main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The 3 Clone musketeers

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Anyway we know that there are only going to be 5 TCW originals.

I ain't counting Bomber Barris who we are almost positive will show up.

2. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    Jedi Knight Fett on two counts:

What? No way! For real?

You know I'm not sure if I should be reaching for a bag of popcorn or a box of tissues and some chocolate (Fives nooooo!) I guess I'll come prepared with both.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Well here is the list
    Gregor
    Rex
    Wolffe
    Ahsoka
    Hondo.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Like so many of us, I always pegged Rex as the likeliest to avoid Order 66. That said, I was... I want to say "one the fence" about whether this was what I wanted for him.

But that wouldn't be entirely accurate. Deep down, I think I always wanted to see Rex do right and one day fight the Empire.

But that said, I admitted here many times that part of what made Rex so wondrous to me is that I felt he could conceivably right into the Jedi Temple with Vader in ROTS (and we would all find it believable) just as easily as if he was shown to have eventually chosen to somehow skip-out on the mission.

Would it have been fascinating to see Rex turn up in Rebels in Stormtrooper gear, working for the Empire? Yes. Heart-breaking, but absolutely riveting.

But in the end, I'm grateful that he won't.

-------------------------

Now, as to the rest of your message? I think that you're 1000% on-point. I would absolutely like to see the return of some of the clones who we got to know in TCW, only now "totally Imperialized."

"Colonel TK-2224" is one I often cite. I'd love to see Cody show up in Rebels.

Better yet if he and Rex eventually meet, 'mano a mano,' on the field of battle!

Finally, I'm dying for some on-screen acknowledgement in Rebels that the 501st still exists as a unit who fights alongside Darth Vader during the Imperial Period. Better yet if they are actually called "Vader's Fist."

And whatever they are called, I sure hope to see that Vader's troops are as threatening and efficient a unit as they were when they boarded the Tantive IV in ANH. Hopefully the show will give us enough 'red-shirts' to make that possible.

I can buy that the Imperials stationed on Lothal before the uprising weren't exactly the "best of the best." But Vader's men and women should be.

5. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I very much think this is the case. :)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What does TK even stand for
    Also something I find most interesting is that Vader refers to Crest from Tarkin As Crest instead of by his number.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Is Crest a clone or something? I haven't read Tarkin :/
    I've never actually thought of what TK stands for though.

Colonel Cody doesn't sound right. How about Field Commander or Brigadier General as a new rank? I really would like to see Cody show up in Rebels, complete with him dissing the Stormies because a 50+ year old man can shoot better than them :p

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No Crest is from Tarkin and is a clone.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    The best thing about clones in a cgi series is that the models are already built, so bring on Imperial!Cody please.

10. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Many people seem to want imperial Clones

11. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, I know I use "Colonel Cody" a lot when I speculate about Cody's return. But I really only do so because it keeps the alliteration of "Commander Cody" alive, while also giving the guy a well-deserved promotion. :p

But if you really want to talk about where a career Officer with an exemplary record in the Clone War; who followed Order 66 to the "T" (unflinchingly, without question or hesitation); and who, I would imagine, only continued to serve with distinction during his time with the Empire might end up, some fifteen years since we last saw him?

Hell, by now, I'd love to see Field Marshal Cody.

And I think that would be a great thing for us to see in Rebels.

Not only for the potential encounter between Cody and Rex that I keep championing, but also for the reasons cited by Kassius Konstantine, Why_So_Serious, shorttrooper and others:

I think it is important that we see clones who continued to serve the Empire because they were soldiers who did their job, and who were honestly convinced that the order established by the Empire represented a victory over the chaos of the Clone War; a victory which was only being threatened by the emergence of a new group of rebel 'terrorists.'

And I think that just because certain clones were our favorites, this shouldn't mean that they must automatically qualify as the heroes in a black and white tale of good and evil. Thankfully, ROTS gave us a TCW hero who could not be written out of Order 66 in Commander Cody.

We need to see more clones like him.

"But wait, Sabreon, I thought you liked that Rex was fighting the Empire?"

Yep, I do. I love it, in fact. And that's because I also agree with the likes of Watto, who argues that TCW gave us a more nuanced evolution of the clone characters. And that, given all which we had learned about Captain Rex, it's entirely appropriate for him to have followed-up on Fives' claims about an embedded "mind control" chip, to have had the thing resected, and then, when all was said and done, to have decided to fight against the Empire.

