main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 7 8 9 episode

Discussion in 'Literature' started by 8teenball, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8teenball

8teenball Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    I am new to this all.. and well i love my star wars but probebly not as much as some of you guys.
    But none the less i was wondering do you guys know if there has ever been a book publihed on the next episodes 7, 8 and 9.. just a question

hope you can help me

Thanks

2. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    No. There is no such thing as episodes 7-9, and in all likelihodd there never will be. There's an entire expanded universe out there, though, and if you want to get involved in that, there's a thread with a sticky note next to it at the top to help you.

3. Jade40291

Jade40291 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    There was a rumor floating around at the time ROTJ came out that Lucas envisioned the saga as 3 trilogies. That's where the "lost" episodes 7-9 come from...thing is...there was never meant to be a 7-9, that's why Lucas signed off on the EU and let Bantam Books kind of do their thing.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    We do know some of what the Sequel trilogy would have contained in it.

Much of that was condensed down into Return of the Jedi, however.

The rest is thematically mirrored in the comic series Dark Empire (which, because of that, is probably the closest thing to 7, 8 & 9).

However, many fans consider the Thrawn trilogy novels (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising & The Last Command) to be their personal 7, 8 & 9, unofficially.

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Though Lucas himself was quoted on the OS around a few months before TPM's as saying he felt the Dark Empire trilogy was pretty much what he'd have done for those three episodes. Are they now what he'd do? Perhaps not, but it is intresting that he'd have said so.

6. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    DE had similarities to the pre-1983 plan for 7-9, but it's hardly a carbon copy. Before Lucas fired Gary Kurtz, the plan was for Luke to fall to the dark side (without a second Death Star or Vader or the Emperor's death, mind you) and become the Emperor's thrall only to have Leia bring him back. There were no World Devastators, no Galaxy Gun, no clone Emperors, but there was eventually a massive Rebel assault on the capital planet and a lightsaber battle in a lava cave deep under the Imperial palace.

Reportedly, the 7-9 plan was scrapped because they wanted the Rebels to assault the capital in Ep. VI (without Luke falling), but that would have been an FX nightmare, so they built another Death Star instead.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, Leia wouldn't have brought Luke back, that would have been the role of Luke's sister (who wasn't Leia).

DE has thematic similarities, but, yeah, it's not a carbon copy.

8. DarthStinkyBritches

DarthStinkyBritches Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    I consider Children of the Jedi, Dark Saber, and the Crystal Star my personal 7, 8, and 9.

9. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I read last week that Lucas is secretly planning to make Episodes 7, 8, 9 to take place after ROTJ but without the characters we know...Rather it will be about Yaddle and new characters and will take place far way from the known galaxy...That way it won't interfere with EU.

10. BescinPrix

BescinPrix Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2004
    Sean, if you are referring to the article I think you are referring, you are the victim of an April Fool's joke.

Sorry buddy.

11. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Oh Crap! I am the biggest sucker for April Fools jokes...I always fall for them. :oops: Thanks for the info friend, I appreciate it.

12. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    O_O

How the force could you fall for something that obvious?

That is worse than most of SS's stuff rofl

13. Niten_Ryu

Niten_Ryu Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    If Lucas wants to print money, he'll make episodes 7-9 but I don't really see another reason for it. IMO Post-RotJ seems to be rather boring, no matter if Lucas wants to follow EU or not.

14. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    There was a rumor floating around at the time ROTJ came out that Lucas envisioned the saga as 3 trilogies. That's where the "lost" episodes 7-9 come from...thing is...there was never meant to be a 7-9, that's why Lucas signed off on the EU and let Bantam Books kind of do their thing.

Reread Lucas's introduction to Splinter of the Mind's Eye and see if you can type that there wasn't ever meant to be a 7-9 again without being mendacious. [face_plain]

15. Jade40291

Mar 4, 2005
    Reread Lucas's introduction to Splinter of the Mind's Eye and see if you can type that there wasn't ever meant to be a 7-9 again without being mendacious

Medacious means lying or untruthful...yes I had to look it up. All I have to say is, I did read Splinter of the Mind's Eye when I was like 10, which was more years ago than I care to remember, at a time when I didn't care about introductions, so I'm not aware of what Lucas said. I have no desire to re-read any part of that book as I found it an offensive piece of crap that was an insult to the Star Wars universe and should never have been written...just my opinion.

However, in the future if you read my posts and you find something I've said to be wrong, don't EVER call me a liar again. I can handle being wrong and being corrected, but being insulted and called a liar takes away from the fun of coming to this community. I responded to a thread based on my understanding of events, there is absolutely no need to call me a liar simply because I'm wrong. Sorry, but that is just rude. I know I'm inviting flaming...but bring it on. Any flames will prove my point about the childishness of the room.

16. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    I wasn't saying that you had lied when you initially posted; my apologies if you took it that way. I was just trying to say "read this, which contradicts what you said" a little differently than normal. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. :(

17. Jade40291

Mar 4, 2005
    I wasn't saying that you had lied when you initially posted; my apologies if you took it that way. I was just trying to say "read this, which contradicts what you said" a little differently than normal. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

No problem...misunderstandings happen all the time. But I swear I looked it up on dictionary.com and it's defined as being untruthful, false or a lie. That's where it came from.

Water under the bridge...back the the discussion!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.