main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The 7th Annual Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange! ~ Fic-gifts due by TONIGHT! (1/4/14)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Can you believe it? The end of 2013 is almost here and we will soon be welcoming in 2014. But before we can do that, we have a tradition here in Fanfic… The Fic-Gift!

Yep, it’s time for the 7th annual Fic-Gift Exchange where you get to ask for a fic and give one to someone in return!
    [​IMG]
    How to Participate

Send me, mavjade a PM with three things you would like in your fic-gift*, something you don’t want in your fic-gift, the main characters you want in your fic-gift, the Era in which your fic-gift should take place and the Era(s) you want to write for.

Example PM:
    I want a story in Beyond with
    1. a stolen kiss
    2. an accident that almost happens
    3. a celebration
    I do not want: anyone dying
    Characters: Luke, Mara and Ben
    I would like to write for Beyond or Saga

* You may include more than three things that you want, but the author is only required to use three of them. If you put more than three, they are allowed to pick which three (or more) that they use, so choose wisely. (Slight rules change from previous years!)

Your request does NOT have to be holiday related, this is whatever you want.

When sending your request, remember this is not the Dare Challenge and you aren't trying to stup someone or make them hate you for asking them to write something. You are asking for something you want in a fic.

After I've sent my request, what happens?

After I have received all the requests I will send you someones request and you will write for them. Your request will not necessarily be given to the person for whom you are writing, but it is possible that it will happen.

You will then write the fic that the person has requested doing your best to keep it a secret from them until you post. (If you have a question about something in the request, send mavjade the question and I will ask for you and give you an answer ASAP). When you are ready, you post the fic-gift for the person to 'open' and read.

When you are writing, feel free to be as creative as you want, just remember to include at least the three things for which your fic-gift recipient asked.

Deadlines/Posting

Fic-Gift Requests: Need to be PM’d to mavjade by 7am PST Sunday, December 1st.

Final deadline for your Fic-Gift to be posted: 11:59pm PST January 4th, 2014. You may post your fic-gift at anytime.

When you post your fic-gift please put in the title "Fic-gift for ___ " and put a link and who it is for here in this thread.

If you have not posted your fic-gift two weeks (approximately) before it is due you will receive a PM from me reminding you of the due date. If you would not like to receive this reminder PM, let me know.

Other Important Info:

* It is very difficult once to trade fic-gift requests once they have all been sent out so please think carefully about what era's you agree to write in. If there is a character(s) you refuse to write, let me know but please do so sparingly.

* If your request has an Original Character in it, please provide a link to stories where someone can read your OC and get an idea about their character. If you are feeling particularly helpful, a character description and some character traits might be appreciated by the writer. But do realise the person writing your fic may have not read your OC and they may not get the character the way you see them.

* If for some reason you find you will not be able to get your Fic-gift done by the deadline, please let me know as soon as possible so I can send the request to someone else. I don't want anyone to get left out!

* If you find yourself done with your fic-gift early and would be willing to write another fic-gift for someone who finds they are not able to write after all, let me know! I can always use pinch hitters!

Sorry, no Non-Star Wars fic or characters, too many fandoms and no way to know who knows/writes for what.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or ask in the thread!

Have fun and Happy Holidays!

[​IMG]
    Master List of Stories
    Being Ten by earlybird-obi-wan for jcgoble3
    Cold Winter by Jedi_Lover for Rau_Fang
    Diamonds are Forever by Ceillean for Nyota's Heart
    Family Affair - by PonyTricks for earlybird-obi-wan
    Gentle Close of Day by Nyota's Heart for KELIA
    The Boy Who Lived by Ceillean for Jedi_Lover

Discoveries and Conversations by mavjade for DaenaBenjen42

Tosti's and Jedi by earlybird-obi-wan for PonyTricks

Bachelor Party Aftereffects by Nytoa's Heart for Ceillean

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot! Stoked to be part of this [face_party] :cool: I will think up my wants and pm them :D

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I was looking forward to this. :)

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    PM ed my wishes. Looking forward to this

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    OK, I gave in. I'll try this for the first time. PM sent.

6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Sent in my PM. :D

7. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Only a few more days to get your requests in!

8. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    *raises hand* I've sent you a PM and I'm playing, too!

9. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Everyone should now have received their story to write!

If there are people who wanted to participate but didn't get their request in on time, let me know and if there are enough people, we may be able to do another round of exchanging before the time is up. :)

10. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Ceil got mine -- yeehaw.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  13. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Wow! You guys are fast!

The master list in the first post has been updated.

14. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    My ficgift to early-bird-obi-wan has been posted!

Family Affair

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  16. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
  17. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Master List Updated.

This is a reminder that your fic-gifts are due in two weeks, I'll be sending out PM reminders in a day or so.

If you don't feel as though you'll be able to write your fic-gift please let me know so I can find someone else to write it, I don't want anyone left out!

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    mavjade -- I'll sub for any who feel they cannot provide their fic-gift. [face_dancing] [face_batting]

19. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

Same here. If anyone can't finish on time, I'll gladly help out. :)

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More help needed?

21. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks for volunteering to do extras guys! I may be PMing you all in the next few days! [:D]

22. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    I'll volunteer, too. I should be able to do one - if it turns out I can't, I'll let you know right away.

23. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
  24. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    :_| - No fic for me....... ?? My story requirements weren't all THAT hard! :_|

25. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    The deadline to post is tomorrow. There is still time. You might get your fic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.