main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [The 4400] Somewhere In Between- angsty vig featuring Diana and Marco

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Title: Somewhere In Between
    Characters: Diana/Marco
    Timeframe: shortly after Season 4 episode'Try The Pie'
    Genre: drama
    Author Notes: Please forgive the misnomer of the town that Tom visited in 'Try the Pie'. I did a cursory search and couldn't find it. This vig is inspired by Diana's private and work related turmoil in the wake of 'The Truth and Nothing But the Truth'.

?What I am doing here?? Diana Skouris said under her breath, shaking her head at the destructive nature of her arrival at this place. Maia had a sitter, though she resented the idea, saying she was old enough to take care of herself. Tom had gone home, preferring think on his son?s recent ?religious? conversion on his own. Ben was gone; sulking off to Europe after she had chosen her job over him and a relatively carefree life in Spain.

?You?re taking a break,? said Marco Pacella, entering the room with a spring in his step. This only served to heighten her feelings of guilt about meeting him privately in the ?Theory Room?. ?It?s good to see you one on one. It?s been a while.? He handed her a cup of tea, lowering his head and quickly moving behind his desk. She could tell he was nervous, but shy had never been his problem.

?What have you learned about Collier?s whereabouts since he evacuated Fairview?? she asked, trying to keep the conversation work related.? She cupped the mug of tea in both hands and raised it to her nose to take in the scent.

?Do we have to talk about Jordan?? Marco asked, taking a pull from a water bottle. ?I was hoping to catch up a bit. You?ve been gone for a long time.?

She smiled weakly, letting out a long sigh. ?It?s not smart of me to be here, Marco. I mean, alone with you.?

?Why?? he replied, standing and coming to her side. He put a hand on her shoulder. ?Have I ever given you a reason not to trust me??

?Of course not, but I?Ben.? She did not meet his eyes, lowering the cup of tea to her lap.

Marco removed his hand from her shoulder at the mention of Ben?s name, but did not move away or harden himself to her. ?I won?t lie and say that I?m not glad he?s gone, but you made a choice that you thought best for you. Diana, you are invested in the 4400 in every aspect of your life. I can see how you would want to see it through.?

?You are sweet, Marco,? she said, in small voice. ?It seems that a normal life is not in the cards for me.?

?Don?t get down on yourself, Diana,? he said, raising her chin with his hand. It was a bold move, she thought, but he was acting as a friend, and didn?t appear to be making any awkward advances. ?I know this was a hard decision for you. Perhaps, it was Ben that made the wrong decision? Why didn?t he stay??

It was a good question and, strangely, one that never crossed her mind. He had just asked if it was over. She knew that he hoped for a reconnection at some point in the future, but he had not fought for her; he made no stand. Hindsight is 20/20, but she made no move to keep them together either. The relationship, as fun and passionate and fulfilling as it was, just dissipated like cold breath on a winter day. She could neither blame not take the blame. It just happened. Maia seemed the only one that wanted to fight, but she knew words would not suffice. But some of Maia?s words could not be ignored. She had said that she saw them married. Married? The relationship as it was was more of an affair. But, an affair that could have lasted.

?I don?t know, Marco,? she replied gloomily. ?I guess neither of us fought very hard to keep it together.?

Marco brightened at this, but almost imperceptibly. Only her trained eye caught his glimmer of hope. He shook his head as if to dispel the feeling of depression that had fallen on the room. He stepped back toward his desk.

?Jordan must be hold up in the Cascade foothills, somewhere east of Monroe,? Marco said, returning to business, and using his laser pointer to highlight Highway 2. ?We should be able to track a group of one hundred people fairly easily. We have tactical teams out there as we speak s

2. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Aw, nice :) I always wondered why they ended that relationship so soon. They were cute together.

3. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Pallas-Athena: Thanks you for reading. I agree that this relationship should have continued rather than be rouldly ignored at the beginning of season 3. I wanted to show that Marco still has feelings for Diana, even though she broke it off. I also wanted to show that Diana valued Marco as a friend, if no longer a romantic interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.