main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV The 3.5th Southern Nevada Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JediMasterRevan, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    That was a very interesting match, it is nice to see those once in a while.

2. Scondren

Scondren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2005

whooops. Yeah me = NYJ.

3. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    oh. hey dude. how's it going?

4. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    After 4 rounds...

Kessel Conference

Game 1

ObiJuan's Pride - 2 vs. I Less Than Three Jedi - 2

Game 2

The Pet Shop Boys - 4 vs. The White Warriors - 0

Game 3

Vader and the Vicious 5 - 2 vs. The inSIDIOUS SIX - 2

Correlia Conference

Game 1

Jaster-Fett's Squad - 0 vs. The Canadian Jedi Mounties - 4

Game 2

Kenobi's Talons: Fighting Darkness with Darkness - 2 vs. The Jedi Who Play Football blah, blah, blah... - 2

Game 3

The Army of Light - 0 vs. The Black Panthers - 4

Next number is 6.

Kessel Conference

Game 1

Juhani (forfeit) vs. Corran Horn

Game 2

Tott Doneeta (forfeit) vs. Exar Kun

Game 3

Brakiss vs. Darth Sidious

Correlia Conference

Game 1

Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Nihilus

Game 2

Kyp Durron vs. Barriss Offee (forfeit)

Game 3

Saba Sebatyne vs. The Exile

5. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Super easy round.

Corran over the forfeit
    Kun over the forfeit
    Sidious slices Brakiss
    Luke slices Nihilus
    Kyp over the forfeit
    The Exile over Saba in the only semi-close match of the round. Saba is good, but the nameless one is clearly better.

6. Scondren

Oct 5, 2005

Kessel Conference

Game 1

Juhani (forfeit) vs. Corran Horn

winner: Forfeit

Game 2

Tott Doneeta (forfeit) vs. Exar Kun

Slice!

winner: tatertotts

Game 3

Brakiss vs. Darth Sidious

Slice!

winner: Brakiss

Correlia Conference

Game 1

Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Nihilus

*devours force*

winner: Nihilus

Game 2

Kyp Durron vs. Barriss Offee (forfeit)

Slice!

winner: Barriss Offe

Game 3

Saba Sebatyne vs. The Exile

winner: The Exile(for real)

Or...I Agree with Shurron.

7. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    After 4 rounds...

Kessel Conference

Game 1

ObiJuan's Pride - 2 vs. I Less Than Three Jedi - 3

Game 2

The Pet Shop Boys - 4 vs. The White Warriors - 1

Game 3

Vader and the Vicious 5 - 2 vs. The inSIDIOUS SIX - 3

Correlia Conference

Game 1

Jaster-Fett's Squad - 1 vs. The Canadian Jedi Mounties - 4

Game 2

Kenobi's Talons: Fighting Darkness with Darkness - 3 vs. The Jedi Who Play Football blah, blah, blah... - 2

Game 3

The Army of Light - 0 vs. The Black Panthers - 5

Last number is... 4!

Kessel Conference

Game 1

Kavar vs. Vima Sunrider

Game 2

Jacen Solo vs. Freedon Nadd

Game 3

Tulak Hord vs. Darth Bandon

Correlia Conference

Game 1

Cin Drallig vs. Darth Maul

Game 2

Jaden Korr vs. Ki-Adi Mundi (forfeit)

Game 3

Yoda vs. Desann (forfeit)

8. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Kessel Conference

Match 1: Kavar vs. Vima Sunrider

Kavar's showing on Onderon is definitely enough to put him over Vima here-- he's got a mix of skill boosted by some power, and his dual sabers would make short work of the young Sunrider.

Winner: Kavar

Match 2: Jacen Solo vs. Freedon Nadd

Jacen Flow Walks all over him.

Winner: Jacen Solo

Match 3: Tulak Hord vs. Darth Bandon

Bandon is sooo teh r0xx0rz. In this match.

Winner: Darth Bandon

Corellia Conference

Match 1: Cin Drallig vs. Darth Maul

Poor Drallig's only notable asset is skill. And he fights freakin' Darth Maul here. Not too difficult of a match, though it might be an interesting bout to watch to study lightsaber technique.

