main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV The 3.5th Southern Nevada Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JediMasterRevan, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    sweet, teams! i thought i was gonna have to sit down and have some nutmeat.

2. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004

Yeah and I thought I could finally get you off my back for good. Now I gotta do it the hard way.

Exar=Jacen
    Malak<Ulic
    Freedon<Arca
    Lumiya<Anakin
    Sora>>>Cay
    Sion>>>>>>>>>>Tott

Individual: This could go either way but my huge advantage at the #5 and #6 spots allow me to take this.

Edge: White Warriors

Power: Don't get me wrong, I love the Solo and Qel-Droma bloodlines but I have Exar, Sion, Malak, Freedon and Sora. While again this would be close, my powerful sith lords would clinch it for me.

Skill: Sora is mutli-skilled his comics have shown that, Kun patented the double-bladed lightsaber, Malak showed plenty of skill against Revan and Lumiya has her lightwhip. While I like Jacen and Acra's skill, it snot enough to overcome.

Cohesion: Yeah I'm not even gonna argue this point, he has two brothers and the master and his 3 apprentices.

Edge: Pet Shop Boys

Overall: While Axel has a great team up and down the board, my heavy advantages at 5 and 6 plus rediculous team power would knock the Pet Shop Boys out and allow me to go to the finals.

Winner: The White Warriors

3. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    The Exile < Mace Windu
    Count Dooku > Kyle Katarn
    Kar Vastor >= Kyp Durron
    Depa Billaba < Mara-Jade Skywalker
    Desann < Kam Soslour
    Tavion <<<< Jaden Korr

It is pretty close individually here, however, I feel my back feild is better

Power: Exile, Dooku, and Vastor have soon that they are powerful. But Durron probably has the most Raw power of the lot and Mace, Kyle, and Jaden all have tremendious power (enough for Kyle to self teach himself and Jaden to construct his own saber). Mara-Jade and Kam have also shown some power too

Skill: Is about even, all players are skilled, however, Tavion kinda brings it down for Suzki's team

Cohesion: My team clearly takes it, although the Exile in the lead helps out a bit.

In a close match, I think Kenobi's Talons can final be conferance champion, and go on to the finals.

4. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    If people want reference scans of the Dooku/Mace fight in Obsession, I can do that.

5. Talon_Kenobi

Sep 3, 2003
    It has been awhile, I think someone should vote...

6. Scondren

Scondren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2005
    I was trying to give everyone a chance to argue for their team, but I suppose that aint happening.

7. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    i'd like to argue for my team: i think they'll win this team-battle.

8. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    Best.Arguement.Ever

:p

9. Talon_Kenobi

Sep 3, 2003
    My first draft team ever

1)Exar Kun
    2)Asajj Ventress
    3)Quinlon Vos
    4)Aayla Secura
    5)Tyvokka
    6)Zekk

Second

1)Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2)Plo Koon
    3)Sora Bulq
    4)Kit Fisto
    5)Ganner Rhysode
    6)Leia Organa Solo

Some other numbered team
    Obi-Wan Kenobi, Nomi Sunrider, Depa Billaba, Kyle Katarn, Shaak Ti, Jaden Korr

10. Scondren

Scondren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2005
    My first(and only team)

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2. Mace Windu
    3. Bastila Shan
    4. Arca Jeth
    5. Depa
    6. Cay qel-droma

11. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    My 1st team (Got to Quarterfinals)

1. Exar Kun
    2. Darth Malak
    3. Kyp Durron
    4. Naga Sadow
    5. Kar Vastor
    6. Marka Ragnos

My 2nd Team (Didn't do anything)
    1. Revan
    2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3. Corran Horn
    4. Lord Hoth
    5. Lumiara Unduli
    6. Bariss Offee

My 3rd Team (Draft didn't get finished)
    1. Darth Vader
    2. Darth Revan
    3. Asajj Ventress
    4. Darth Traya
    5. Lord Nyax
    6. Lumiya