It's not the clone army of pre-2008 (AOTC, ROTS, the comics, video games, early novels or even Genndy Tartakovski's Clone Wars), no. But it is, I think, perfectly in-line with what has now been established by the Lucasfilm Story Group as Star Wars canon.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So true

Why can't the fall come faster.

13. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
  14. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Field Marshall wouldn't be much of a step up for Cody. He was already a Clone Marshall Commander which is equivalent to a High Jedi General. So I can only really see him heading to General. Or he could handle Special Operations like he did with Ghost Company. Than I guess he could keep hi Commander rank. I still love the idea of Cody being an Imperial officer though.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  16. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    In the real world, a Field Marshal is actually the equivalent of what in my part of the world is known as a "Five-Star General." The highest rank attainable (in other words, above a General).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_marshal

Maybe under the old rank system in SW, it seemed like not much of a "step up" for Cody, but assure you, it was meant to be the highest compliment possible for the guy.

And as far as the topic of Star Wars and their handling of rank is concerned?

Let's just say I'm really, really hopeful that they'll clear things up and get themselves some semblance of order under the new canon. Because under the old system, there was an awful lot of ??? about the handling of ranks in the various branches of the military, different regimes, and across various time periods. :oops:

You know what might make for a nice first step? If the LSG would simply come out and tell us the difference between the various colored pauldrons worn by the Stormtroopers in Rebels.

Under the new canon, is orange still worn by a Commander? What about red (white, black, etc.)? Is there some big secret about it? Would it be so hard for Pablo Hidalgo or Dave Filoni to just tell us?

Wouldn't that be nice? :)

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    that would be good because the ranking in SW is horrible.

18. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Field Marshal is equivalent to a 5 star General? Interesting. If by your part of the world, you mean the U.S., than yes I know what a 5 star General is. So I guess Field Marshall could make sense but Marshal Commander is already equivalent to the highest a of Jedi generals and Republic admirals. Also the color rankings were only for the first few months or so in the Clone Wars.
    Here are the ranks according to Wookiepedia. There also was something about the dots on the chest plate being part of the sub-rank but I can't find that.

White—Private (standard trooper).[13][2]
    Olive green—Sergeant; commanded squads made up of nine troops.[13][2]
    Blue—Lieutenant; commanded platoons composed of four squads (36 troops).[13][2]
    Red—Captain; commanded companies made up of four platoons (144 troops).[13][2]
    Yellow—Commander; commanded regiments made up of four battalions (2,304 troops).[13][2] Many of these commanders were grown with more capacity for independent thought than the rank-and-file clones,[42] and were sometimes known by nicknames rather than numbers.[41] They also received training from the ARC trooper Alpha-17.[13] Notable clone commanders included CC-2224, CC-5052, CC-1004, CC-1138, CC-1119, CC-8826 and CC-4477.[41]

Also I can't happen to find the thing on the different Commander ranks. The only ones I can remember are the standard, then Senior and then Marshal.
    EDIT: Found the article I was looking for, straight from the Wookie-

Clone Ranks
    Marshal Commander—The highest rank a clone soldier could attain. Like all commanders, their armor was color-coded yellow. The rank indicator HUD glyph was eight dots, arranged in two parallel horizontal lines of four. Each marshal commander was in command of a corps.[4]
    Senior Commander—The second highest rank attainable by the clone forces. Their armor was color-coded yellow and the rank indicator HUD glyph was two horizontal rows three dots running parallel. Each was in command of a brigade or legion.[4]
    Regimental Commander—Also indicated by yellow armor. HUD glyph was that of six dots, arranged in two parallel rows of three dots. Each was in command of a regiment.[4]
    Battalion Commander—the lowest commander rank of the clone forces. Also indicated by yellow armor, their HUD glyph was that of two dots, stacked vertically. Each was in command of a battalion.[4]
    Major—Their armor was color coded red. HUD glyph was four vertical lines running parallel. Each is in command of a battalion.[4]
    Captain—Captain's armor was also color-coded red, with three parallel vertical lines as rank indicator. Each was in command of a company.[4]
    Lieutenant—Indicated by blue armor. Rank was indicated by a pair of vertical parallel lines. Each was in command of a platoon.[4]
    2nd Lieutenant—Also indicated by blue armor. Rank was indicated by a single vertical line. Also in charge of a platoon.[4]
    Sergeant-Major—Indicated by green armor. Rank glyph is five right-to-left slashes. They were second-in-command of platoons.[4]
    Sergeant—Indicated by an olive green armor. Rank glyph is three right-to-left slashes. In command of a squad.[4]
    Corporal— The second lowest rank of clone forces. Rank indicator was two right-to-left slashes. They were second-in-command of squads.[4]
    Trooper—The lowest rank in the clone forces. Rank was indicated by a single right-to-left slash.[4]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  19. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep. :)
    I'm already familiar with the relationship between rank and color with the Phase 1 Clone armor, and the different Clone Officer ranks. But I appreciate the lengths of your effort. It's very good information for those who aren't already up-to-speed and it was cool of you to share it.