Winner: Darth Maul

Match 2: Jaden Korr vs. Ki-Adi Mundi (forfeit)

Winner: Jaden Korr

Match 3: Yoda vs. Desann (forfeit)

Winner: Yoda

9. Scondren

Oct 5, 2005
    Kessel Conference

Game 1

Kavar vs. Vima Sunrider

Eh. I agree with Ken here. Possibly there will be comics/books that show Vima being like her mommy...but not yet.

winner: Kavar

Game 2

Jacen Solo vs. Freedon Nadd

Jacen pretty much takes this easily.

winner: Jacen

Game 3

I may catch flak for this. But, Bandon sucks. And while Tulak Hord may not be the greatest dueler ever, there was a tomb for him on Korriban, which means he did exist and was a major sith lord...and I'm certain any of those old school Sith could pwn Bandon. And screw it, if Durron thinks I'm wrong, he can vote the other way.

winner: Hord

Correlia Conference

Game 1

Cin Drallig vs. Darth Maul

winner: Maul

Game 2

Jaden Korr vs. Ki-Adi Mundi (forfeit)

winner: korr

Game 3

Yoda vs. Desann (forfeit)

lucky for desaan...

winner: Yoda

10. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Oh, hey, about that Vader vs. Maul battle issue: The story is, in fact, canon now. However, Ken was correct... sort of. It's not exactly the real Maul. Here's the scoop straight from Leeland Chee:

It's not quite the real Darth Maul. Hence the "or something." Who knows, it could have been a vision like Luke confronting Vader on Dagobah or just some sort of Sith illusion. Or a clone. Nothing's been determined as to what we are actually seeing, just that Vader and Maul have a pretty cool battle.

So, it may or may not be a clone, but the bottom line is that since whatever it is isn't the real Maul, it probably shouldn't affect the draft at all.

Anyways...

Kessel Conference

Game 3

Nah, I'm not going to give you any crap, because truthfully, I'm sorta tempted to give this to Hord as well. I'm not going to, but Bandon does suck quite a significant amount. If I just had something, anything to go off of other than the fact that there is a tomb for him and that there's a holocron that may or may not have contained his techniques, I would probably give the win to Tulak.

Bandon sucks, but he performed... decently against Revan and two others along with him.

There are some total suck buckets out there who I would vote Hord over based solely on a reputation, but Bandon ain't one of them.

Winner: Darth Bandon

11. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Anyways, time for teams.

Kessel Conference

Game 1

ObiJuan's Pride - 3 vs. I Less Than Three Jedi - 3

Team Battle!!!

Qui-Gon Jinn, Quinlan Vos, Kavar, Jolee Bindo, Juhani and Shaak Ti vs. Anakin Skywalker, Nomi Sunrider, Corran Horn, Ganner Rhysode, Jaina Solo and Vima Sunrider

Game 2

The Pet Shop Boys - 5 vs. The White Warriors - 1

No need for teams.

Game 3

Vader and the Vicious 5 - 2 vs. The inSIDIOUS SIX - 4

No need for teams.

Correlia Conference

Game 1

Jaster-Fett's Squad - 1 vs. The Canadian Jedi Mounties - 5

No need for teams.

Game 2

Kenobi's Talons: Fighting Darkness with Darkness - 4 vs. The Jedi Who Play Football blah, blah, blah... - 2

No need for teams.

Game 3

The Army of Light - 1 vs. The Black Panthers - 5

No need for teams.

Damn, lots of lopsided battles this time around.

12. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    It's a simple match, IMO, so I might as well get to it.

Kessel Conference

Game 1

ObiJuan's Pride - 3 vs. I Less Than Three Jedi - 3

Team Battle!!!

Qui-Gon Jinn, Quinlan Vos, Kavar, Jolee Bindo, Juhani and Shaak Ti vs. Anakin Skywalker, Nomi Sunrider, Corran Horn, Ganner Rhysode, Jaina Solo and Vima Sunrider

Qui-Gon << Anakin
    Quinlan < Nomi
    Kavar <= Corran
    Jolee <= Ganner
    Juhani << Jaina
    Shaak >> Vima

Yeah, it's pretty clear where I'm going with this. Once again, the team is solid, but the fact that, as usual, they're so insanely outclassed at the top spot just costs them too dearly. Who is going to last 10 seconds against Anakin? Not to mention there's five others to worry about. Same as the match against the Vader and the Sidious squads.

I will say this, though: I give you props anyway, J_S. Even if your team got smashed every time out, you did a great job salvaging what was a disaster of a team and turning it into something kinda decent. The fact that you even pushed your matches to so many team battles speaks volumes. Good job.

Winner: I Less Than Three Jedi

13. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    i'm continually amazed at how many times obijuan's pride has gone to teams.

14. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Kessel Conference

Match 1: ObiJuan's Pride vs. I Less Than Three Jedi

Qui-Gon < Anakin
    Quinlan > Nomi
    Kavar < Corran
    Jolee << Ganner
    Juhani << Jaina
    Shaak >> Vima

Well, I Less Than Three Jedi has this one individually and cohesively. They take majority in both the front three and the backfield, and they've certainly got the strong connections (Anakin and his granddaughter, Jaina and Ganner from the Strike Team, and the Sunriders). The only problem I see at all there might be Ganner/Corran, but they've worked together before and by Traitor Ganner has certainly mellowed out (even if Corran gets exponentially worse by DN). ObiJuan's Pride certainly doesn't lack cohesively either (even KotOR/PT Jedi with plenty of connections to make a solid team), and they'd make their opponents sweat in skill. But with an overall stronger team power and experience-wise, I Less Than Three Jedi take it.

However, I too echo Durron's sentiments, Johnny_Solo. Looking back at the drafting, and looking at your team here-- you certainly did well with what you had. And now that you have a team of quality players, you'll definitely be a force to reckon with in the Bay City Draft...

Winners: I Less Than Three Jedi

15. Johnny_Solo_65

Johnny_Solo_65 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    Yeah, I think yours was the only team I didn't make it to team battles against. And for the record, just because one person on the other team could take on my entire team isn't good enough of a reason to give them the win...:p

16. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    It's one of many reasons. ;) I just didn't want to rub salt into the wounds. :p

I'll have the standing up here in a minute, and then get the matches posted for the playoffs.

17. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Okay, here are the final standing for the regular season. I'm still keeping track of individual records, because while head-to-head wins and losses were supposed to be the primary tiebreaker, we have sort of a "A beat B, and B beat C... but then C beat A" thing going on in one of the conferences.

Y = Clinched first round bye
    X = Clinched playoff spot

Kessel Conference

1. Y The Pet Shop Boys ~ 5-0 (21-9)
    2. X The White Warriors ~ 4-1 (18-12)
    3. X I Less Than Three Jedi ~ 3-2 (15-15)
    4. The inSIDIOUS SIX ~ 2-3 (13-17)
    5. Vader and the Vicious 5 ~ 1-4 (11-19)
    6. ObiJuan's Pride ~ 0-5 (12-18)

As I said last time, this one was pretty much wrapped up anyway. However, Maxle secured his first round bye with his latest win.

Correlia Conference

1. Y Kenobi's Talons ~ 4-1 (17-13)
    2. X The Black Panthers ~ 3-2 (16-15)
    3. X The Army of Light ~ 3-2 (14-16)
    4. The Jedi Who Play Football blah, blah, blah... ~ 3-2 (14-16)
    5. The Canadian Jedi Mounties ~ 2-3 (18-12)
    6. Jaster Fett's Squad ~ 0-5 (11-19)

Well, Talon had his spot clinched before this round, and Suzuki cliched his just now thanks to the best individual record out of all the tied squads. Thanks to his head-to-head win over Integral, WINDEX gets the last spot. I also find it inetersting that Jim had the best individual record in the conference. Weird how these things work out.

Well anyway, here is your first set of playoff matches:

Kessel Conference

The White Warriors (GMK) vs. I Less Than Three Jedi (Moron)

Winner faces The Pet Shop Boys in the conference finals.

Correlia Conference

The Black Panthers (Suzuki) vs. The Army of Light (WINDEX)

Winner faces Kenobi's Talons in the conference finals.

Numbers, guys. Get 'em to me.

18. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    *relaxes on couch*

19. SaeseeJim

SaeseeJim Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2003
    the only reason I lost is because of team battles becasuse I chose Neeja Halcyon.

20. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    You should have sacrificed him. Have him run out, get impaled with a lightsaber, then use that engergy to blow up the other team. THATS what makes a good GM, lol

21. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Let's get started, boyyyeeee! 4 is the first number called in these here playoffs.

Kessel Conference

Exar Kun vs. Corran Horn

Correlia Conference

Kar Vastor vs. Saba Sebatyne

22. Scondren

Oct 5, 2005
    Kessel Conference

Exar Kun vs. Corran Horn

Kun-stoppable

winner: Kun

Correlia Conference

Vastor has a bit of power, but Saba matches that and takes skill.

winner: Lizard

23. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Kessel Conference

Match 1: Exar Kun vs. Corran Horn

Kunified. Or something.