12. Talon_Kenobi

Sep 3, 2003
  13. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Kessel Conference Finals

Exar Kun, Darth Malak, Freedon Nadd, Lumiya, Sora Bulq and Darth Sion vs. Jacen Solo, Ulic Qel-Droma, Anakin Solo, Cay Qel-Droma, Tott Doneeta and Arca Jeth

Interesting match. Both teams have some great individual strength, with The Pet Shop Boys taking the front three and the Warriors taking the backfield. Both teams have extreme skill, (edge to the Warriors) great power, (edge to the PSB) and smokin' experience (kind of a push).

Problem for the Warriors is that, while they're certainly not incohesive, they can't even come close to matching the PSB when it comes to team unity. And that's really all there is too it. Outstanding contest, but the winner seems clear to me.

Winner: The Pet Shop Boys

Corellia Conference Finals

The Exile, Count Dooku, Kar Vastor, Depa Billaba, Desann and Tavion vs. Mace Windu, Kyle Katarn, Kyp Durron, Mara Jade-Skywalker, Kam Solusar and Jaden Korr

This one really isn't very different from the other match. I could go on and on about the the pluses and minuses of each team, and who wins in power and skill and experience, and blah, blah, blah. But I'm not going to, because for one thing, I don't especially feel like it, and for another, it doesn't really matter because the bottom line is simply this:

All of that crap is too close to call.

Cohesion, however, is not. Despite some nice, solid connections on the Panthers, the Talons would function much better as a unit, and after a brutal match, that's what allows them to win.

Winner: Kenobi's Talons

14. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    Cohesion goes to Mace Windu? The same Mace Windu who has a positive talent for getting his entire team killed in front of him in canon? Heh :)

15. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Yep. The very same one.

16. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    I suppose he does tend to be the last one standing. :)I could definitely see that fight as ending up with everyone dead.

17. Talon_Kenobi

Sep 3, 2003
    Actually if I had to guess, I think Katarn would be the last man standing if my team won, and The Exile is Suzkis team one. They both seem to have that knack of surviving impossible odds.

18. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Why is it taking so long now? You're so close to the end!

19. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Okay, here we go...

Kessel Conference Finals

The White Warriors vs. The Pet Shop Boys

Exar Kun, Darth Malak, Freedon Nadd, Lumiya, Sora Bulq and Darth Sion vs. Jacen Solo, Ulic Qel-Droma, Anakin Solo, Cay Qel-Droma, Tott Doneeta and Arca Jeth

Kun < Jacen
    Malak < Ulic
    Nadd < Anakin
    Lumiya > Cay
    Sora >> Tott
    Sion << Arca

Well, the White Warriors certainly aren't slacking off, but against this team they are simply outmatched individually. When you add in the crazy cohesion factor for the Pet Shop Boys-- Jacen/Anakin, and Arca + Ulic/Cay + Tott-- the winner is pretty clear. No doubt the Warriors make this quite a showdown, especially with their skill (Kun/Malak/Sora/Lumiya), but the inherent power of the Solos and Ulic, as well as the overall combination with experience (which again, the Warriors don't have a lack of, a fact that has come through in their run during the season), gives the Pet Shop Boys an insurmountable edge. It's a great battle, but there's a solid victor.

Winners: The Pet Shop Boys

Corellia Conference Finals

The Black Panthers vs. Kenobi's Talons: Fighting Darkness with Darkness

The Exile, Count Dooku, Kar Vastor, Depa Billaba, Desann and Tavion vs. Mace Windu, Kyle Katarn, Kyp Durron, Mara Jade-Skywalker, Kam Solusar and Jaden Korr

Textile << Windu
    Dooku >> Kyle
    Kar < Kyp
    Depa < Mara
    Desann < Kam
    Tavion < Jaden

