main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The 3 Clone musketeers

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Apr 18, 2015.

1. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I would assume that the Empire would have faded them out. As they aged and became unfit for duty, the Empire would have included enlisted men more and more as clones became less an less frequent in the Imperial Army.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    It's been talked about before on Fate of the Clones thread. However Filoni could always pull out've his hat some colony of Clone Jangos that are recruited by Rex to fight the empire whom are left to die on some planet or whatever. ;)

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  3. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015

Thank you! I tend to think they just can't do much centered on Cody because it would be a too dark turn. We positively know he pulled the trigger and tried to murder one of his closest friends. It is very likely he continued to serve the Empire well. That is probably what is meant with "post-Cody", but it is not the kind of story Filoni wants to tell. His clone super friends Rex and Wolffe do not appear in RotS, and are 100% under Filoni's control; thus they can simply continue being the good guys they were.

RanPaltine likes this.
  4. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    I really hope we get to hear some of these stories. I love the idea of Rex and Cody being on different sides after always being shown as friends before order 66. Rex and Ahsoka were my favorite characters from TCW so glad they are both on Rebels now!! There is a lot of opportunity for good story material here :) I think the show will get more gritty next season but we'll see.

5. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Like the Clone Wars, it's probably gonna get a bit darker towards the end of Season 2. The Boba Fett Arc of Season 2 is when the Clone Wars started to get a bit of a new tone.

Chris_Fives likes this.
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Late to the game here, but I'm stoked for these three! :D

Back when I first got into the SW fandom (oh, I'd seen the movies before, but I hadn't delved into the deeper mythos yet) one of the first series I read was Karen Traviss' Republic Commando. Those books totally won me over to clone fandom. I absolutely loved them and the diverse characterization among these clones who were physically identical. Now, TCW was already around at the time (only S1 and S2, though) so I started following it in-depth in S3, and I was thrilled when the first S3 episodes were about ARC Troopers. For a long time, those episodes were the best of the show for me. Rex became my favorite character in the series, for sure. I was fourteen at the time, and I had begun collecting the action figures–so naturally, I was all about the clone figures. I actually still have all of them; I think I have all but a few of the TCW line's clone troopers.

When S4 came along, with the Umbara arc, I was completely blown away. Those episodes delved into Rex's character in a whole new way, while also giving new life to the characters of Fives (previously the most bland of the Domino Squad, to me), Jesse, Hardcase, and Kix. I was disappointed that S5 didn't really have a "clone-centric" arc but I was okay with it because the Darth Maul arc was one of the best of the series, and it also had Gregor (who was awesome!) so I forgave that. Then when the Fives arc in the Lost Missions came out, I was impressed by how similar it was to the way KT might've written the characters in her books. One thing I loved was how Fives wasn't only in this to save his brothers, but the Jedi. That was something we hadn't really seen before; in KT's books, yeah, some clones went against the Republic, but they did it for the other clones. Fives doing it for the Jedi, too? That was great. So when that arc ended, and Rex knew about everything, I hoped that someday we'd find out he'd ditched and refused to follow Order 66.

Enter this trailer–man, I was blown away! This is really a dream come true for the part of me that still dwells in that nostalgic part of the early fandom, where SW was as much about clones to me as about Jedi and Sith. And to have not only Rex, but Wolffe and Gregor involved? Yes! I never believed Gregor was actually dead; in the books, it always stated that Republic Commando armor was extremely strong and only a direct hit from a ship cannon. So Gregor surviving that massive explosion wasn't out of the question for me. I do think it's interesting that he's a little...you know...loony, now. I wonder if that's the result of more head trauma from that blast (even given the fact that he was in armor, as the books indicated, that would be like being bounced around inside a box during the explosion), or a side effect of removing the chip? Either way it should be funny (or painful, as the case may be) to watch.

One more thing–it definitely looks like the clones have a plethora of weapons aboard the walker (which is ridiculously cool, BTW); Rex is shown with a DC-15 rifle and Zeb is shown using one of the old Z-6 rotary cannons the clones used. So am I the only one hoping that, at some point, Rex will whip out his good old twin pistols and go to town on some stormies? :D

7. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I would love for Rex to use his pistols! I also hope he gets his helmet.

