusion, JKB emerged victorious as the new CR, with IB as the Vice-CR.

State Fair -- Talked about this briefly, but decided to come back to this at a later date after we know what the 501st is planning.

Bubonicon -- Con in NM during the same time as the State Fair. Myself, and a few others from other fan groups are planning on going, so this is an option, too.

Renfest -- Discussed, but no decisions made. RavLoc_Vos has created a Renfest thread for us to speak amongst ourselves.

Board Wrapper -- At this point, everyone seems to just want something clean and shiney, so I'll be contacting JGoC on Monday with the files and stylesheet once it's done. Might even be as soon as tonight.

25. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    New board wrapper coming shortly... :D