main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The 7th Hymn of Tiresias- AU -(Luke OCs post Jedi) Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Unlocked and upped by request!

May 2008

Dare I say it?

Yes it's an entirely new story!

The 7th Hymn of Tiresias is a Sequal to And Vega Lights my Way, which is in turn a part of a longer series - of!

Before I begin, a few simple notes/request

Since I have 5 chapters under my belt, I think I can stick to a fairly regular posting schedual of once a week (at least) - if you wish to be on the "PM Update list", please let me know - even if you've made mention of it in the past - I don't wish to presume.

This is a "Breezy-verse AU" which means I have little knowlege of the 'official EU' and will pick and choose what works for my story as suits.

Let me be forthright: No Mara Jade exsist on this story. No Vong, no what not... So you have been forwarned.:)

This story referances a Same Sex relationship, crudely known in the venacular as 'Slash', but in keeping with our guidleines here, it is in referance to original characters and as in life, their bedroom activies rarely influance the story at all. So, you wont see Luke Tripping the lavender (even if that IS his thing - I never really asked him) here.

There ARE some PM chapters, though edited for posting, you are always free to ask for and recieve the full versions. Also, I should note that although none of them are gratuitious or decend into the relm of 'biology' lessons, they are stronger than the public board standards allow.

Lastly, this does take place Post Jedi, but more importantly, it takes place Post Vega, I would advise that you have a nosey at that story first....

Right!

Lastly I want to thank my ever patient Beta and her RED PEN OF DEATH - Geo3, without whom the stories would have forever remained untold....

Shall we begin?

A long time ago.....

2. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    The 7th Hymn of Tiresias

Chapter 1

Love is not blind - it sees more, not less.
    But because it sees more, it is willing to see less. ?
    Rabbi Julius Gordon

Luke! Luke! Come down for first meal before mid-day meal!

Aunt Beru?

No? Beru and Owen were long gone.

What?

When Luke awoke, he was alone again, but not at the homestead.

I?m on Corellia, alone in Aubé?s bed, Luke thought to himself ruefully. Well, not completely alone.

A pair of startlingly blue eyes peered at him shyly from the door way. ?My Gra-mere said to see if you were awake,? Pemberian said quietly. She rocked back and forth on her heels expectantly, and then with a burst of energy asked, ?Are you? Gra-mere wants to know if you?d like some first meal? She made loads of good things!?

Luke pulled the blanket over himself, suddenly very conscious of the fact that he was completely undressed. ?Yes? yes I would? Thank you. Where?s your mother, Pem??

?Ma-mere went with Nay-pa to help Kay-Kay this morning,? she giggled. ?Kay-Kay promised that I could have his award for my room because he doesn?t want it! Come to first meal soon!? and with those cryptic parting words, Pemberian was away and down the stairs, a virtual blur of curls and the bright blue of her tunic.

Luke sighed and slowly climbed out of bed. To his surprise, he found, instead of his own clothing, a tunic and vest and leggings in soft shades of blue. His lightsaber and belt rested neatly folded next to them.

Local clothing.

Before Luke could really contemplate the meaning behind all of the morning?s revelations, the warm smells of home cooking drifted invitingly to his nose, and he decided that his questions could wait ? at least until after first meal.

Feeling refreshed and clean, Luke followed the scents and sounds of laughter to a small room overlooking a garden.

?Good morning Luke,? Kampher said warmly, greeting him with a kiss on the cheek. ?I take you slept well?? Kam?s hair was dressed in a simple plait, the white cascading into the dark brown that Luke remembered from the first time they had met. It rested easily on the green of her tunic and looking at her, Luke thought of spring with the snow receding from the mountain side.

?Do you like shurra fruit, Pay-pa Luke?? Pem asked over a mouthful of her own, earning a stern glance from Kam. She swallowed and continued, unabashed. ?My Nay-pa says it?s his favorite!?

Luke took the proffered seat across from Pem, and promptly found a large plate with a generous assortment of fruit and meats in front of him. After pouring him a cup of caf, Kampher sat down to a much smaller meal of her own. On seeing the meat on his plate, Pem wrinkled her nose.

?Nay-pa doesn?t like that,? she said decisively, and then brightened. ?But Ma-mere does!?

