main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV The 3.5th Southern Nevada Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JediMasterRevan, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Kessel Conference

The White Warriors - 4 vs. I Less Than Three Jedi - 2

No need for teams.

Corellia Conference

The Black Panthers - 3 vs. The Army of Light - 3

Team Battle!!!

The Exile, Count Dooku, Kar Vastor, Depa Billaba, Desann and Tavion vs. Yoda, Thon, Saba Sebatyne, Lord Hoth, Kiel Charny and Valenthyne Farfalla

2. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005

This battle is giving me the mental image of Dooku distracting Yoda. Just like in AOTC, except instead of pulling a pillar down, he's levitating Thon over the backfield and threatening to drop him.

Just felt like sharing :p

3. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Oh...oh that just made my day... :D

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I think I got screwed on the Nomi/Sora fight, but whatever. Good game.

5. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    I still love you, MoronDude.

6. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    And I love you too, more than you'll ever know.

7. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
  8. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    ... but not as much as i love Axle!

9. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Corellia Conference

Match 1: The Black Panthers vs. The Army of Light

The Exile, Count Dooku, Kar Vastor, Depa Billaba, Desann and Tavion vs. Yoda, Thon, Saba Sebatyne, Lord Hoth, Kiel Charny and Valenthyne Farfalla

Textile << Yoda
    Dooku [ > times, like, a million] Thon
    Vastor = Saba (that was an incredible match I had to judge before)
    Depa > Hoth
    Desann > Charny
    Tavion > Farfalla

Well, the only real threats that the Army of the Light pose to the Black Panthers are Yoda and Saba, and perhaps the cohesion of the backfield. However, the Black Panthers simply outshine their opponents individually-- I mean, Dooku matching up with Thon?

Anyways, the Black Panthers do suffer from the leechiness of The Exile-- and without Traya (or, at the very least, Visas) to help make up for that leechiness with a Force Bond, it certainly affects this team negatively. However, they certainly make up for it with cohesive links-- Kar/Depa, Desann/Tavion making up the majority of the team, with the Exile (he does have leadership experience) and Dooku (duh he has leadership experience) at the forefront. And quite frankly, the Exile could leech all he wants away from the reserves that Vastor has-- and even if Saba took him out because of that, there's no way she could provide as much as would be needed to make up for the rest of her team. Minus Yoda, of course-- but Dooku would simply slice Thon to pieces before moving on to help hold Yoda at bay. In the end, Yoda does put up a fight, and Saba does whip out her inner hunter-- but the Black Panthers overpower them with sheer individual superiority and a broad array of skill combined with experience.

Winners: The Black Panthers

10. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Corellia Conference

The Black Panthers - 3 vs. The Army of Light - 3

Team Battle!!!

Well... yeah. One of these teams is just bettah than teh other. I think Yoda, Saba and Kiel do their best to carry their team here, but it just isn't enough. The Panthers overwhelm The Lightsters in individual prowess, power and skill. Experience is sorta close, but that'd go to the Panthers as well.

Cohesion would go to Yoda and his crew, but surprisingly, not by a whole lot. There are some good connections on the darkside team, and there's good leadership there as well.

The Panthers take it after a decent fight.

Winner: The Black Panthers

11. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    bring the pain!

12. Scondren

Scondren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2005
  13. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    well, by pain, i meant finals.
    and by bring the pain, i was trying to suggest that i would be bringing it and then going on to stick it upon my competition.

14. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Four teams remain. Time for the conference finals.

Kessel Conference Finals

The White Warriors (GMK) vs. The Pet Shop Boys (Maxle)

Corellia Conference Finals

The Black Panthers (Suzuki) vs. Kenobi's Talons: Fighting Darkness with Darkness (Talon)

GM's, numbers... now!!!

15. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    I hope I get better numbers this time..and I realized that the winner of this draft gets VIP colors for a month, which is more than the SFD which is only a week..odd

16. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    We'll kick things off with the number 6, methinks.

