Wash, DC The 4th Meeting Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Fellow Delegates,

It is time to start discussing the 4th meeting. At the last meeting it was suggested that we have it at a library. Well this turned out to be harder than you think. After two days of reserching and hundreds of rude librarians. I have found one library in the area that will suit our needs. I had to make reservation already so we don't lose the room, but it can be cancelled if you all don't want to do it there.

The room is at the Sherwood Regional Library, 2501 Sherwood Hall Lane, Alexandria, VA 22306

You will have to take the Metro bus if you don't have a car.

The date is the 6th of Oct at 2pm. We can have up to 80 people there.

For Metro directions go to:
    www.wmata.com

Let's here your opinions
  2. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Im good, nothing on the calender so far so it sounds good to me.
  3. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't make it that day. But I can't make it any weekend except for the 19th (which is the party) so I don't think I'll be making October's meeting. :( TK can still go if she gets a ride.
  4. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I won't be there either... I am out of town from Oct 5-13.
  5. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well i'm sorry you two can't make it. I or Jen will pick up TK if she wants to go. tell her to email me and we'll figure it out
  6. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sure TK will be happy with that, thanks!
  7. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    6th October sounds fine to me. Sundays are usually better for me as I play rugby on Saturdays.

Its abit of a trek for me, but I don't mind making my way down from Bethesda. Perhaps if I manage to meet Mitt in advance we could metro down together.

malkie
  8. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I liked the Sunday better too. Saturday is so hecktick. Cartoons all morning, go out at noon looking for star wars stuff. sunday is a lazy day.
  9. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll have to let you all know, thats the day after my dads birthday and we might be having the party that day. (Because we are having the Bridal Shower the day of)

I'd be happy to Metro with you, malkieD2.
  10. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I was thinking that we are senators, not delegates, but really we are only "shadow" ones since D.C. has no real reps, delegates, or senators, just "shadow" ones.

11. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    in the Republic Senate they are called Delegates, so that's why I called us that. I almost said Dellow Felegates, but didn't want to get flamed for a JAr JAr reference.
  12. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  13. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    I think you are on your own then :p

I don't dislike the character, I just don't think he fits in properly. I loved the side comedy of C3PO in the OT, but Jar Jar misses the mark.

malkie
  14. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

star 4
    So far, that weekend's open, so Ken and I will be there. Good job on finding a library! I'm also going to look into the Party Room in our apartment building - I'm not sure what I'd have to do to reserve it, but I'll find out for future reference.
  15. JediShaLee Jedi Master

star 3
    I will not be able to make the meeting on the 6th. i have to work. I have already taken leave for the 10/19 and 11/16 plus leave last meeting soooo, I better be good and work on the 6th.( unless I can trade a shift with someone) I will try.:(
  16. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Would it be better if we changed the meeting to the 19th? atleast three people have said they can't make the 6th. We can go to Richmond from the meeting for those who want to go.
  17. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    I would love for you to change it to the 19th! Of course that is for my own selfish reasons.... ;) Whatever you guys decide is fine!
  18. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The idea is to get as many people as we can. If alot of people can make a certain date, and others fell it would be better to change it we change it.

I call for a vote.

Sun Oct 6th
    Sat Oct 19th

We need to decide by Weds so I can change the date if need be.
  19. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
  20. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Um, my birthday is Oct. 19th so well, I might have other plans.
  21. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    hey i can change plans its all good. My birthday is the 18th, so a major party down in richmond would be a blast. and we can also think CARPOOL to richmond.
  22. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

star 4
    6th, 19th, either one works for me, I think.
  23. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    the meeting would still be here at the library.
  24. Plurimus Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm not sure if I can make it. BTW, Malkie and Mitt, I live in Gaithersburg and pass Rockville/Bethesda on my way anywhere. If you need a lift, I'd be happy to pilot my Ambassador's Ship to the Senate.

Also, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm doing the lightsaber choreography for a SW fan film to be shot over the next half year. I forget what the website is, but its posted in the DC thread list. BTW, they're still looking for people to be delegates in a Senate scene, as well as people to be in a night club scene.
  25. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    Can't make it to the meeting if it is on the 19th.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.