?I seem to have missed her this morning,? Luke replied gently, more so to Kampher than Pem. ?She seems to be a very busy woman??

?She is,? Kampher agreed, sipping on her caf. ?I don?t think we?ll see her until tonight at the presentation. "There?s so much to do.? She turned to Luke with a smile. ?I?m afraid it?s just you and me and Pemberian this afternoon. I hope you don?t mind.?

?Can we take Pay-pa Luke to Treasure Ship row?? Pem asked excitedly. ?I want to show him my favorite sweet stall!?

?Only if you promise to be good and not ask for too much, Pem,? Kampher replied. ?And if you?re finished with first meal, I want you to go do your lessons. I need to talk to Luke.?

?Yes Gra-mere,? Pem said after taking a last swallow of juice. She jumped off of her chair, and threw herself into Luke?s arms. ?Pay-pa Luke, you?re staying with us now, aren?t you??

Luke held his daughter close. ?I?m always with you Pem,? he murmured softly. ?Even when I?m halfway across the Galaxy.?

This seemed to be a satisfactory answer for her, and with a quick kiss on his cheek, Pemberian disappeared into the house.

As soon as she had gone, Luke turned to face Kampher, who wore an expression of expectatio

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Woo hoo! [face_dancing] Off to a great start! =D=

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Must give my support here and say I look forward to seeing Luke and his daughter get to know each other.

5. jedi-isis

jedi-isis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2005
    Breezy,

Being here is a first for me. I have never been past the Saga so you are lighting my way through new realms:D

This is a delightful surprise because I assumed posting would resume after the first of December. Better sooner than later.

When Luke awoke, he was alone again....

Gee, I hope Aube does not make a habit of this.;) It would be nice to have him awake and be able to feel a warm body instead of empty sheets and pillows.

Pem is adorable and I want this relationship to flower

Great first chapter =D=;however, my senses were straining for more.

PM any rated chapters and updates. This is always a standing request.:p

6. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh, beautiful. And of course you can keep me on the PM list! I love your stuff (especially your AU EU).

jazz

(and I will, of course, take any of your wonderful PM only chapters!)

7. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh thank you!

Pem's not the only one Luke needs to get to know! [face_blush]

Yes, after getting 6 Chapters written (and part of the 7th![face_dancing]) done (my poor red pen of death!)
    I thought I'd get a jump on things...

This is my first venture outside of my comfortable Saga Zone too... [face_worried][face_worried] and I DO hope others will find us here - PMs were sent but [face_worried][face_worried]

Of course I'll be hapy to keep you updated with PM chapters!

Glad to see you too Jazz!

and there are at LEAST 3 PM chapters that I know of for sure....

[face_devil]

And from the orginal thread:

Jaira

Aww. Good start, Breezy. You can keep me on that PM list of yours. grin

Thank you Jaira! Yes, of course I'll keep you PM'd

Hopefully some others will find us soon![face_love]

8. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Well, I found you in this very oddly colored place. ;)

Interesting beginning, though, I might disagree with the Canaille clan's views on the need/right to knowledge.

Oh, and please put me back on the PM list.

9. zvalarens

zvalarens Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    DarthBreezy,

What a great start! Don't remember what I found yesterday, but I ended up reading the whole series leading up to this. You have me hooked (I pretended to work all day, but was really reading And Vega Lights My Way).

I would love to be added to you pm list!

10. jedi-isis

Aug 11, 2005
    Breezy,

Since I started my voyage through your various stories, the Breezy OC of Kampher and Schurke has truly been treasured. From All Points North, Knights and Eros Bound, And Vega Lights My Way, the short viggie Names (Archive Bound) and now Hymn their adventures, trials, loves and agonies have opened my eyes to a new SW world. For this I will always be supremely grateful and thoroughly educated in AU.@};-

You have always painted Kam with a very loving brush and the start of this sequel is no different.
    Kam?s hair was dressed in a simple plait, the white cascading into the dark brown that Luke remembered from the first time they had met. It rested easily on the green of her tunic and looking at her, Luke thought of spring with the snow receding from the mountain side.

Before I continue, from what language (besides French) are your drawing for the Nay and Pay terms for grand and father?

Here is the crux of the whole:

?And left everything behind,? Kampher finished for him gently. ?You would have done anything for your child, wouldn?t you??

