main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV The 3.5th Southern Nevada Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JediMasterRevan, Oct 24, 2005.

1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    You couldn't ask for a better and more intense end to a draft than this.

2. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i'll say.
    so, moron dude, how've you been doin'?

3. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Pretty good, school and working mostly. How's by you?

4. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    me, i've been going to school and drafting mostly. no time for that pesky working buissness.
    i've got a "art appreciation" class right now that makes a body want to drive a rail-road spike through their head. i blame the educator. someday morondude, i'm going to have a school all of my own, where the students will be engaged and the other educators and i, well, we'll give them their money's worth.

and then, after i get rich doing that, i'll settle down in the heart of the country managing a sod farm. a sod farm which will have a mo-town radiostation broadcast out of the barn. and in the dark twilight hours i'll sprinkle my naked body with baking soda and dance in my sod fields. ahhhh, the dream.

5. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Sounds like you have your hands full.

6. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    you could say that.

7. Scondren

Scondren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2005
    Mace vs Jace.

Interesting match. However, the winner is still clearcut to me. In terms of skill, Mace takes it. Handily. Jacen's skill is good, but not all that. KEn likes to point out Jacen slaughtered hundreds of vong on the seed ships- yes, that's true. He also had the unique advantage of being encased in 14 amphistaffs, and having THOUSANDS of slaves to help him. While it's still impressive, he's fighting Mace by himself, with a lightsabre. Not 14 snake thingies.

Power, on the other hand, goes clearly to Jacen, though Mace is no slouch. Skywalker bloodline just beats him out.

Expierence is tricky. Jacen has his vongs(particularly the slayers and Lah) and training by people like Luke. Mace, on the other hand, has duels with Dooku, Griveous, and of course, Sidious, not to mention practice with lads like Yoda and Obi. Quantity v. Quality, you could say.

In the end, I'm going to have to disagree with Ken. Mace can still take this. Jacen certainly has the potential to be better, but he's not there yet. Mace is just too skilled for him to handle.

winner: Mace

8. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    things look bleak for our mid-80s technopop band.

are you sure this isn't best out of three?

9. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Crap. Now I gotta decide this. I'm still meditating on this one. Lotta ins, lotta outs.

10. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    some new **** has come to light, man.

11. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    KEn likes to point out Jacen slaughtered hundreds of vong on the seed ships- yes, that's true. He also had the unique advantage of being encased in 14 amphistaffs, and having THOUSANDS of slaves to help him.

No, those slaves were helping revolt. They weren't directly helping Jacen (especially since he triggered it all at the beginning with his own actions in the grove), and thus they hardly take away from his achievements in the midst of that revolt. Had the slaves not been there to revolt with him, Jacen would've been facing thousands upon thousands more Yuuzhan Vong than the number he actually slaughtered.

Plus, this is about a decade before his current prime circa Dark Nest.

While it's still impressive, he's fighting Mace by himself, with a lightsabre. Not 14 snake thingies.

That's an advantage for Jacen. He's got the Force back (which is, like you and I both noted, usually hailed as his main strength) and the weapon he's wielded with efficiency (that is, actually killing opponents) since he was two years old.

In the end, I'm going to have to disagree with Ken. Mace can still take this. Jacen certainly has the potential to be better, but he's not there yet.

That's cool. He certainly has a load of potential, but I happen to be of the opinion that he's shown he's actually reached a huge share of it by Dark Nest (pulling off the same illusion trick as Luke, pulling a mirror illusion on Luke, deflecting turbolasers with his hand, flow-walking, etc.), which is what adds to his edge in power-- again, both in measure and in its effectiveness-- and combines with his comparitive skill to give Jacen the advantage. The fact that Jacen is a perfect candidate to combat Vaapad both as a lightsaber Form and a state of mind simply put him over the top for me.

12. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Well it is fitting that this goes to 3

Regardless of what happens, good match Axle we both put up a good match

13. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    i'll say. good work yourself, talon. you've worked hard to get here.

14. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    [image=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7615/jewish7vu.gif]

15. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
  16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Good grief, this is one furious ending, I dont think you could draw it up a better match this side of a Luke Skywalker vs. Anakin/Obi-Wan trumped final, for which I would soil myself.

Good luck, Talon, and good luck, Axle. You both deserve it, should be an interesting finale.

17. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Hey Shurron, quit being lame and judge. :) Although, I don't think you can quit being lame, so maybe you should just judge. :)

18. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
  19. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Shut your face, Sest! I'm busy!

:)

20. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    SecondBest was made for nagging, and that's just what he'll do. One of these days SecondBest is gonna nag all over you.

Oh, and not to nag, but you've got some matches of your own to judge, Maxle.

Seriously. I'm not nagging.

Maybe a little.

21. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Don't take my line, Maxle. And I've asked you twice to change the name you hate being referred to in your profile. But you don't listen. This means it's time for a...new apprentice!

22. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
  23. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    The Finals

Jacen Solo vs. Mace Windu

Yeesh. And I though Jacen vs. Vader was close. [face_tired] Funny thing happened when I saw that these two would match up after Maxle and Talon sent the numbers in. My initial gut reaction surprised the hell out of me. I looked at the two, and then I thought, "Well, that's crazy close, but duh. Mace wins."

Huh? How'd that happen? I would've thought my initial reaction would've been the opposite of that. So I've been puzzling over that for a good long while now. There's got to be a reason I reacted that way.

Power unquestionably goes to Jacen here. Both in raw strength and in knowledge of crazy and exotic techniques. As has been stated many times, Mace is no slouch whatsoever, but the grandson of Skywalker is on another level here.

Skill, however, would obviously swing the other way. Jacen, like Mace in power, is very, very good, Mace is clearly better.

Experience is definitely a quantity vs. quality scenario. Based on what we know, Jacen seems to have seen a bit more combat than Mace, but his list of quality opponents pales in comparison to the Bad Motha*****. Sidious, Dooku, Ventress, Greivous, Bulq, Quinlan, Vastor and others.

I dunno, this is just insanely close. They could seriously go 50/50 if they fought 100 times... and the more and more I think about it, the more I think I reacted correctly at first. Mace just has more experience in fighting these titanic matchups against highly skilled opponents. Jacen's never faced anyone on Mace's level before, and as I said in his bout against Vader, I'm just not sure that he's good enough at this point to be able to use many of his crazy new Force skills while under a constant barrage of attacks from an opponent like Mace.

So, yeah. I hate doing this, but there's got to be a winner, and that winner is...

Winner: Mace Windu

And that would mean that the winner of this draft is none other than...Talon_Kenobi. Congrats, dude.

24. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Wow.

Anyways, looks like I'm done here.

[image=http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2279/kenobye3fc.jpg]

25. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Congrats Talon!

Hey I know this is soon but are we having another draft over here.