main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC The 4th Meeting Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    we have 7 votes for Sunday the 6th
    and 7 votes for Saturday the 19th.

If you said either day, please chose one

I haven't voted yet. If no one else votes between now and wedsday, then I'll cast the tie breaker. So please vote.

2. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Either day is okay for me. But if the new guy has to break the tie and piss 7 people off...let's go for the 6th just because I'm anxious :)

3. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    but if you go for the 6th I won't be able to grace you with my wonderful presence. I vote for the 19th. :)

4. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    You've got a point strange :) I can be there on both dates if anyone else will me there to meet me.

5. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Ok, I'll vote for the 6th - that way anyone going to the party in Richmond won't be rushed on the 19th.

6. DarkJediTionne

DarkJediTionne Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2002
    I vote the 6th

7. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    During rugby season I am not usually available on a saturday (runs till Nov. 2nd), hence I'd prefer a Sunday meeting, so October 6th works better for me

malkie

8. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    two days left to vote.

9. Ken_the_CHOD

Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    I'm for the 6th. There will essentially be a meeting on the 19th as we saddle up to get to Richmond anyway.

10. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    sniff. I will miss you guys!! Maybe I'll have to drag myself down to Richmond for the Halloween party...

11. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Speaking of which, the Co-Op meets on Saturday for our annual picnic. We're supposed to talk more about the Halloween party then, so I should have some updates next week. :)

12. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    OK, here?s the official announcement

Please come join the Galactic Senate on the 6th of October at 2 o?clock at the Sherwood Regional Library, 2501 Sherwood Hall Lane, Alexandria, VA 22306. We will be discussing the MFC Halloween party, the DVD Viewing party, our Life Day Party in Dec and the Crazy Old Wizards Trading Card Game League. This month?s special topic is costume ideas. Remember to ask for the Galactic Senate?s room.

13. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Sorry Master, I will not be there on the 6th however since the 19th is the Holloween party I was wondering if we are all going to meet and go together or separately.Since I live in maryland I can get to Richmond via Rt 301 but if we are all going to meet I need to know time and place as I am working half of that day and want to be sure to have off when I need to.

14. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I'm guessing that will get discussed at the meeting... Of course I won't know because I can't go. :( I'm sure Tim will let us know the plan...

15. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    well, My Padawan, hopefully most of us will be at WOTC till 5:30 that night. Crazy Old Wizards

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I've been meaning to ask about that... What time is the party supposed to start? Do we know yet?

17. Tohrec-Ri

Tohrec-Ri Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    Hi Everyone

I plan to make it on the 6th.

Here's some upcoming events to consider:

'ATLANTIQUE CITY' HOLIDAY MEGAFAIR
    ?The Largest Indoor Art, Antique
    & Collectibles Fair in the World
    Over 10 1/2 Acres of Indoor Excitement.
    Exhibitors from 41 states plus Canada, Great Britain, Europe and the Orient. ?
    http://www.atlantiquecity.com

This includes Star Wars collectibles. In Jersey, but I am willing to take the trek. Although this is also the date of the Halloween Party.

BALTIMORE COMIC-CON
    October 26 and 27, 2002
    at the Baltimore Convention Center

I haven't seen any Star Wars guests listed per se. But guest Roy Thomas was the writer/editor who arranged for Marvel Comics to get the license to publish the original Star Wars adaptations and subsequent series 'back in the day'.

Hector

18. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Their meeting is at 8:30, the party is afterwards around 9ish. it takes 1 and 1/2 hours to get there. Sooo we can do the league (maybe in costume) and then carpool down there. Jedi ShaLee has a mini van. I'm willing to chip in gas to gas pool rather than drive.

TK i still need a babysitter. If you can't do it do you have any friends

19. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I can drive if need be and can take people with me or I don't mind riding with someone else either. Of course, I can't take many people because the back seat is kind of small in an Eclipse

20. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Tim, I don't think TK can babysit. Her Homecoming Dance is that night after all and most of her friends will be there too. If we think of anyone, we'll let you know.

21. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Actually the party will most likely start at 9:30pm. It's possible it could start earlier, but plan on 9:30. It may go as long as 2am. Do you guys need me to find hotel information for you?

There's also a possibility we might allow minors. I'm just not sure if it's a good idea or not...it is a restaurant on top of a bar...but...I dunno. I'm gonna look into it and we will discuss it at our meeting this weekend. If you guys have any opinions on the matter, feel free to post about it.

Thanks,
    Keith

22. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Hotel info? Yes please!! That would be one long depressing ride home. I-95 at 3 am... ick.

23. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Hotel info would be great in my humble opinion.

24. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    In the next day or so I'll post all the info from our meeting yesterday about news to the Halloween Party. Check for it here:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8427450&replies=2

Keith

25. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Sorry master I had forgotten about the Crazy Old Wizards that day. Once again you remind me of what I need to learn and know.
    Yes, I have a mini van and since I use to move a hockey team around in it I would be more then happy to provide rides To the party. If people are going to want to stay in a motel that is alright with me I will be very flexable I will just need info as we get closer. I think doing the league in costume would be fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.