?Yes,? Luke replied just as softly, understanding dawned on his face. ?But??

?But it was right,? Kam interrupted him, taking his hands in hers. ?Pemberian has grown up with the full knowledge of her father and her heritage? at least that of being a Jedi??

?But she doesn?t know me,? Luke sighed wistfully, casting his eyes in the direction his daughter had run. ?She has no idea who I really am.?

Luke's future creating the new Order, his search for surviving Jedi and the emerging new Republic would have been completely submerged next to the responsibility of his daughter.

Again, a hopeful beginning in this new locale and I will be with you throughout.=D=

11. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    GunraysLawyer

Well, I found you in this very oddly colored place. wink

I'm glad! This is a scary, lonely place![face_worried]

Interesting beginning, though, I might disagree with the Canaille clan's views on the need/right to knowledge.

Oh I agree! But in a way, it's a good thing to disagree with your characters. I mean, it's intereting when they can 'think' outside the author's mindset...

Oh, and please put me back on the PM list.

Very gladly :*

zvalarens

DarthBreezy,

What a great start! Don't remember what I found yesterday, but I ended up reading the whole series leading up to this. You have me hooked (I pretended to work all day, but was really reading And Vega Lights My Way).

Oh wow! Thank you very much!!!![:D]

I would love to be added to you pm list!

Very gladly!

jedi-isis

Breezy,

Since I started my voyage through your various stories, the Breezy OC of Kampher and Schurke has truly been treasured. From All Points North, Knights and Eros Bound, And Vega Lights My Way, the short viggie Names (Archive Bound) and now Hymn their adventures, trials, loves and agonies have opened my eyes to a new SW world. For this I will always be supremely grateful and thoroughly educated in AU. rose

Oh wow....[face_blush][face_blush][face_blush] Thank you SO much!!!

You have always painted Kam with a very loving brush and the start of this sequel is no different.
    Kam?s hair was dressed in a simple plait, the white cascading into the dark brown that Luke remembered from the first time they had met. It rested easily on the green of her tunic and looking at her, Luke thought of spring with the snow receding from the mountain side.

It was so... Odd...

I could 'see' her standing by the window, looking out on to her garden, so in this passage, Luke is seeing her through MY eyes....

Before I continue, from what language (besides French) are your drawing for the Nay and Pay terms for grand and father?

Nay and Pay come from 'that other place', where the stories come from...

Here is the crux of the whole:

?And left everything behind,? Kampher finished for him gently. ?You would have done anything for your child, wouldn?t you??

?Yes,? Luke replied just as softly, understanding dawned on his face. ?But??

?But it was right,? Kam interrupted him, taking his hands in hers. ?Pemberian has grown up with the full knowledge of her father and her heritage? at least that of being a Jedi??

?But she doesn?t know me,? Luke sighed wistfully, casting his eyes in the direction his daughter had run. ?She has no idea who I really am.?

Luke's future creating the new Order, his search for surviving Jedi and the emerging new Republic would have been completely submerged next to the responsibility of his daughter.

Yes, I believe so... Poor Luke, he is very much 'his mother's son' in many respects, but the Skywalker blood runs deep and hot...

Again, a hopeful beginning in this new locale and I will be with you throughout. applause

Oh thank you!
    [:D]
    Shall we all hope for a snow day so I might push past the little hill in front of me?

Well, We're good for 6 more chapters as soon as they come down the pipe from RED PEN OF DEATH

See you soon!

12. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    This is a scary, lonely place!

Don?t be scared! We, your readers, are here, promise. But is IS very oddly colored for those of us used to the Saga board?

First off, where do you get your story titles? Every one is more intersting and evocative than the last!

This is a wonderful beginning for your new story ? it is full of energy and life, like little Pem herself. We encounter the characters at a different stage of their lives, which of course brings with it new challenges. I?m so looking forward to what you bring.

I just wanted to pick out this gem of description:

Marvelous. I can see her standing right in front of me.

OK, back to that stack of betas?

Love,

The RED PEN OF DEATH

13. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Geo3

This is a scary, lonely place!

Don?t be scared! We, your readers, are here, promise. But is IS very oddly colored for those of us used to the Saga board?

