main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA The 4th meeting of the Inland Empire Fan Force

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Anakin_Skywalker_X, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kavic

Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    ooohhh....that's just great Dan. For your information we have done lost of things together as a fan force, you just never came. We have the comic con coming up, the john williams concert, eddie izzard, and many other things. You aren't a former member because of lack of participation, you are a former member because you moved away. You can play your holier than thou bullcrap but when it comes down to it, when you were voted into the office of Secretary, you DID NOTHING!!!! You contributed absolutely nothing. While it is true that we haven't had many events in the last 2 months, these are due to scheduling problems and tragic circumstances, (like Brandon's grandma being on her deathbed, you inconsiderate.....argh) You never participated on these boards.

It has been brought up that the IE is immature.....well it is true that most of our members are under 21, but you dont' see us on other boards telling them how they should run their FF or what is or isn't Star Wars related. Our members enjoy these boards and we have fun as a group, with the exception of what.....3? Big deal, Armand was 40+, he couldn't connect with anyone in the IE, that's too bad, but he fits better with the SD which has more members that are of his age group. We respect and appreciate all of our members and former members.

You are Trolling, you have posted on these board regarding an issue that has nothing to do with this thread, this Fan Force, or Star Wars.

Leave Dan, we are a better FF without Trolls like you.

2. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Wow! I go and have a family emergency and look what happens!

Anyhow, I really want to thank everyone who showed up at the meeting! It was great finally meeting Eddie and Nathan, and I can't wait until we can all get together again!

and about the RPG....grrrrr....damn Jawa! ;)

3. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    no you didnt Loose me...you guys drove me out...and i WAS a member, and this isnt a private board....if you dont want us on here, get your own board....

Also....of all those events how many did you guys actually plan??? most of those your just mooching off of SD and OC FF chapters...

And dont be talkin crap on armand....you say he didnt connect with anyone? Well i happen to be pretty good friends with Armand...he just saw what i saw, that you guys are pretty immature and most of the things you do dont have anyhting to do with SW, just talking about the crap you all do at school.

Also, what was i supposed to contribute huh?? my job a secretary was to help coordinate things....but there was nothing to coordinate so what can i do??.....also,these boards are for SW discussion...the reason i was never here is cause all you guys talk about is petty crap.

4. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    OKAY...Enough!
    This has gone too far! let's just drop this topic of conversation.
    Dan, I'm sorry that you feel we drove you out. We are a youn fanforce, and are admittidly trying to figure everything out.
    Dan, you haven't been to any of our events, so don't presume to know what we have been doing. I'm not going to rehash this old arguement we've been having for what...months?
    lets all just try to get along, okay?
    it's not that hard....

5. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    well, actually i have been to alot of events...at least the SW related ones... so i do know what im talkin about.

6. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    Like I said, I'm not going to get into this arguemnet...As for the meeting minutes, they'll be up soon.

7. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Ok, ok,.......I'd like to preface by saying that most of us don't troll your boards. Occasionally I do pop in to see how everyone is doing because I'd like to think that I have some friends in the IE and just wish the group the best of luck. The comment on who evolved from whom has been addressed, and made clear/resolved, imho.

I certainly had my reasons for leaving the group, and some of them have been mentioned without my even being involved in this discussion. Since I was brought up, I feel that it is my right to post now. I would like to mention that it is NOT anyone's board to claim as their own forum, as it is under the provider of TF.N and is indeed linked to all the other boards. Personally, I have posted in Asian, European, and other US boards. That's what makes this community strong through its diversity-through-unity. Anyone may come and share. Granted, it is the IE's forum, and perhaps the initial "outer chapter" posts may have been a bit harsh. But, life itself is filled with critics and observers. It is how we respond to the initial comments that defines us as far as how we project our image. A cool and level-headed response carries much more weight than a hasty and "shouted" one. Remember, the first one to lose their cool is usually the loser.

I am fully convinced that the IE has amongst its ranks some of the cleverest minds in this So. Kal. region. With time, this intelligence will manifest itself into a system to deliver proper emotion, content, and information in a mature and lucid, free from shouting and cursing, manner.

Rather than retaliate in an offensive/defensive manner, why not seek to prove the naysayers wrong? Surely you have records/minutes, reports, pictures, posts, etc. than can be quickly presented with a cool, in-your-face delivery that would quash any doubt. Surely, as a chapter with four entire meetings under your belt, you have a system in place that records your club goings-on. Right? If for no other reason than to be able to present information to a prospective member who asks the ubiquitous "What exactly does a FF chapter like yours do?". If you don't, then there is another point to address at your next meeting.

Let's not discount the purely human nature of "messing with people". It all depends on how high you all jump when poked with the sharp stick, that provides the impetus for the next round. If you let it "get to you" and show it, then it'll be hard to make go away.

Many different chapters have primary interests. Some are RPG. Cool. Some are costumers. Cool. Some are talk groups. Cool. Regardless of the focus, don't feel the need to defend, but, rather, to enlighten. I, personally, am usually "up" for learning something new. I may have zero interest in it, but am still willing to listen to an explanation at least. Don't shut yourselves into your little empire, rather, come out and play with everyone else.

Yes, I did find the average age to be a bit out of my range and level of shared interests, but if the topic of SW would have been the underlying theme, I believe that it could have bridged any age boundaries. As it was, most of the posts at my departure WERE, indeed, immature and simply idle chit-chat. Hey, cool, knock yourselves out with that. But, don't expect a casual observer to interpret it as any more than a bunch of adolescents playing around.

What I have seen of late is a group that has increased its numbers, possibly focused its attention a bit more, is more serious about evolving into a "serious" group, and perhaps matured a bit more. However, for those of us who saw the beginning stages, it is only normal for us to harbor a slight tinge of doubt and a need to see the evolution. I'd like to think you have established yourselves, but as any new group, still have the requisite "proving to everyone else" that you can indeed stay afloat and not founder. You're certainly on your way, and we only wish you the best of luck.

I've tried to stay pretty level-headed here. If this can just die in its tracks, all the better. If not, this can always pro

8. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    "its not the years...its the mileage!"

here, here.
    i guess im outta here then...no more need to defend myself. Good luck with your chapter.

9. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    Armand, I defenitly count you as a friend, and I'm sorry that we don't get to see you as much!
    I agree with your point completly, and as I said, We DO have the meeting minutes, however, our secretary had a family emergency, and was unable to make it to the meeting. We had another person taking minutes, and he hasn't posted them yet. but they are coming.

and you aren't that old ;)

10. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    Nicely put Armand! I agree with you 100% O and love the signatures bye the way [face_laugh] .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.