main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The 501st in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darklordoftech, May 20, 2014.

1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I like it!

We know from Filoni's comments about how George Lucas views the clones vs. recruits debate that we're likely to see more enlisted men (and women?) wearing the Stormtrooper armor in Rebels than we are clones.

But that said, if Vader's men in the 501st were an exception and made up exclusively clones, that could be very, very interesting.

This calls to mind the hints that some of the original Kamino clones are now employed as trainers. I wonder if some of the clones we got to know in TCW will feature in such a role? Maybe Cody? Rex?

I l-o-v-e that old article! I encourage any fan who hasn't checked it out to do so. :)

Iron_lord and darklordoftech like this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If battlefront I-II are canon then guess the answer may be there. Battlefront 3 should feature some new canon storyline if Rebels doesnt answer much or not I dont know. I was never a fan of the Maori Clone slave army, but CW did a good job of making them likable. I just never could stomach the change Lucas did with Boba Fett. If the Lucasfilm group doesnt care for the Lucas SE/PT Fett/clones stuff which apparently they're not then am very OK with the return of the OT Stormtroopers and original Fett.

TFU utilized the 501st pretty nice.

Personally there is no logical reason why the empire would switch to recruits for the Stormtroopers especially since they're still at war with rebels and any CIS remnants who likely wouldve switched to Rebel Alliance or formed a third party faction or just militarized their own independent system or whatever. Realistically any number of mercenaries couldve served as a new template for a Clone army, if the technology of Kamino or other worlds that build Clones which are outside of the Imperial domain, if you have enough credits or power you can build your own Clone Army. From the looks of Kamino as seen in AOTC , somehow overnight ships and tanks complemented the Clone army were apparently they were skilled in operating them as if designed to but the republic nor the Jedi were involved in the Clone production so where did they get the funds and military hardware unless all the vehicles were contracted out by the Kamino. Or the Jedi that remained could've had a clone army manufactured much like Sifo-Dyas was gonna do or did do, prior to Dooku killing him and taking over operations.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    They are not.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Batlefront 3 comes out in 2016 I think, not cool or good sign either.