Yes, I admit that it's not as scary as I thought it would be![face_batting]

First off, where do you get your story titles? Every one is more intersting and evocative than the last!

The only answer I have is as I told jedi-isis, From The other place. This one was actually a LITTLE easier as... well... to
    say anymore would be giving too much away... (Myth folk might find it interesting though!!)

This is a wonderful beginning for your new story ? it is full of energy and life, like little Pem herself. We encounter the characters at a different stage of their lives, which of course brings with it new challenges. I?m so looking forward to what you bring.

Oh me too! 6.5 Chapters got written in a flash... we have hit a temporay snag but that shouldn't be too much of an issue for a while.

I just wanted to pick out this gem of description:

Marvelous. I can see her standing right in front of me.

Oh, I might have a lovely chapter about this later I think... A little bit of 'background' on the love of Kam and Schurke... it may remain one of those "Author things" but it might find it's way into the story itself.

OK, back to that stack of betas?

Whoohooo! Maybe we'll be generous and do another post mid week...

Love,

The RED PEN OF DEATH

A am SO NOT AFRAID!!!!![face_worried][face_worried][face_worried](really :p)

Thank you everyone for your kind words!

14. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    With love and thanks to my RED PEN OF DEATH [face_love]

The 7th Hymn of Tiresias

Chapter 2

Waste not fresh tears over old griefs. ? Euripides

?Bé,? Kay?leb sighed as his sister ran a brush though his long hair. ?I think its fine. In fact, I?m sure it is fine.? He grinned rakishly. ?Besides, likely as not, Toa will have it messed up again before tonight.?

?I don?t care,? Aubé replied, continuing to brush. ?If your companion- come- Apprentice Healer??

?Comes often?? Kay?leb quipped, earning a slap on the shoulder.

Aubé didn?t miss a beat??if Toa messes up your hair before tonight, he can re-do it for you.?

Kay?leb caught her hand mid-stroke. Gently removing the brush, he brought her hand to his cheek. ?Dear sister, why aren?t you home with your Jedi? Pappa and Toa and I can manage just fine without you. And stop pursing your lips. It makes you look sour.?

Aubé stuck out her tongue and blew loudly in his ear. ?Better??

With lightning speed, Aubé found herself whipped unceremoniously into Kay?leb?s lap, her shirt pushed up exposing her belly. Kay?leb began to rub her stomach furiously.

?Hmm, no little light yet, sister of mine. I?ll have to tell Luke to try harder.?

?Kay?leb Canaille, you?ll do no such thing!? Aubé squealed indignantly. ?I have no intention of having another child for a long time? and I?ve made sure of that!?

?Maybe I?ll replace your insurance with jubba berry juice.?

Aubé sat up on Kay?leb?s lap, horrified. ?You wouldn?t dare!?

Kay?leb pulled his sister into a hug. ?Of course not dear sister, but I don?t see what you?re afraid of.?

?I?m not afraid of anything,? Aubé snapped. ?I just thought that Luke should get to know his daughter, that?s all.?

?She?s with mother?? Kay?leb murmured in her ear, but Aubé didn?t answer. ?Bé?? Kay?leb prompted her gently.

Aubé sighed. ?All right,? she admitted, ?Even though I knew he was coming, and I knew that he would find out about Pem??

?And you knowthat not all my visions are literal? I?m not an oracle Bé. Sometimes I see things and interpret them wrong?

?I don?t want to talk about it, Kay,? Aubé said sadly, twining a lock of his hair between her fingers.

?And you?re forgetting that I also told you that I might be mistaken?? Now Kay?leb took it in turn to interrupt her. ?I always tell you that these things can be subjective ? or symbolic.? Suddenly, he cocked his head towards the door. ?I can hear Pappa coming.?

Aubé slid off his lap, snorting as Kay?leb rubbed the top of her head. ?I?ll ask him if he?s seen Toa.?

?No need, Bé,? Kay?leb grinned. ?Toa is with him.? He grimaced and stretched his legs. ?I guess it?s time for another treatment.?

?Are you going to be all right, Kay?? Aubé asked anxiously. ?Is there anything I can do??

The door opened and their father Schurke entered, accompanied by a tall, blond young man with striking green eyes.

?You can make your father walk a few more rounds around the center,? the blond man said jovially. ?And tell him to stop leaning on the staff like it?s his third leg.?