Alright, well, this is a really tough one-- heck, the Mace/Dooku factor alone means it'd be an epic bout. Individually this one is a bit closer, though Kenobi's Talons have the edge in both the front three (even if you switch it up and match Dooku with Windu) and the backfield (even if you equal out Depa/Mara and Desann/Kam). Cohesion is even closer, with the Kar/Depa and Desann/Tavion duos for the Panthers, and the Kyle/Jaden/Mara combo with Kyp (powah) and Kam (mehskill) for good measure for the Talons (and by DN Mara has actually supported Kyp, such as in his view of the Jedi's priorities and in his decision to zip off to the Utegetu Nebula, so the animosty there is as nullified as Warb).

As far as power goes, there's obviously again the Mace/Dooku factor, but the later picks give some interesting revelations-- Desann (and, later in a similar situation, Tavion) had his visit to the the Valley of the Jedi (in Outcast we meet a concerned Luke during the Cairn levels only after Desann has hit up the Valley and revealed his plan for an infused-Force-user army). I'm not convinced that Kyle (who also had to visit the Valley to augment himself in Outcast) or Jaden are at all powerhouses, but they have demonstrated their superiority over those two blokes. Both Kyp and Kar have their obvious raw power reserves-- but Durron has the advantage of formal and applied training, and Vastor has the disadvantage of having The Leechile on his squad.

In skill, the Panthers obviously have Dooku, and Textile (who's main Draftable asset is, like I've said in the past, his skill), and Vaapad in Depa-- and though the Talons combat them with the master of Vaapad in Windu, as well as skill all the way down the line, the sheer spectrum of skill on the Panthers demands respect. And it's this spectrum that really makes this a very difficult decision, despite the Talons' initial individual advantage. And with the leadership of Dooku and the Exile (who, in an odd situation here, may actually benefit his team with his leechiness-- sucking on Kar's power and putting it to use with his own skill, rather than leaving it unbridled with Vastor) over (for all intents and purposes) two master/apprentice duos, they've got a broad array of abilities with which to attack with. Fortunately for the Talons, they've got experience in adapting within combat (Yuuzhan Vong, Force-imbued soldiers, etc.) as well as experience with the Dark Side (knowing its offensive and attacking nature, so they're not just knocked on their

20. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    EDIT: Fixed.

I do want to congratulate Kevin and Suzuki on giving me heck with these two matches, though. You guys certainly had a pair of great squads, and getting this far and getting to teams is a testament to that. There's a reason it took so long to get these judgements up, and it wasn't just because I was making out with chicks.

What I'm really interested in now is whether or not the Black Panthers will be facing the White Warriors for 3rd place. That might be an instant classic right there...or a politically-incorrect nightmare. :p

21. Talon_Kenobi

Sep 3, 2003
    Oh are we doing a third place...like having the finals and third at the same time. Also...I want to know if this double elimination or what just before I send in my numbers

22. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    You guys really want to do a third place battle? Seems a bit pointless to me. And the Finals will just be one match. No sense in dragging this out any longer than we have to.

The Finals

The Pet Shop Boys (Maxle) vs. Kenobi's Talons: Fighting Darkness with Darkness (Talon)

Get me those sweet, sweet numbers, fellas.

23. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    wow, i can't believe it's finally happening. and i can't believe i made it to the finals.

good matches, gmk. i almost thought you had me in the end. you put up a good fight, and i'll always think of you as a jedi draft trend setter. i suppose that should all be hyphenated, but...

and hello talon, we've never squared off with such odds beneath us. welcome to the jungle, baby.
    good luck, and good drafting.

24. Talon_Kenobi

Sep 3, 2003
    Well at last. THREE YEARS and I finally make it to a final and WHAT a final this is going to be.

And everyone put up a good fight

And my theme seemed to pay off...now can it take it too the end...lets find out

25. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Wesa gonna start off thisin-hissin Finals wit da numbah... 6!

The Finals

Tott Doneeta vs. Kyp Durron