Winner: Exar Kun

Corellia Conference

Match 1: Kar Vastor vs. Saba Sebatyne

Ah, now this is a match. One of the best I've seen in a long time, in fact. I do have to disagree with my fellow judge in that Saba certainly doesn't match Kar Vastor's power-- though it's more of a hit on Saba's lack of it than on an over-abundance for Vastor. Saba definitely takes the skill category, though it would be interesting to see how she would initially take on Vastor's vibroshields. Both have some quality notable experience-- Vastor vs. Windu in jungle rules, and Saba vs. Welk in TJK. Both are tremendous physical specimens as well as Force-practicioners, and both are very similiar in combining the Force with their normal physical advantage and predator instincts. Both have been noted to seem to grow stronger as a battle rages on (Kar pg. 242 of Shatterpoint; Saba pg. 405 of TJK). Heck, in both of those duels I noted, both Kar and Saba dig a bite into their opponent's neck in addition to battering them with physical blows. This would be a crazy, epic of a fight, but it all comes down to the application of each one's abilities in the fight. Yes, I realize that Kar was fighting a weakened Mace, yes I realize that on page 241 of Shatterpoint it says that the ultimate answer for power is skill, and yes I realize that Mace proceeds to own Vastor until Kar uses the jungle to temporarily subdue him. However, I also realize that on page 242 of Shatterpoint, Kar is getting stronger as Mace Windu pounds Vaapad into his face, that Saba, while certainly skilled, is not up to par with even an injured Mace, and that in her battle with Welk, Saba's main weakness was against her opponent's power-- against his intial Force-push, against his lightning, against his second Force-push, and against his telekinesis with the rock. With Kar rocking the lizard like a hurricane because of that, and his own reflexes coming to play against Saba's skill, I think the lor-pelek could take this one. I could see it going either way, though, and this would definitely be a great fight to watch. Wang, this one's all yours.

Winner: Kar Vastor by the tiniest of margins

24. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Yeah... I wasn't looking forward to judging that one. Been going back and forth quite a bit, actually... fortunately, I can put it off for a little longer. :D I'm a bit busy right now, and I'm not even at home, so even if I voted right now, I'm away from my sheet with the matchups on it. It'll have to be later tonight.

25. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Correlia Conference

Ken's right, this is just an incredible fight no matter which way you slice it. As he demonstrated, they are similar in many, many respects.

Okay, let's get this out of the way: Kar is more powerful, Saba is more skilled, and neither can really claim much of an advantage over the other in experience. Now, leaving it at that would be doing a disservice to this match. We're going to have to dig deeper to find our winner here.

I'm not sure I agree entirely with Ken about how Kar clearly takes power over Saba in this one, mainly due to Saba not really being up to snuff against Welk. One has to remember that Welk's power was not only his, but that of the entire Dark Nest. Just like Lomi, and to a much greater extent, Raynar. Welk would have had just about any Jedi beat in power. That said, Ken is correct in that her displays of power and her inability to counter much of Welk's Force-based attacks left a little something to be desired.

Anyways, I think where this match is really decided is in the physical aspects of it. You know this fight is going to degenerate into something that makes a Texas bar brawl look like a five-year old's birthday party... complete with balloons and creepy clowns.

Strength: Both are incredibly strong. Saba being a barabel, of course, and Kar, well, he's just a beast. I'm not sure either could claim the advantage here.

Stamina: Yup, again, both have shown a remarkable ability to get stronger as a fight wears on. No clear edge here, either.

Pain threshold: You know this is coming into play. ;) And here I think Saba has a slight, yet distinct advantage. Kar was able to shrug off one helluva beating from Mace and still keep coming, but even with that, it doesn't even begin to compare with what Saba was able to endure. She had half her tail cut off, took a prolonged blast of Force-lightning, a freakin' hole in her head from which a possible brain-like substance was leaking, a blast of acid in her face, the loss of two of her fingertips, what had to be multiple concussions, and she was poisoned. And despite all that, she was still chasing him down before he was able to run like a ***** and get the hell out of there.

And also, it important to note something else about that Force-lightning. While being blasted, she was able to keep her wits about her and actually use the Force against Welk to stop the attack. I may be mistaken about this, but I don't think we've ever seen anyone else just not curl into the fetal position and whimper while being sizzled. Luke? Crying for his daddy. Anakin? Knocked out cold.

Other Intangibles: Saba may not be Mace's equal with a saber or in hand-to-hand combat, but when getting down and dirty with Kar, she'll have some advantages over him that Mace didn't. Namely, her teeth and her claws. That could make little difference, but it also could make all the difference in the world. Tough to say. Plus, as pissed off and vicious as Saba got during her fight with Welk, we've never seen her truly let it all out and go primal on anyone's ass. That's something that makes even Luke nervous, and I think that in a match that would be as violent and as brutal as this match is sure to be, she'd completely lose any and all control eventually, and I truly believe her wild side is wilder than Kar's.

So, yeah, I guess you can see where I'm going with this one by now. Kar's power adavantage may help him at first, but this one is going to get real ugly when it's all said and done. And when that happens, I think Saba has the edge.

Superb fight in every way, and it'd definitely be something that'd be worthy of being on the holonet's pay-per-view channels, but I have to give it to the barabel in a killer battle.

Winner: Saba Sebatyne