Watto, shorttrooper and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. shorttrooper

Dec 3, 2014
    Revanfan1

Reading the Republic Commando series now. Love it so far :)

Trebor Sabreon, Vorax and Revanfan1 like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It's a real shame the Null arcs were not recanonized but they are good books.

10. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    We got the Bad Batch to make up for the experimentally modified and black ops Clones. But sadly no Mando-Clones :(

Trebor Sabreon and Vorax like this.
  11. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    I was wondering about that... do you think the clones are smuggling/outsourcing weapons to the rebellion? They seem really heavily armed for some retired fishermen in the middle of nowhere .

12. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I'm hoping for a PMC like job but it's probably just smuggling weapons.

13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Could be just some limited arsenal they scrapped together before they went AWOL. Only so many guns and ammo they can horde and carry on board that tank . The weight looks increased with their modifications already added to the superstructure upper hull and roof. Though I would not rule out a possible liar, unless they live and sleep on board that machine - still it needs to be fed(fuel) and maintained(spare parts for that vehicle cant be that common unless there is some old junk yard readily available in spare parts, ammo and fuel ect).

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It's been stated several times that if the Empire saw the clones they would want them dead.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am so excited to see What kanan thinks.

16. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013

GOOD SOLDIERS FOLLOW ORDERS

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe Rex will say that to him the moment he first sees him and
    then he is like JK.

18. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013

Lightsabers are quicker than jokes.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  19. RanPaltine

RanPaltine Jedi Master

Jun 25, 2005
    I can't remember where the source is, but back when Filloni was saying the clones wouldn't be in Rebels, I can swear he said something like: they are old men working on the docks. Some of them aren't fine with what they did and some of them look at it as having followed orders.

Does anyone else know where that might have been said? I was looking at the season 2 trailer on DisneyXD which made me watch the clip from the con again. Now I'm wondering how that applies to Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor. If it even does at all.

Watto and shorttrooper like this.
  20. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Absolutely!

Two clone Officers who were close war buddies with so much in common in their youth. Men who start out on such similar paths, but who wind up with such very different destinies.

I know that I've said it before, but I'm really rooting for the Rex v. Cody Rebels Superfight. (If I were Filoni, I'm not so sure that I'd be able to resist making that one happen!):)

21. shorttrooper

Dec 3, 2014
    I think we're going to get some awesome flashbacks of Kanan and Depa and order 66. Because that was the Inquisitor's whole line of taunting with Kanan in the season finale so this will be important. And possibly the clones trying to execute them.

And maybe we'll get some flashbacks of certain clone characters during order 66 *cough Cody cough*

Trebor Sabreon
    If he does come back, would you rather him be a total bad guy arch nemesis or have a redeeming moment at the end?

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We won't get flash backs but we do get Kanqn the last padawan.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Something to note is that Clones got some very honorable positions in the Empire for instance they were Red Guards.

darklordoftech and Iron_lord like this.
  24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I suppose I think Cody should be a "true believer" type. Not a "bad guy," per se; no redemption required.

Just a soldier who honestly believes that the rebels are threatening what the Empire represents: Order that is eminently preferable to the unbridled chaos and destruction of the Clone War.

When confronted with accusations of Imperial atrocities? Probably a 'denier.' Or, if he does recognize that the Empire is responsible for some crimes, I could maybe see Cody excusing such examples as the acts of a few fanatics, zealots, etc.

"Mistakes have been made, yes. But most of us are brave men and women fighting for what we believe in, Rex." That kind of thing.

And I'm sure he'd see Rex as the 'bad guy.' The betrayer.

My big question would be how Cody (or any other Imperial clone) might react if ever presented with proof -- not only that every clone was implanted with an inhibitor chip -- but that that chip irrefutably compelled the clones to commit Order 66.

Maybe it would matter to him? Or maybe he wouldn't even bat an eyelash? But I'd like to know.

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes this was likely an IGN interview since Eric Goldman is good about bringing up those kind of questions. Filoni has become known for these half truths and it's now a college level course studying his evasions and what they imply. The funny thing about the "docks" quote is that he now says when he was drawing concepts of Rex for Rebels, he drew him like his grandpa fishing. So the docks weren't far off!

Trebor Sabreon and Iron_lord like this.