main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The 3 Clone musketeers

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Apr 18, 2015.

1. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Rex has enough characterization from TCW to not follow through with Order 66. Wolffe and Gregor not so much. So at least with Rex I have no issue if he 'cheats' Order 66.

Sandtrooper956 and Iron_lord like this.
  2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I guess I was right about this clip having a lot of significance:

CoolyFett and Watto like this.
  3. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Just saying this but... All of the Commanders we see in the Order 66 scene in Revenge Of The Sith have been seen in TCW. There's Bly, Neyo, Jag, and Gree all appear in The Clone Wars along with Cody. The only one we don't see in TCW is Commander Barcara.

4. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    I hoped for it. But yes, I suspected that Filoni would come up with such a lame cliche to maintain Rex as a hero.
    Who needs great tragedy, when you can have simple minded good guy-stories...? :/
    I hate it.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to starwars :p

But seriously I thought it would break Rex great story if they did it the other way IMO.

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    One thing I noticed, is that he does not refer to Anakin Skywalker in the trailer when he mentions the 501st, but Ahsoka Tano.

CoolyFett likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Probably because the ghost crew knows Ashoka and maybe because Rex knows about what happens to Anakin.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Likely, maybe he doesnt like him cause of it.

Looks like the 3 amigos are hunting Graboids(from Tremors) or Spice worms(from Dune).

[​IMG]

CoolyFett and jabberwalkie like this.
  9. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    So I take it Wolfe is the somewhat crazy one?

Does that mean Gregor is the quiet one and Rex is the one who suddenly realises that Wolfe may not have explained what he wanted Zeb to do properly?[face_devil]

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Gregor is the loopy one.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  11. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Wolfe is the AT-TE driver.

12. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Aside from Gree, Bly, perhaps Appo, and (of course) Cody, none of the ROTS clones are much more than background characters in TCW. None of them are anywhere near as well-developed as, for example, the original 501st characters. Ideally we'd eventually get to see those same 501st legionaries take part in Operation Knightfall. I'd honestly like to see Rex be involved in it.

I certainly hope that at least one of the "three musketeers" faithfully executes Order 66 and only goes rogue later on. I imagine that Rex would likely heed Fives' warning before, during, or immediately after ROTS; he may or may not have executed the order. Wolffe, who had no personal connection to Fives, seems like an obvious candidate for executing the order and only later going rogue after being convinced by someone like Rex.

Ahsoka has never been my least favourite character, but I admit to finding the notion of her influencing the clones to rebel to be distasteful. It reminds me of another clone story that got hard to engage with when its clones rebelled primarily because of the benevolent influence of various non-clone characters.

Hopefully Filoni et al. know how to balance this. I'm a clone fan because of their moral ambiguity rather than in spite of it. Shorn of their integral role in the story of the Star Wars PT - what they represent, what their emergence does to the Galaxy, what their ultimate purpose is - the clones are nowhere near as fascinating. They'd still be cool, well-designed badasses, but there are plenty of cool, well-designed badasses in fiction; there is only one Grand Army of the Galactic Republic.

13. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    My thoughts exactly.

14. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Rex's general is Anakin. Rex doesn't kill Anakin, so therefore he can't have carried out the order! Unless he was with another Jedi during Order 66.

15. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    Rex's unit however is the 501st, and that one has a big role in killing Jedi. Lots of them. If anything the fact that Anakin still leads them should be reason for Rex to stay! If personal loyalty really means something, why would Rex not be loyal to Anakin?

PS: I still want that clone vs clone fight. One in his old CW gear, the other in shiny new Stormtrooper gear.

darskpine10 and shorttrooper like this.
  16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Stormtroopers arent a match, mentally or physically. Maybe they'll use some kinda specialized branch of Stormtroopers that hunt down and kill Clones in particular. Seems the Empire always needs specialized branches for specific tasks,lol.

17. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    But Rex isn't present during Operation: Knightfall. Appo is the commander during that. That could mean that he was leading Squad 99 (Bad Batch) at the time.

18. shorttrooper

Dec 3, 2014
    On that same line of thought. Do we know where Wolfe was when Plo Koon was shot down?

Kassius Konstantine likes this.
  19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    My guess is Filoni would've had them defect or go AWOL prior to Order 66

20. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I think in general, Rex and company probably did execute order 66. Refusing to do so in the company of others doing so would have invited the other clones to regard them with suspicion.

However, in the aftermath of Order 66, Rex and company would probably be horrified by the rise of the Empire and desert when the opportunity arose.

darklordoftech and Iron_lord like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So I am guessing Wolffe and Rex picked up Gregor at a later date.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    I agree for the most part, Wolffe especially would have no way of knowing and probably only 'got out of' Order 66 because Plo was in the air.

Gregor is an unknown at this point, but I doubt he made it back to the Republic if he still has a shirt with the logo of the diner he used to work at on it.

But Rex I disagree with, and think his entire character arc in TCW was leading up to him not following Order 66. Ideally, he should not be involved in either Order 66 or Operation Knightfall or it is wasting all the effort put into him as a clone who learns how to make his own decisions.

Ahsoka influencing them before/during Order 66 or during Rebels ? Because it is canon that the Jedi in general have influenced the clones beyond what they were designed for. If you mean during Rebels, then it seems like that is what the space family is going to do.

ObsGryphon likes this.
  23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    If you watch TFN's rebels red carpet interview with Filoni, he says he believes Rex
    did not execute Order 66,
    but he doesn't say much more. It's a good interview and worth your time.

http://theforce.net/story/front/Sta..._Wars_Rebels_Red_Carpet_Interviews_163795.asp

shorttrooper likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Thats a good interview.

25. shorttrooper

Dec 3, 2014
    Yeah great interview. I'm really looking forward to seeing how all the characters interact with each other after watching this. From the comments Filoni makes it sounds like they are really going to handle these characters with care, and they have really thought about where the clones would be at and how they might be feeling at this point in time. There were times during the first season I felt a bit : Which OT character should we throw in this week? It seemed a bit cut and paste at times, like it didn't fit in with the larger story or it was forced. I have been a bit apprehensive season 2 would be : which clone wars character can we throw in this week? But you know after watching this interview I think we are going to get a lot of great character interaction and development, which will contribute to the overall story as a whole. There will be a lot going on but for us clone wars fans I think season 2 of Rebels is really going to be where we see the show start to really step it up.