main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 3D Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Palp_Faction, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    There still seems to be confusion as to what form the forthcoming TV shows will take. It's now rumoured that the live action series will be 3D. I've read the same official reports as everyone else and have come to a completely different conclusion.

The way I see it is that the animated series will be 3D, not as in Jaws 3D, but rather Toy Story 3D etc as opposed to traditional cartoon animation. Any notion of having to wear 3D glasses will be restricted to the films when they are re-released in 2007 in 3D. The live action series will be shot like every other show i.e. in good ol' 2D.

2. Bruce_Lee_Philosophy

Bruce_Lee_Philosophy Jedi Knight

Jun 28, 2005
    The news on the main page doesn't mean anything to you?

The Star Wars live action television show will feature 3-D ( you'll need glasses )

The animated Star Wars television show will use 3-D animation ( similar to Pixar, Toy Story etc )

3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    There was an Update,

#

***UPDATED!

Scott writes in with this :

"Great article!!! I think I have two corrections for you:

*The Star Wars live action television show will feature 3-D (you'll need glasses )

I think Lucas started out talking about the CGI animated series. Then in the middle of the Q&A, I think he started talking about turning A New Hope into a 3-D film (which he has said he'd do before and they've done to bits of the film already). I don't think the live action TV show will be in 3-D.

The other thing was saying that Darth Vader wouldn't appear in the live action TV series. I haven't seen a quote yet saying he wouldn't."

Good points Scott! Thanks for helping out! Thanks to a few others who also wrote in with very similar points!

4. DARTH-RICHA

DARTH-RICHA Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    Don't believe everything you read about the "live-action television series" while you only have my word to go on and I will probably get laughed off this board. I have it from some very reliable sources (friends at Lucasfilm/ILM) that this whole thing is a cover-up for something coming to a much bigger screen and taking place at a later time in the Star Wars universe. Hence, the reason for the purchase of the Presidio in California (in which multiple soundstages are currently under construction) by Lucasfilm and the studios to be used in Australia.

5. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    The best way to ensure that the live-action series will fail miserably would be for viewers torequire 3D glasses to watch it.

6. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    I forget when this was. But some years ago a SUPER BOWL Halftime show was in 3-D.But was done in a way that one could watch it in regular 2-D without the proper glasses. Perhaps GL will use that. But without Darth Vader/Palpatine/Luke/Obi-Wan/or Yoda. I doubt there will be that great an audience for it anyway.

7. The_Mastervader

The_Mastervader Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2004
    Alright Darth-Richa, it's time to spill the beans on everything you know.

8. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    PPOR.

9. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this were true... Remember about 6 months or so before ROTS came out, Lucas had all his employees sign a document which bound them to secrecy about anymore possible SW films... It didn't say anything about a TV series however [face_thinking]

The next thing we'll probably hear are delays and when shooting does get underway they'll claim to be doing the entire first season at once...

The release of the films in 3D and an animated series could be the perfect cover for something much bigger than a live action TV series. Just keep your eyes open and stay open to different ideas :)

10. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't know about that but I will keep my eyes open and we also have an official Clone Wars 3D Animated Series thread. A link to that thread is provided below:

http://boards.theforce.net/Small_Screen_Star_Wars/b10467/20757653/?76

I also doubt that the Live Action TV Series will require 3D glasses in order to view it. I've also known for quite a while that the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series would use the Final Fantasy movies type 3D animation since it has been said that it is going to contain elements of Asian Anime in it. As I said before the bit about the Live Action TV Series requiring 3D glasses is probably not true.

11. marc_craigwb

marc_craigwb Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    please dont tease me!mind you hope its new feature film and tv series!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.