Wash, DC The 4th Meeting Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    At commander, are you coming on the 6th? It would be great to get to meet you
  2. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah im going to try to make it, how long does the meeting last cause ill proberly have to work right after it.
  3. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    the meeting last an hour, but we BS afterwards for a while.
  4. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh cool, you guys are going to be in costume on the 19th?? Awesome! That means I won't miss out on seeing you all dressed up!
  5. Plurimus Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will be there for Oct 6th.
  6. Vaders_Kid Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey Guys!

I guess I'm the new guy on the block and was interested in getting some info on what's up with this meeting on Oct. 6th. I'm not at all new to theforce.net, and have been a huge SW fan forever and several days, but haven't really participated in the Jedi Forums that often. I happened to see that you guys were planning a meeting at Sherwood Library (not too far from me) so I thought I'd pop on to see if I could find out more about you guys and what's going onl. I assume that this meeting revolves around some event taking place on the 19th? I'd love to know more if possible. I have several SW costumes (mainly Luke's) and am always looking for an excuse to put it on with fellow fans.

Thanks!
    Bruce
  7. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello and welcome! (Yay, a Luke fan!)

We usually have a meeting once a month to get together and talk about upcoming events. (I say usually like we've been doing it forever; actually we just started this up a couple of months ago...) At this month's meeting we'll discuss the Halloween party in Richmond on the 19th, the DVD viewing party in Nov, as well as other topics. (Ok, well not me... I won't be there. I'll be on vacation.) Anyway, please join in on the fun!

Also, if you happen to play the Trading Card Game (or if you want to learn how... or if you want to just hang out with a bunch of cool SW nerds), we usually play Saturdays at Wizards of the Coast at Pentagon City. This Saturday we'll be playing at 3:30 (although some of us might get there sooner...). Feel free to join us!
  8. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Welcome, It's so nice to see new faces here. We would love to have you join us on the 6th or on Saturday for the Crazy Old Wizards SW: TCG League. If you send me your email address I can put you on our mailing list for all upcoming events. Again Welcome
  9. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Welcome, Vaders Kid!
  10. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hi VK! I hope you like it here. :)
  11. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
  12. Vaders_Kid Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for the "welcome abroad" from you all! I feel like one of the gang already! I am certainly going to try to make the meeting on the 6th if I can. I have several auditions coming up this week (yeah, I'm one of those actor types!) so it'll depend on whether or not I'm cast in something and we go right into rehearsals. The party in Richmond sounds like a blast. I hope to make that as well if possible.
    Anyway, thanks so much for the kind welcome and I look forward to seeing you guys (hopefully!!) on the 6th.

MTFBWY (just can't help saying that!!!)
    Bruce (VK)
  13. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    David, I like the new Icon. it suits you.

Vader's Kid - I hope we get to meet you this weekend
  14. Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome to the GS, Vader's Kid. One of the main activities on the 6th (or after it) will be basic costuming for those who know nothing about it. Hope you can join in, since the 2 "veterans" giving out the pointers know frighteningly little.

Can you help out? Interested in having others bask in the glow of your wisdom? I sure hope so! See you there.

15. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Would you guys mind if a MDFF member attended the meeting?
  16. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You are more than welcome to come down.
  17. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I've got another topic for the meeting - Capclave is coming up the weekend of the 19th. Tiny little literary con, but it's a DC thing - if we do want to get some fliers together, this might be a place to set some out. Ken and I have a friend who I assume is going and he'll drop them off for us.
  18. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Is the meeting still gboing to be at the library, or has it been moved?
  19. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It is still at the library
  20. Vaders_Kid Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'd love to share my costuming expertise at the Oct. 6th meeting. The only problem is, I really don't have any! 90% of the costumes I've worn (Star Wars or otherwise) have been made for me. What little knowledge I do have, I'm more than happy to share.
    See you guys Sunday!

Vaders Kid
  21. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I won't be able to come. :(
    I hope the next time though!
  22. Jedi_Astryd Jedi Master

star 1
    Hi evryone, I haven't posted since you guys were getting the first meeting together, but I've been keeping up with whats going on and Dark Jedi Kam has been letting me know when meetings are. I am going to try to make it on Sunday, if I can figure out how to get there. I live in Great Falls and hardly ever go to Alexandria. I may get lost. :(

Hope to see everyone there

EDIT: Grammer mistakes (I am trying to get several things done at once)
  23. Vaders_Kid Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just read Jedi Astryd's post about the meeting on Sunday, and the fact that she's up in Great Falls and not real familiar with the area down here. I just thought I'd mention that if she or anyone else might want to carpool down to the library, I'd be happy to drive. I live in the Alexandria/Falls Church area of Virginia and know exactly where the library is. We could all meet at a centralized locale and go from there.
    Just thought I'd mention it...

See you guys!
    VK
  24. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    I won't be at the meeting today, something came up at work and I have to go in early. Sorry guys, I will be at Card Game next weeek though. Also, I won't be atteneding the richmond party, I have very little money right now. and Christmasd is coming, so we are saving up for that.
  25. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, even though I've already met most of the few people that were at the meeting today it was nice to meet a couple more and I was truly honored to meet members of the 501st. Thanks for coming. We hope to see you at future meetings.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.