main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV The 501st in Las Vegas and Revenge of The Sith

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Bleyd, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bleyd

Bleyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    I know alot of you are planning on other places to see EP3 but just a quick reminder that The Neon City Garrison and Rebel Legion will be at Neonopolis for the midnite showing AND that Saturday. They're planning something for the weekend but I'm not sure what.

If anyone has seen Danakin or Obi-Dan in the Comic-con video at starwars.com they will both be there along with Lord Vader his stormtroopers and rumor has it the Emperor himself will be overseeing the final operations in the last installment. If you go for the midnite showing plan to see LOTS of troopers and Saturday lots of Jedi.

Rumor mill has it there will be EP3 actors(s) in town and if so we're inviting them. Still no word from the Mayor but if my contact is succesful Oscar will be there as well.

Hope everyone enjoys the movie. From what I've seen(the first 10 minutes) you WILL very much so enjoy this one. If The Empire Strikes Back is your favorite then this may take it's place as the fan's favorite movie.

Mr. Lucas himself has penned this movie "The Titanic in Space" I think this is a hint that he wishes to topple Titanic from it's number one spot that he had for so long with the OT. Let's not disappoint him.

Now I need to get back in my garage and work on a few things for the premiere. Drop off about 100 yards of raw silk to my seamstress. Throw a costume in the dye bath one more time to get the color JUST right. Polish some armor, pack my airbrush and makeup and.....and....

Enjoy the movie.

Oh, and May The Force Be With You!!!

2. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    Oh for those that didn't see this. The 501st C3 photo.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/501stgroup1.jpg&text=The%20Mighty%20501st%20With%20Jay%20Laga'aia

3. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Is the Neonopolis Theater selling advanced tickets for the Midnight Premiere?

I have my "second viewing" ticket for The Orleans Thursday night.

So, will the EPIII actors and the Mayor be there for Midnight or for Saturday?

I have a costume planned but still waiting for my contacts to get back with me to make it so. *crosses fingers* some white armor and a head bucket...

EDIT: yeah, met with some of those guys in the group photo at CIII. The guy in the Blue Senate Guard gear was one of my contacts for a possible Blue Guard outfit but I never got to meet him there.

4. miek

miek Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    http://www.movietickets.com/

You can buy Neonopolis tix from the above link, but it appears the midnight showing is sold out.

5. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    I'd check the theatre itself. They have 3 cans and most likely will open all 3 theatres for it like last time. Keep checking.

Nothing is set in stone as far as actors or the Mayor just something that "might" happen if all goes well. Hope for the best expect the worse is my philosophy.

6. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Bleyd, what kind of characters could you get on relatively short notice? How many troopers, Vader, etc.?

Short notice would mean anywhere from 1-7 days.

7. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    From now until one week after the premiere not many as we are completely booked.
    I'm hoping our Vader doesn't get burnt out as he's been going full steam since Show-west.

SO far he's been to:
    Show west for the Lucas event.
    California for several troops to include a commercial and several charity events a few weeks ago.
    He drove To Indy for C3 and immediately went back to Cali. for another charity event with Bill Shatner this weekend.
    Shadetree, Frito Lay, Pepsi, Stage 9 at Fashion Show, a charity Walk at Fashion Show as well as something we did with IGT.
    This hasn't even included the stuff we're doing during premiere week.

EM me, though, in case we do have a small window to help ya out. (But most of us are doing finishing touches on ROTS costumes and repairs on current ones.)
    Jedi are easier but troopers always look better in numbers. Whichever costumes, though, it's always better to go in similar ones so we all look uniform. This makes for a better presence whereever we may go.

tk002@neoncitygarrison.com

8. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    I checked the site and tickets for all 3 screenings are sold out but I will go to the box office myself tomorrow and ask. I tried EM-ing/PM-ing "exa256" who was asking us to help promote the theater but haven't heard news yet. Don't want a "hand-out"...I just want to be able to go see it with you guys after the other "thing" that's planned.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about any SW celebs or the Mayor to make it...I think attending all 4 days of CIII was more than enough for me, lol.

I wanted to go as a EPIII Blue Senate Guard but my props(with his mod Don Post helmet and custom ceremonial rifle) contact did not come through at all. Originally, I wanted to put together an untrimmed EPIII Clonetrooper kit but there were no EPIII helmets molded at the time. Now, I won't be able to afford both the armor and separate head bucket in time. Maybe for Comic Con this July though...

EDIT- didn't see our local "Vader" at CIII(there were several cool Vaders anyway) but did take a photo of his "Staff Car" ;)

9. kampilan

May 18, 2002
  10. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    Very nice. Have you thought of doing a "red" Royal Guard? Not too hard a costume but the helmet is a "Bear" to wear especially if it's hot or humid out. With just a helmet and red cloak it's an easy costume to pull off.

11. Estranged

Estranged Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2001
    Where is Neonopolis? No costumes at the Orleans for the midnight showing? :(

12. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    Neonopolis is downtown near/in the Fremont experience. Very nice seats, clean and still farily new. Neonopolis has it's own parking garage so pass the Fremont Street level garage, pass the lights stay on the right and turn at the downramp but don't go too fast as there's a slight bend when you go down. Last time the right side was closed so be prepared for a sharp left when you get down there. The elevator is in the center and the theatre is on the top floor. Gillians is on the first and second. If you're old enough to drink the second floor has a bar.

13. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    The Blue Guard outfit isn't mine= photo belongs to the guy that makes the props. Hadn't heard from him at all but been told he's put up one full costume with all the trimmings at eBay I heard. I only wanted the helmet and rifle.
    EDIT: The Red Guards look cool but I was never a big fan. I really dig the Blue Republic Guards. Kinda remind me of centurions or praetorians. Would've been kinda cool to stroll around in it at the Forum Shoppes, eh? ;)

Looks like my contact for my untrimmed Clonetrooper Armor may ship my kit around May 11 or so. I hope it comes in time for that weekend so I can start putting it together. Will need some experienced armor wranglers from you 501st guys to help me out with it. I think it comes with an EPII helmet but I am crossing my fingers that my EPIII contact can have mine done in time as well.

Was detoured out of my way to Neonopolis so I hope to fiund out tomorrow if I can still get a ticket for the Midninght show. If I can't see it with you guys, I already have my 12:10am Orleans ticket...but don't want to be the only dude in costume there,lol

14. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    Tickets are still on sale at Neon. I picked up 10 today. It is showing in 3 theatres there.

As for the costume I can give you tips but I don't think I'll have time to swing by and help. I'm working on several costumes and a prosthetic. The prosthetic is taking most of my time up AND I'm still juggling the family and work.

I've never put a clone together but it's not much differant from a trooper.
    Do you have your undersuit and boots? Don't know what kind clones wear but you can pick up a set O' trooper boots either on -bay (expensive usually) or here

Ehttp://www.easterncoastcostume.com/Pages/gogoboots/gogo_boots1.htm

The undersuit can be got at Star Costume. Ask for the dance skins and get the mock turtle neck one. A baclava wouldn't hurt, either.

Using ABS glue is the best bet but on armor you REALLY don't want to rush it or you'll ruin it. It's 501st initiation to build your own.

EM me at tk002@neoncitygarrison.com and I'll send you some links to help you out.

If you don't want to make the suit permanent use velcroe. Don't get the cheapy stuff get the industrial stuff that looks like all plastic. The glue is stronger and the velcroe doesn't fray like the other stuff. To keep your thigh pieces up use elastic straps and snaps. Again I can EMail you info.

BTW, word out is we're making more than one stop. We're doing a private screening at an undisclosed location and then the midnite showing at Neon. Then, if we're not totally burnt out, we're going to GVR to hopefully meet some of you. GVR is going to play EP3 all day long starting at the midnite show. Most likely we'll be there round 1-2Am.

15. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    That's cool that Neonopolis still has tickets available. Didn't get to go again today! The GVR stop sounds good but will have to get a 1 or 2 am ticket later. I can still use my Orleans tickets for later.

Thanks for all the info in helping put together the armor. There is a 501st Clonetrooper Detachement forum that I go to for help but any advice from TK armor is good advice. The Det Leader has also offered EM help as well as tips like tools and equipment.
    My head bucket is on the way and all I pretty much need are the boots. Clone armor is pretty similar, just the added knee and elbow pads is all. The boots have more dressing but I will have go basic for now.
    Oh, yeah I didn't have enough for a prop blaster so will have to find a temporary toy blaster instead.

So, what's this bit of news/rumor of C4 possibly happening here in Vegas? :D Its been mentioned in some threads here at TFN.

16. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Alrighty, I got my midnight tickets for Neon with no problem. If all goes to plan, I should have my EPIII Clonetrooper costume on.
    If you guys do go to GVR right after, I may go depending if I have Thursday off.
    Any other plans aside from Neon again on Sat? Does anyone have plans for Fri?

17. meik

meik Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    What Neonopolis showing on Saturday is the 501st planning to be at?

18. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    No set in stone plans for when Neon City Garrison is going to Neonopolis but most likely for the first showing. Depending on what's going on we may stay longer but a couple of the guys plan to head to GVR as well. Seeing it's on the other side of town for me I'll either stay at Neon or see what the group wants to do.

After the midnite premiere we are going to GVR to see how many of you guys we can meet. So for those at GVR don't leave as soon as the movie is over. Stick around a bit. Seeing the movie is 2 hrs 26 minutes and it'll take 15-30 minutes that'll bring us to 3AM.

19. jayse

jayse Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    i can't believe y'alls aren't seeing it with the DLP projector at the Orleans? Surely zee best?

I'm sorry I will miss everyone dressing up - i just found this board today - too late to change plans.

anyway I was part of the 501st in LA - Mandalorian

Haven't been around for a while - been in London -

But!!
    What are you doing on Saturday? I'd love to say hey.

// jayse

20. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Bleyd- one of my sisters got me a copy of the LV Weekly with you guys in it. Cool issue. The "before adn after" spread turned out great. I gotta grab a couple more...
    It was cool seeing you as The Emperor and see the great latex mask, our own "D" Vader and the other 501st folks as well as Obi-Dan and I did happen to see Dan-akin comein right before the movie started.
    Did you guys head to GVR right after? How did the whole BK thing go?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.