Kessel Conference Finals

Darth Sion vs. Anakin Solo

Count Dooku vs. Jaden Korr

17. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Kessel Conference Finals

Darth Sion vs. Anakin Solo

Been here, done this.

Winner: Anakin Solo

Count Dooku vs. Jaden Korr

Yowzers.

Winner: Count Dooku

18. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Yup, I agree. Moving along. After 1 round...

Kessel Conference Finals

The White Warriors - 0 vs. The Pet Shop Boys - 1

The Black Panthers - 1 vs. Kenobi's Talons: Fighting Darkness with Darkness - 0

Next number up is... 4!

Kessel Conference Finals

Sora Bulq vs. Jacen Solo

The Exile vs. Kam Solusar trumped with Mara Jade-Skywalker

19. Talon_Kenobi

Sep 3, 2003
    Time to hype up the trump...

Kam, like the Exile, is an expert lightsaber fighter. He is one of the best ever produced by the Jedi. He has fought both Luke and the Emperor and is still alive today. He became the saber instructor at Lukes academy, even before his Jedi training was fully finished. He survied the Vong invasion. Luke trusted his skills so much that he was given the task to protect the Younglings (I think). This means that his skill was thought good enough to protect the future of the Jedi.

Mara-Jade Skywalker was trained by Luke Skywalker, Sidious and Kyle Katarn. She has been on hundreds of missions and is trained as an assasin. She was capable of beating Luuke and helped in the destruction of C'Boath clone. She also has strong connections in the force. I think she might have used force lightening on a few occasion and was able to use the force to help fight off the Vong infection.

The Exile is one tough cookie. He survied the Mandalorian wars and the attack of the Sith. He has taken out some powerful people, however, they do not have the skill of Kam and Mara combined. Nihulus and Sion are both powerful, but have tremendous weaknessess that could be easily taken to someones advantage. Kreia is powerful in the force, but she was not able to fight off Nihulius and Sion and lost her hand to Sion. When the Exile fought her she should her force power by weilding 3 sabers through the force. So it did take some skill to defeat that, however, how hard could it be to destroy 3 floating sabers. Now the Exile is great, I love him, and maybe if KOTR III explores him/her more, we will see that he is a first rounder up there with the rest, but right now, I don't think he is.

20. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    I'm in no mood to do any in-depth explanations at the moment, but these matches have to get judged one way or another.

Jacen
    Exile

Reasons later, if you really care.

21. Scondren

Scondren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2005
    *Sigh*

I suppose it has to be done eventually

first: Jacen. Any questions?

Second: Exile... He has too much skill and expierence for this trump. Mara, like I've said, has never impressed me that much. She's decent, but not great. Kam's ok, but neither of them can match Exile's expierence. In the end, I feel he'll take it.

22. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    After 2 rounds...

Kessel Conference Finals

The White Warriors - 0 vs. The Pet Shop Boys - 2

The Black Panthers - 2 vs. Kenobi's Talons: Fighting Darkness with Darkness - 0

Next number up is... 2!

Kessel Conference Finals

Exar Kun vs. Ulic Qel-Droma

Tavion trumped with Desann vs. Mara Jade-Skywalker (forfeit)

23. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    holy crap! kun vs. ulic, this is the draft match i've been waiting my whole life to see!!!

24. Talon_Kenobi

Sep 3, 2003
    So, Mace, Kyp and Katarn need to win for me....this is going to be close

and Ulic vs Exar..thats like Revan vs Exile....Obi-wan vs Anakin....Windu vs Dooku

that should be gooD!

Well Mace can handle either Kar or Depa and so can Kyle. Kyp has more power than either of them and maybe just as much skill. He also has plenty of experience and enough of power not let the DS destroy him.. he should be able to take either of them.

25. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/axlestarweilder/Ulic_qel_droma.jpg]