The Republic during the Clone Wars was probably the best example of a reasonably well-organized effort by Lucasfilm to get an ordered ranking system.

But then ROTS went and changed the meaning of color from "rank" to "unit" for the Phase 2 gear (which I actually thought was a cooler idea).

And then TCW went and confused things even further by making the color of the Phase 1 clones signify unit (instead of rank), and everything went out the window. [face_dunno]

But all of this was still better than the rank and insignia system of both the Empire and the Alliance (which, the good Lord knows, was all kinds of confused). :p

But anyway, all of that aside, what I was really talking about was the current canon meaning behind the various colors of the pauldrons worn by Imperial Stormtroopers in Rebels (and glimpsed briefly in ANH on the unit sent to Tatooine to collect Artoo and Threepio).

Under the old EU, there was a generally understood system (orange=Commander/Squad Leader, white=Sergeant, black=Corporal/Enlisted, etc.).

But even then, there were questions. Did red signify a medic or a "Field Trooper" who was equipped with a repeater rifle?

And under the new rules of canon, we understand even less. Truthfully, we don't actually know which color means what.

We can infer from Rebels that orange is for a Squad Leader, but then, the Inquisitor had troops he gave his orders to who wore red, and Grand Moff Tarkin was flanked by Stormtroopers wearing black.

So... what's up? Again, the truth is, we just don't know.

All of those old EU rules about the Imperial pauldrons we thought we had a handle on are moot now. They don't really mean much of anything anymore. And I think that if the LSG has any intention of ever getting us up-to-speed, a good place to start might be by defining the meaning behind all of those differently-colored pauldrons.

EDIT: But we're getting way down the rabbit-hole of geek-dom now. Back to Rex, Wolffe and Gregor! :D

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Interesting to note Filoni was semi Dodging questions about Cody.

Watto likes this.
  21. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Do we know what happened to the other millions of clones yet? I would imagine the Empire simply eliminated them all rather quickly.

Maybe they were all gathered on a planet to live together in paradise after serving the galaxy during the war, when out of nowhere the Death Star prototype had a test fire.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We know there were clones in the army 5 years after the clone wars so I would say no.

23. RanPaltine

RanPaltine Jedi Master

Jun 25, 2005
    Did you notice he also said "post Cody"? I am very curious about what he means by that.

To add my two cents on the Rex: Why wouldn't he have done everything he could to get the attention of the Jedi so all his brothers could be helped? If he deserted prior to order 66 I can only assume he was fine letting his brothers be mind controlled and fine with them killing the Jedi. That's not Rex or anyone likable.

I can only assume the chips were removed after. Especially with the comment from Dave, in the interview Watto linked on pg 7, saying Rex would not execute order 66 "in [his] mind." combined with Hera's voice actress saying part of Hera's job this season will be getting Kanan "to trust the troopers who were a part of order 66".

Very interesting but the wait time! :_|

edit: I just realized the comment about Hera getting Kanan to trust order 66 troopers refers to Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor OR more troopers or both?

24. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    Could you please tell more about what Filoni said regarding Cody, or is that all?

25. RanPaltine

RanPaltine Jedi Master

Jun 25, 2005
    Filloni was asked would Cody have stayed after orderr 66. Filloni says he's not going to answer but they've spoken about it and it's because Clone Wars was mainly on Rex. Transcribing here: "We tried to do things with Cody, but he was on Utapau, so we didn't have much control over what happened to Cody or post-Cody." Then he mentions again the end was going to be on Rex and Ashoka and he was getting into territory he couldn't speak on. Then the other writer says we get to see Cody every now and then but it was mainly Rex.

This was at the Anaheim panel. If you are able to watch, here is the link. The Cody question comes in at 19:55.

I'm in over analyzation mode of "post-Cody". I haven't been into fandom in years but back during RoTS I remember he was top clone and really close to Obi-wan so my mind is going into dark places thinking about what this means for my favorite pt clone.