Schurke waved the ornate walking stick menacingly and growled. ?If you wouldn?t insist on calling a lightspeed dash a walk??

?Hello Pappa,? Aubé smiled. ?Hello Toa. Have you come to abuse my brother some more??

Toa kissed Aubé lightly on the cheek. ?Only because he loves it so, my lovely Bé?
    His arm delicately encircled her waist. ?I can take care of you later, if you?d like?? he whispered, nibbling on her ear.

?Maybe another time, Toa,? Aubé sighed, squeezing him back. She ran a delicate finger down his belly, making him jump.

?No fair little girl,? he murmured, catching her hand and lightly putting her forefinger between his lips. ?I have work to do.?

Aubé grinned and tapped his nose lightly as they changed places. She took her father?s arm while Toa circled around and began to massage Kay?leb?s shoulders. Kay?leb only groaned his ack

15. Kele-en

Kele-en Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2005
    Men with long hair and women brushing it... I see bad habits are spreading like viruses! [face_laugh]

More soon, rí'he, Real Life has me firmly in its grip this week.

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great to see another chapter up so soon! :D

=D=

17. jedi-isis

Aug 11, 2005
    Ok Breezy,

Another great and ;) informative post!

With lightning speed, Aubé found herself whipped unceremoniously into Kay?leb?s lap, her shirt pushed up exposing her belly. Kay?leb began to rub her stomach furiously.

?Hmm, no little light yet, sister of mine. I?ll have to tell Luke to try harder.?

Love this interaction between siblings. Time, a bed occupied by two and jubba berry juice would help a great deal.:D

Ah yes, Kay?leb the visionary. Your selection of choices here Breezy:
    not all my visions are literal and I always tell you that these things can be subjective ? or symbolic. :rolleyes: He's no help!!!

Toa kissed Aubé lightly on the cheek. ?Only because he loves it so, my lovely Bé?
    His arm delicately encircled her waist. ?I can take care of you later, if you?d like?? he whispered, nibbling on her ear.

?Maybe another time, Toa,? Aubé sighed, squeezing him back. She ran a delicate finger down his belly, making him jump.

?No fair little girl,? he murmured, catching her hand and lightly putting her forefinger between his lips. ?I have work to do.?

OHHHHHHHHHHHH! Does Luke have a potential rival here? Kay?leb?s companion- come- Apprentice Healer??? HUMMMMMMMMMM Is this your subtle reference??[face_thinking]

Luke lowered his face, feigning shame. ?How could I resist such charms? And at least I brought home enough to hopefully appease her mother.?

Kampher gently cupped Luke?s chin in her hand, raising his eyes to meet her own. ?Still trying to make up for imagined sins Luke?? She asked.

?Lost time, more like it,? Luke admitted. ?I feel like? like I let her down??

Poor Luke, if I have my time-frame correct, over thirty and still insecure about his charm and of course his budding fatherhood. :rolleyes:

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, poor Luke. Feeling a bit guilty huh? Lovely post Breezy.

19. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Luke with the guilt. Sounds familiar. :)

Good post, thanks for the PM!

20. zvalarens

zvalarens Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    I was wondering the same thing. I had to read it twice to make sure I didn't miss something.

Excellent update! Thanks for the pm!

21. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Thanks for the PM I finally caught up with this.

Wonderful posts! I'm loving it so far. So great to see Luke with a family and not Mara freaking out over something idiotic. ;)

Opps! Did I bash the EU? :eek:

22. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Kampher gently cupped Luke?s chin in her hand, raising his eyes to meet her own. ?Still trying to make up for imagined sins Luke?? She asked.

?Lost time, more like it,? Luke admitted. ?I feel like? like I let her down??

Oh.... poor Luke. I'm sure he'll figure out a way to make it up to her, even if it's all in his mind.

uppies! Thanks for the PM!

jazz

23. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Luke has a rival? Me thinks not...eh DB?

24. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Once again, I thnk you for all the replies!!

Proper replies very soon!

25. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It's really not so scary here. Most of us don't bite. ;)

So Luke gets to spoil his daughter. He's such a good dad. He would have given up everything for her. He didn't have a father growing up and wouldn't want his daughter to suffer the same. At least he didn't miss out on all her childhood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.